Gift ideas for 15 crochet/knitting club girls

Hi everyone:

This year at my daughters' elementary school, I have been hosting a crochet/knitting club at lunchtime. As it's now June, the club will be wrapping up for the 2006/2007 school year and I'd like to give each girl a little "gift".

Problem is, money's tight and I'm coming up short on ideas. Ideas that are knitting/crochet related would be ideal. Our last date will be this Wednesday, June 6th.

If anyone can help me brainstorm some ideas, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Cheryl.

WalMart has these really cute pencil cases. They are kinda oblong shaped and would be great for needle and scissor storage. They come in bright pink, blue, and green colors and sell for .50 a piece! :clap

Do you have any kind of dollar stores near you? You could probably get something in one of them.

How about scrunchies that they could crochet around themselves of those rubberband type hair holders. Headbands are also used to crochet around I think. Maybe a skein yarn each from your stash so they could make things over the summer. An invite for them to all come to your house say in July or August for a cookout and crocheting time. If you have a JoAnn's or something close by that has the freebie patterns in the yarn department, you might find some easy enough for them. Maybe print off some simple free patterns from the internet for them. If you have time and can crochet quick how about a bookmark or little drawstring bag to keep their hooks in. Some kind of container to keep their yarn and hooks and other supplies in - small plastic box or pencil case like suggested. How about crocheting them each a square so they can start their own friendship ghans.

You can always make them a set or two of knitting needles using bamboo skewers and polymer clay...thing is, this can take a little time. I have a tutorial on my blog in Aug. 2006. Feel free to check it out and read up on it. :)

How about some of those cloth covered "journal" books with blank pages (like a diary) that Dollar General or Dollar Stores sell. The students could use these to record what they did either "crafting-wise" or just life over the Summer. They could put swatches of fabric, appliques, foam letters/numbers or tons of other bits and bobs on the cover to make it special.

Archived