63 Squares Crochet Along

Donna

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

woo hooo I have finished! Managed to join it up and do the edge while watching TV tonight. I will take a photo during the week. My colours are a bit wierd but I like it.

Woo Hoo Me Too. i finished on Friday and will post a pic this week. I am on dial up at home and posting pics is a real chore so I will do it from the office.

woo hooo I have finished! Managed to join it up and do the edge while watching TV tonight. I will take a photo during the week. My colours are a bit wierd but I like it.

Here it is! I was so excted to have finished it I gave it its own thread. Thanks for all your support with this one. I did enjoy it.

On the floor:

63finishedpi9.jpg

On the bed:

bedua5.jpg

Now whats this I hear about a 63 MORE blocks book?

Hi all:

I made the 63 Squares quite a few years ago for my grandmother's 85th birthday. When she passed away (3 years ago) my mother gave it back to me.

I have also made the 63 More Squares (all in white---arghh). That one was for my mother.

From what I remember some of the squares were fairly challenging and I have been crocheting for about 30 years.

Good luck to all

:cat

Wow, cupcake, that is gorgeous! Oh my goodness, I love it! I love how you did the mauve main color, but then all of the other colors for the rest... And the lacy edging! Wow. That is really awesome!

Congratulations on finishing :yay and what a beautiful finished product it is :U

Wow, congrats Katherine and Cupcake! Both your afghans are beautiful, and what a sense of accomplishment!.

BTW, Cupcake, there is another book (it has an allwhite afghan on the cover) called 63 More Easy to Crochet Squares. I don't know how they're defining easy, because some of the squares are a little less than easy, but they're all very different from the first book, and together, the two are a great pattern stitch resource.

cupcake, WOW! This is great - I love your colour choices.

I am using a similar purpley shade for mine (up to 29 squares finished now - that's almost halfway, right?!) but I'm not going as adventurous with my colours.

Hi all:

I made the 63 Squares quite a few years ago for my grandmother's 85th birthday. When she passed away (3 years ago) my mother gave it back to me.

I have also made the 63 More Squares (all in white---arghh). That one was for my mother.

From what I remember some of the squares were fairly challenging and I have been crocheting for about 30 years.

Good luck to all

:cat

I cant get the books here. I might be cheeky enough to add it to my wish list. :D If it hadnt of been for the forum I would have never known these books existed. I really enjoyed making this, and I agree some of the squares aren't that easy!

Cupcake, those afghans are just beautiful:cheer You do such a great job on them. I have a few squares done but I was trying to get some other things out of the way that I have a time limit on. Great pictures:clap :clap :clap

I would like to try this but I just ordered the book and wont have it for awhile. How do you do this?

Karen C.

Hi Karen. Welcome!

What did you mean by "how do you do this?" The afghan, the CAL?

Glad your book arrived! :)

Hi Clocke,

I meant that I couldnt wait to try doing a CAL, Ive never done one before. I noticed that you had a quote from the Steve Miller Band-guess what? The hubby and I are going to see him in concert at the end of this month. We are sooo excited. Have a wonderful day.

Karen C.

Oooh Karen, that's so cool that you and hubby are going to their concert! I wish they'd come this way.

So have you chosen your colors for the 63-sq yet??

Thats a good question....oh what colors to pick. I think that is actually the hardest part. I was thinking off white, burgandy and forest green...Maybe. I will have to give it more thought. I will let you know if Steve Miller is as good as they use to be. lol

Archived