Opinions Please!!

I have finished my Doily Swap doily:cheer and am ready to start something NEW!!! I want to make a white doily and then make the roses "beige" what do you think???:think Here is the pattern http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/WildRoseDoily.html

Or one similar....I am going to paint my family room beige with white trim....and want to make a doily to go in there.....If I do that can I put in a bright green also? :eek

Opinions please and be honest......also has anyone done this???

vonnie - I have to be honest with you - i don't think beige is the best color for roses. Maybe a muted shade of dusty pink or peach - anything but beige. I could be completely wrong and it'll probably look gorgeous, but I just can't picture it.

vonnie - I have to be honest with you - i don't think beige is the best color for roses. Maybe a muted shade of dusty pink or peach - anything but beige. I could be completely wrong and it'll probably look gorgeous, but I just can't picture it.

I agree i would not choose beige for the roses either i would use a softer tone like peach or maybe a pale yellow even i think a green would be ok for a trim color or a highlight color

If you are going to have beige and white walls, a beige and white doily might look nice in the room, but...I have to admit, I don't think that's the best pattern for it. If you are really set on the idea, why not work up one of the roses in beige and see if you like it?

Or...if you can't find a good color of dusty pink...you could try holding two size 20 strands together for the roses (maybe pink and beige, or yellow and beige). That way, you'd get a beige "tint" but still have some color in your roses...which I don't think will be at their best in all beige, either.

But I could be wrong. Make one and see?

One more thought...bothersome, but possible...do the rose in beige, but do the last row or two of each petal with color to add color to them. You might even be able to get away with using white for that, so the doily would still be beige and white.

I'm gonna buck the trend here, I think the white/ecru would be great...maybe in reverse, instead of beige or ecru rose, make the main part of the doily ecru and the roses white...what the heck, play around and experience and see how YOU like the look...

Archived