string bag

charitas32

I was inspired by the thread on shopping bags to complete an old ufo, i stopped doing this bag cause i didn't like the handles i was using. I replaced the handles with a drawstring woven in and out of the top row of fishnet stitch and added a pocket on the inside to keep keys in that buttons to the outside and can be used to fold the bag up into. This is not really a space saving option as i used dishcloth cotton and it doesn't get that small. I made the drawstring by crocheting a chain and the crocheting a chain out of that. Next time i try this i will make the bottom bigger and try a different yarn.

509868116_21538d04ac_m.jpg

Great bag! What size is it?

It measures 11 inches by 9 with nothing in it , i put one less stictch in each chain on the last two rounds to get the curved shape on the bottom is just a circle worked in dc.

I put a pocket in it in hdc for keys but haven't lined it as its to replace supermarket bags, it folds int its inside pocket so it can go in my regular bag. I'm good at taking my rucksack to the supermarket but pants at having remembering to take a bag out in case.

Archived