Garden Party Shawl

jldozer

I've never posted anything here before so I hope I'm doing this right. I won an auction off of ebay with a leaflet by Spinnerin called Stoles and Shawls and this is a pattern from it. You can tell by the pics that the patterns are old and the yarn called for in the pattern isn't even made anymore nor could I even find any info on it to try to help me with finding another yarn.

Anyway, here's a pic of the shawl (hopefully) along with my dog on the left who wouldn't move out of the pic. I think I've learned resizing and posting so next comes cropping.

EDITED: to remove large photo, see 2 posts down for smaller image.

Very pretty, but the clickable images are opening up just as small. Can't tell you why. Isn't exciting to have something to show and tell. Just wait until you get tons of responses, it almost makes you giddy!

Very pretty, but the clickable images are opening up just as small. Can't tell you why.

They should be fixed now. My mess ups were the reason for the small images when you clicked on them.

Thanks all!!

What a great shawl! What yarn did you use?

Red Heart baby.

I didn't like it working up as it was so scratchy and the stitch groups seemed to be clumped together. BUT after washing it the yarn felt much better and it seems to show the clusters better.

Very pretty!!

I'm glad it washed up nice for you. The sizing they use in yarns can be quite stif and icky some times and hopefuly washes out well and leaves a nice soft yarn.

I love how open and light it is. Very nice work and your pictures show it off well. enjoy!

:cheer Congratulations and great job on your pretty shawl! I really like the stitches.:yay

Archived