No sewing, under 10 bucks!-purse

TracyB

It's pretty much my own pattern (inspired by purse shapes I have seen) but I figured out how to do it all in one piece. The straps and finishing usually are the most annoying part of a purse for me, so I wanted to do one that would get rid of that problem. I haven't finished writing out the pattern, but plan to do it this weekend!

Very cute! And don't worry, I don't know if sewing on a button really counts as actual "sewing"! :P
Yep, that's called embellishement, not sewing! ;) Nice shape. I hope you will share your design with us. Thanks!!

Wow - definitely similar. Great minds think alike? Mine started from a knitted pattern I love with the pie piece shaping. I like the high sides and that the strap doesn't have to be really long to be comfortable. I'll be glad to share my version!

Well, now I feel less original! After looking at the bag link above, I started googling different terms. There's a free pattern for a crescent-shaped crochet purse that even uses post stitches on one of the yarn websites. Oh well, I still like my construction, which is increasing on the front side, round and round for the gusset and strap and decreasing on the back side without having to really count stitches along the way. I guess the important thing is too feel good about what you make!

That's the one I found last night...would have saved me a lot of time if I'd seen it before. I do think mine's simpler, just because of the lack of finishing! I've got to proofread my pattern tonight and I'll probably post it over the weekend. I also have a picture of one I did in Noro Kureyon that I love, but it isn't under $10!

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/tlbyarnstuff/Crochet/Noro_OnePiece.jpg

Archived