FO - Alan Dart Gnome

smokeyp81

Here is my finished gnome. I posted about my search for this pattern in this post.

He was fun to make. I have another on the needles right now. He is opposite colors. Red body, Grey hat.

I think the next one, I won't stuff quite so full. You can see the stuffing on his arms.

Here he is!

051407010.jpg

that is really cute! there is a pattern very much like this in the Simply Knitting book I bought the other day. I don't have it on hand but i think it's called Family Knits or something similar. I just found the book and it's the Big Book of Family Knits and looked at the pattern and it's by the same guy. doh! lol

so I just loaded your other post and the link to the original gnome on the Simply Knitting site, they don't have this book listed as having the pattern. But something caught my eye with this book, a coupld of the patterns in there have been in Simply Knitting's magazines and now this gnome appears in 3 of their books. Is making me wonder if I buy their stuff anymore. I mean, if they're going to keep doubling up all the time!

This book cost me $24.95 from my local newsagency and was a real spur of the moment buy (ya know, when you feel sad and buying something makes you feel better? yeah one of those moments). It's price in pounds was 8.99 but we have a really poor exchange rate against the pound. There are some nice patterns in here though, so I am not disapointed to have bought it. There's a really casual mens raglan, and a couple of nice ladies boleros and such.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived