Recycled Grocery Tote Bag

RecycleCindy

grocerytote.jpg

Here is a handy eco-friendly grocery bag that I crocheted out of brown plastic bags. I made it with a wide sling strap so you can carry heavier stuff in it without the strap cutting into your shoulder. It has an expandable bottom so it’s roomy and should make a great market bag.

grocerytoteoutside.thumbnail.jpg

Closeup of expandable bottom

Here is the link to the free pattern. You could make it from other materials if you’d rather. Give it a try and let me know how you like it!

I am a BIG fan of the plarn bag I made from one of your other patterns. Hooray for the grocery tote!

Go :earth ~ Joy

Joy,

Thank you for your kind comments. I love the word plarn (plastic bag yarn for those who haven't see the term.) We need to have it added to the official dictionary of craft terms. I wonder how we do that?? :think

I am a BIG fan of the plarn bag I made from one of your other patterns. Hooray for the grocery tote!

Go :earth ~ Joy

Heehee plarn... okay, so even though I've used it, it took me a minute to figure out the term. Now I'm going to use it all the time just because it's a funny-sounding word lol. :lol

PS LOVE the grocery bag!! :manyheart

Archived