Holiday Stocking Crochet Along

Guest wolfs1love

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished one stocking, using the same Quick & Easy Stocking pattern as Kari. I used LB Thick & Quick Chenille and will probably add a brim in cream. I'm going to take a better picture tomorrow without the holiday tablecloth as a background. :hsanta

lstocking.jpg

The page looks great!! I wish I had joined but I'm barely getting done what I have on my plate now. :help We need to do this again next year too! :thumbsup

I don't oppose it, I plan on making more stockings next year for next Christmas (for the ones I didn't have time to make this year). I think it's a good idea to keep it open.

I've finished my stockings. I don't have photos of the last four because I wanted to get them to the library. The staff is having their Christmas party on Friday, so I'll try to get a picture of all of them hanging up.

I'm a new member, only joined this week. I would love to participate in something like this for next Christmas. My son, who has a wonderful stocking that was knit by his Grandma, is getting married in February. I'd love to make a comparably sized stocking for his wife-to-be for next Christmas.

:w-flake

I made a stocking too but I cant post it just yet - until the recipient receives her package. Then I will post the picture :D However, I realized today that I totally forgot to add the little part to hang the stocking with! So, recipient, you'll have to add that little extra bit to your stocking :blush

• 10 months later...

It's getting awful close to Christmas and I have noticed all the posts are from '04.

Is this CAL still open or am I missing something? :think

I would love to work along with you all, please advise.

That's great to hear.... I have already started the easy one but making a few changes..... I would rather have the toes & heels green with the body of it in red & white like a candy cane.... I'm winging it here, lol

• 1 month later...

It was hard to take a good picture of this. The stocking is ribbed; but it doesn't show in the picture. The pattern is from an old book, "Chrismas Crochet" by American Needlework. The yarn is white cotton yarn and Red Heart Holiday Craft yarn in victorian.

Happy Holidays!

(clickable picture)

th_Misc012.jpg

Tracy your stocking is very good.

I actually made these last year, but this year we are spending the holidays with my parents so each stocking has a pressie in and they will be opened either Xmas night or Boxing Day.:manyheart

stockings.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love the Polka Dot stocking wolfs1love linked. This will be my husband's and my first Christmas since we got married, and what a great way to celebrate it than with handmade stockings. Now, where do I find the time to finish two while finishing presents for everyone else!??

Archived