Gift-along

Guest SamplerLady

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep =) There's a heavy rock in the bottom for weight, then papertowels to keep it from rattling, then I put several crystals and some herbs in a linen pouch with the giftee in mind as I did it and placed that inside. The entire thing will be blessed before sending to it's new home. I'll include a little note about what items were used and why they were chosen when I send it.

That's what I was thinking of doing with the one I was planning for bff's birthday.

Course I gotta get ahold of some of those containers... I don't know what they are called so I am gonna have to go look so I can see if someone David works with might eat them cuz we don't eat much chips. I hate buying something just for the container (BUT I am not above it! LOL I've done it before!!!!:rotfl )

Oh I have got to get myself in on this one!! I don't want to be scrounging at the last minute - or crocheting at 5 AM Christmas morning like I was this last time lol!

Count me in! Gotta put my list together ... one question tho ... can my list cover birthdays/births/weddings and stuff or is this intended for Christmas "shtuff"?

Guest SamplerLady

mmouseplus.gifThe junk food containers (with junk food inside) were on sale at my local Safeway for $1 each. I got three yesterday and had more than enough help from young people living in the house to get them emptied. They get washed this morning and i'll start working on them soon. Just wondering if I should put one up in the store as part of my Crochet Awareness program! She'd be a nice model for bracelets!

I haven't had much time to decide on what to make for everyone as I'm still making samples for the store like crazy. Finished up a felted bag yesterday (have to go buy handles) and started a diagonal stitch baby blanket sized afghan sample last night in bulky yarn. It's acrylic, but it'd fool me if I didn't have the label in front of me.:D

Guest SamplerLady

mmouseplus.gifKarla, don't be overwhelmed by the lists. Some of us have huge families and still have fresh in our minds what got rave reviews Christmas morning and from whom.

Pattern surfing helps find things for people. As well as everyone sharing what they are making here to spark ideas for everyone else. Make your list, check it twice..... And then make one decision on what to make for someone. Pick up hook and yarn and you're off! :D

giftalong.jpg I made this....however It needs work LOL, I did figure out how to make a button with the software I just downloaded though!!! I think it could use a hook or a "wrapped" present in the upper right hand corner (and probally better colors too :hee )

I can do this since I have allready started.

My sister and it is done.

April my niece

Bridget my niece

Jinnefer my niece

Dad gets a scarf not sure on pattern yarn.

My husband if I can get it done in time. I did get my graft done and I am started.

Couple more scarfs as happies for friends.

I was just playing with the new program i have rebecca, I don't like the button I made much LOL I was just proud to fineally figure out how to do it! :blush

Sherry

I love it too!! I didn't think you were being ugly about it at all, i just didn't want to seem like i was jumping in where i shouldn't thats all!! I LOVE the button!

~~going to update my blog (and signature) again hehe~~

Guest SamplerLady

mmouseplus.gifWow, great buttons, guys! Too cool!

I feel very disorganized these days. Must sit down and figure out a plan for getting all the things done I've decided to do. :D

Okay ... I have part of it written out. I'll have to come back in and edit later, lol. Several of them I know what kind of project I need/want but haven't picked a pattern or yarn yet. I'm going to end up adding as I go, too, I'm sure.

I'm going to be working on the 63 squares through this, too, so we'll have to see how that goes. That one will be for my dad.

January

baby blanket (Elizabeth/Kerstin)

kid blanket (Ryan)

February

filet crochet afghan (wedding gift - Chad & Cilla)

March

afghan, dd (xmas)

afghan (kind??) (Shirley)

April

filet crochet afghan (Elizabeth, birthday)

afghan (???) (Andi, birthday)

May

afghan, ds1 (xmas)

baby blanket (Jenn/Curt)

June

afghan, ds2 (xmas)

kid blanket (xmas - clayton - q hook)

July

something for me!! (my birthday is that month, lol)

kid blanket (Alex, xmas)

August

kid blankets (2 xmas - gregory & abby)

September

afghan ds 3 (xmas)

October

DH - ??????? - red sox blanket/afghan somehow

November & December -

teacher gifts

hats/scarves

exchange gift (family)

gift for dh's boss & his wife

Guest SamplerLady
mmouseplus.gifThree things done now are three less during the holiday stress period! I had to make a pair of mittens up quickly for my GS so his birthday present just got snagged out of my "plan." Have to think up something else, now..... :D

Guest SamplerLady

mmouseplus.gifSo, how's everyone doing? Any updates to your lists of FOs?

I've been sadly neglecting my resolution and really need to make some decisions today on what to start! Ideas anyone???? :D

I picked up some sugar n cream cotton today to start my MIL's gift. I'm making her some kitchen stuff. Just started on a dishcloth, this one and will probably do a couple more in different patterns. I'm going to make a couple of scrubbies out of the scratchiest acrylic I can find in my stash (best way to use it up right??) I'll do a few towels with crocheted toppers and maybe a set of placemats or hotpads. I'll put it all in a basket (maybe even a crocheted one *g* ) and it'll be her bday gift.

I'm thinking I may do up some slippers or socks for some of the people on my list too, since I'm enjoying making socks so much lol.

I promised my best friend's 9 yo daughter a poncho on the phone last night... now I have to come up with something really great for her lol.

Oooh and I have a ton of hair elastics so I may do up some scrunchies while I ride the bus or watch tv at night as gifts too. Quick and easy ;)

Hubby's requested some slippers/socks... but he had to go and be complicated and say he wants some skid proof stuff on bottom so I gotta figure out how to do THAT lol.

Guess that's it for the moment lol though I'm sure more thoughts and ideas will come to me *g*

Slady, you did say you wanted to make the goddess, so that's a decision isn't it? ;)

Hubby's requested some slippers/socks... but he had to go and be complicated and say he wants some skid proof stuff on bottom so I gotta figure out how to do THAT lol.

PUFF PAINT...or teeshirt paint that comes in the little squeeze bottle...it came highly reccomended by a buddy of mine :lol

Archived