So disappointed in Joanns

I signed up to take an intermediate crochet class last month. Wouldn't you know, it was cancelled. They didn't tell me because whoever took the registration didn't do something right and I wasn't on the list. Its hard to get out of the house on a week night but I arranged everything to get there. I was so excited. So I just re-registered for the next class for this month. I got a call today saying they have to bump the class back a week. Now I may not be able to go because of prior commitments.:(

This has happened to me 3 times now. Not all at Joanns but a class being cancelled and no one calls. I have to really make a special effort to go out on a week night and DH has to come home from work earlier than usual.:angry

Does this happen a lot with crochet classes? I know they aren't offered very often.

I had that happen with quilting classes a lot.

Have you considered developing a Crochet Co-op through your local library or your church? If you set it up so that it is specifically about learning and teaching others, it would be up front that y'all will share what you know.

I taught myself. I couldn't wait for someone to show me...I got promises from a couple of family members years ago that they were going to teach me and none of them came through for me...So one day I took the bus to town and went to my library and took out some how to books.....It took me a while but I did it and haven't looked back.

There are also videos out on learning how to crochet too..

I had that happen with quilting classes a lot.

Have you considered developing a Crochet Co-op through your local library or your church? If you set it up so that it is specifically about learning and teaching others, it would be up front that y'all will share what you know.

My church did that, we had such a good time!!! We had some really talented people. It was nice, we each brought something to snack on our current project.

I essentially taught myself too - I had a friend at work who got me started on the chain and single crochet. But I mostly learned from online sites - tutorials and illustrations. Glad I did too, because it turned out my friend does not single crochet correctly.

i'm sorry that happened to you. i use to teach at joanns and what really irked me was the manager would cancel if i only had like 2 students, then another time would let me have one, policy states that if there are under 4 students now i think that the class will be cancelled., maybe you could contact the crochet teacher herself and ask about lessons, they are not bound to just joanns as they are independant contractors(at least when i taught there), but i got tired of having all my time taken up then the manager would pull the class. i am sorry but i don't think corpurate will do anything to help as it is store policy. wish you lived close i would teach you:hug:hug

Suzi: Since you're in Columbus area, I can help you with whatever you need. I won't even charge you, like the folks at JoAnn's would! :D Besides, I gotta get a class scheduled to finish up a beginners' lesson for some ladies at church (they've all been dying to learn the granny square!! :lol ). I have email enabled on my profile, so if you want to get together, feel free! :hook Besides, w/ Summer Center starting soon for your dd, you'll have a little more time, won't ya?

Archived