63 Squares Crochet Along

Donna

Of course I am. Just not sure what yet. I am making her some snowflakes and bookmarks for Christmas, but I am making all my family members that. I want to make her some doilies for her end tables too. She used to crochet and my mom did as well so she's got tons of pot holders and afghans and stuff, so trying to be real creative. I'll probably make this www.freepatterns.com/fp_pdfs/2003/02_03_pinkpinafore.pdf ***PDF FILE*** soap dress for her as well. I was telling her about it and she thought it was a very neat idea. She just thinks she's too old to get gifts, so of course since I get my stubborness from her I intend to make her lots of stuff =)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, she didn't have any thread, it was all yarn. Mostly neutral colors...white, beige, yellow, cream...It's not a whole lot, I could make like a sweater or shawl or wrap out of the white and then trim it in the beige. The yellow is very bright yellow, but there isn't a lot of it. It looks like it's all leftovers from other stuff she made. Hrm, could even make like a white pillow, trimmed in beige with yellow flowers! She loves pillows, puts them everywhere.

The pinafore and doilies are just things that I've been wanting to make for as long as I can remember, and I know she'd love them too =)

Thank you for adding me to the list =)

I had to frog and skip Square 33 last night...I don't know what is wrong with me (or it), but for some reason it was just looking AWFUL. This is the third time that I had started it and had to take it apart, so I figured that instead of getting discouraged, I should just move on to the next square and stay motivated. This seemed to work when I had to skip #6, and when I went back to it a while ago, it worked up really fast and easy.

I'm terrified to put any of these crocheted things in the washing machine; I've worked so hard on them that if they fell apart, I might just fall apart myself. The Caron yarn says it can go in the washer/dryer, so I'll give it a shot. Of course, I'm only about two feet into the afghan at this point, so this is all WAY in the future, what with the fact that I'm the slowest crocheter EVER.

Yeah, that's the best thing to do, skip it and move on. I haven't gotten to #33 yet, but now I'm curious so I'm going to check it out. I'm glad #6 worked out for you when you came back to it. :))

Okay, I'm back again... starting the crochet-a-long for the 2nd time.

I've decided to use different colors. I'm so indecisive! :th

Anyways, I have lots of different skeins of Caron Simply Soft and decided to use those up and border them in black, since I have 4 skeins of that color.

Can't wait to finish a couple so I can post the pics!

gotta go crochet :knit

Guest knuckles145

#6 took me FOREVER to work my dyslexic brain around the pattern, but once I figured it out, I LOVE that stitch now.

I haven't tried #33 yet (I've been skipping all over the book, doing the squares with the smallest's amount of instructions). I made the mistake of asking the kids to pick out the next square for me to work on and they chose #19. Man....each row is a different stitch combination and I'll going crosseyed tried to read and remember it all

Guest knuckles145

I have about 30 squares finished and have a feeling I'm going to "wimp out" soon and never go back to finish up those more complicated ones, just make a smaller afghan. (its probably not going to be that much smaller since my squares tend to be 9x9 instead of 7x7)

Silly me didn't number the squares as I was making them, so had to go back and attempt to figure out which square belonged to which pattern. :rolleyes

Firemanshunny

( Sorry I don't know your real name )

That sounds almost like the colors I chose . Light blue, country blue, and aran .

Glad to hear there are others out there just getting started . I keep putting other projects in front of this one, but maybe with some new people getting started , I'll get my rear in gear !

Julie k:zzz

I'd like to jump in, do you have room for one more? I've actually had the book for many years (my mom bought it for me when I was in high school) but it's been packed away in one of the boxes of "stuff" from my parents' house - when I saw it the other day, I took it as a sign that I'm supposed to join in here. ;)

I need to finish another project first ... and get some yarn ... but I'd like to give this a go!

Guest knuckles145

I was originally aiming of a Nov 1st birthday gift......but that isn't going to happen :)

so yeah, now I'm aiming for christmas gift. I keep changing my mind about who it is going to though :)

Mine is also going to be a Christmas gift...the colors I chose match her purple velvet couch almost exactly. And, pray tell, what is cooler than a purple velvet couch? I wish that I could have one, but my husband balked at the thought of purple, much less of velvet.

I finished the Diagonal Popcorn last night, after throwing another layer of paint on the walls in our nursery, and my hand is all cramped up now. Mental note: don't paint an entire room and THEN try to crochet. It's a bad combination.

I'm still waiting on my yarn to arrive. I ordered it last week online from Joann's, should be here some time this week. I am going to keep it for myself cause I really, really, really need something for the back of my couch. It will probably take me a long time to finish it too since I am making little goody baskets of crocheted and baked goods for all 8 of my immediate family's, families (Hope that makes sense!)

Archived