Holiday Stocking Crochet Along

Guest wolfs1love

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

rebecca, yup, you see shimmer. I used Caron Victorian Gold. I love that yarn. I have a huge stash of it from when it used to be sold in 1.75 oz balls.

I chose the library to donate to because there isn't often a lot of extra money for fun stuff. The kids that come in are so thrilled to see the Christmas trees every year, that I thought they'd get a kick out of these.

I'm not sure if there is a gallery for this yet. I don't know how many folks have started working on their stockings yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Very pretty, Kari.

Stockings 2 and 3 of 10:

sox2-3.jpg

The pattern for the red stocking came from a free project sheet I got from the RH holiday yarn display at Walmart. I checked the Coats & Clark website, but couldn't find it there.

Guest SamplerLady

At a craft fair this weekend, I saw huge knitted mittens sold instead of stockings. They were very cute. I'm wondering how hard it would be to crochet them. Maybe a treaditional crocheted mitten pattern using two strands, larger hook? mmouseplus.gif

Renee,

Your stockings look wonderful!! I love the victorian lace color, too. I made a poncho and purse/bag out of Victorian lace. :clap

Kari,

That stocking is beautiful! I love the pink. :cheer2

Thanks Renee and I love yours!

And thanks Rebecca, yes that is tiny little crocheted lace- first try. Really I have to admit, that picture does no justice to it whatsoever, it really did turn out darling. I'm making a blue one for the boy grandson, probably without the lace though.

Hi All! You can count me in also. I started one for my son (9 mos old so he wont be much a critic :D! ) and if it turns out ok I will be making one for my stepson & another for my stepdaughter. I'm using the Lily sugarn' cream christmas stocking pattern but with caron wintuk yarn. :))

Ammie

p.s. I also started the Polka Dot stocking got a few squares done then got sidetracked. I was going to make those for myself & hubby.

Kari, it's been awhile since I checked in here, but I had to post that I absolutely love your stocking!! :)h What pattern did you use? I have two super girlie girls around my house that would flip over a stocking like that. :)

Renee, yours are looking great too! :)

I need to get started on mine.... :knit

Uh oh, I think I am going to have to join this one. I have never made anything christmasy, so this will be my first. I think I am going to use the baby boy and girl patterns to make victorian stockings for my mom.

Laura

Thanks Tiff!

I made it from: Baby Girl's First Stocking Although when finishing I made the little lace edging instead of what is on the pattern. Oh and I also took out the Tr row of the cuff for a ribbon and justr made it solid sc.

It was really fun. There'sone for a boy there too, which is basically the same only blue and without the "girly fancys"

Okay, I'm in! :D! I wasn't really planning on making a stocking, but when I was at Walmart a couple of days ago, they were unpacking a big shipment of Lion Brand Fun Fur. One of the new free pattern leaflets was a Fun Fur Christmas stocking. Too cute! :rock I wasn't going to succumb, but yesterday I was a Walmart again and some red and white Fun Fur found its way into my cart. :bad I started last night and I'm about a quarter of the way through. :woohoo

Archived