How many of the members are male?

Are you?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Are you?

• Male?
    • A crocheter?
    • Married?

I can not, nor wish to Crochet. I (the enabler) like to watch Mary Jo (Tampa Doll) make things. I find it amazing that she takes some colored string and makes fun and beautiful crafts.

Over the years it’s been many different hobbies beside her reading (she must have 500 books) a variety of crafts, Knitting, Bead Art, Hook Rugs, Crewel work, Cross Stitch, Embroidery, and for the last 15 years Crocheting. She sits there hour after hour just happily crocheting and her being happy is my joy in life.

So I help where I can, color suggestion, sometimes what Doll or Toy patterns looks best.

She just beams when someone comes into the house and sees all she has done and comments about its beauty.

I enjoy taking the photos of her work and helping her post them in her photo areas for all to see. As I think she is most talented and I like to brag about it. lol

How sweet you are. Tampa Doll is one lucky lady.....

Guess you are the only male on here.....

Actually, we have a number of different male members who crochet. They may or may not choose to identify themselves, though. :)

Tampa Guy...thats the best!!!:clap My DH...actually...Live in BF of 13 years...loves my crochet...and wishes I'd make something for him....but I don't think he'd take the leap to joining the 'ville...why should he...he can stand over my shoulder!!!:lol

I know of about 3 guys that crochet on the 'ville.

Now maybe if DH would stop standing over my shoulder...I would be able surprise him with that afghan he keeps asking for!!!!:manyheart

I can not, nor wish to Crochet. I (the enabler) like to watch Mary Jo (Tampa Doll) make things. I find it amazing that she takes some colored string and makes fun and beautiful crafts.

Over the years it’s been many different hobbies beside her reading (she must have 500 books) a variety of crafts, Knitting, Bead Art, Hook Rugs, Crewel work, Cross Stitch, Embroidery, and for the last 15 years Crocheting. She sits there hour after hour just happily crocheting and her being happy is my joy in life.

So I help where I can, color suggestion, sometimes what Doll or Toy patterns looks best.

She just beams when someone comes into the house and sees all she has done and comments about its beauty.

I enjoy taking the photos of her work and helping her post them in her photo areas for all to see. As I think she is most talented and I like to brag about it. lol

That is sooo sweet, how lucky she is. :manyheart My Hubby is supportive & helps with decisions but I highly doubt he brags or even mentions my craft to others. :yarn

• 1 month later...

I'm male and I do crochet. Not married, though. :P

Sometimes I simply need something to do, working with my hands rather than my head (though crocheting involves both head and hands). And it has to be something I can work on while watching TV, so it has to be small.

I used to try to knit but I never got a hang of it. I finished a few scarfs, kept two, gave some away but knitting scarfs gets boring after a while. After that I tried to knit socks. They turned out quite well but I didn't get a hang of the sizes...

I didn't do any craft for quite a while and was very involved in my job and my other hobbies. But than one of my workmates found an amigurumi artist and I liked what she did/does. After some time I had to try producing these cute things myself. Don't know how long it will keep me hooked but as long as it does, I'll enjoy it. ;)

Ok ok i admit it... i'm a guy. And i don't crochet unless you count the "Pringles" tm brand snack chip cozy i did and published a pattern for way back on April fools day.

Oh and yes i'm married, going on 40 years to a knockout babe who somehow has tolorated me all these years.

I'm Jimbo and i make hooks.

I'm male, married and I crochet.

I actually learned from my grandmother when I was around 10 years old (I'm 65 now).

I started crocheting in earnest when, about 25 years ago I began having dreams of work. I was a computer analyst, and needed a HOBBY! Coincidentally, my wife had just brought home a granny square someone at her work had given her. I said "I can do that!" We went out the next day, got a "I taught myself to crochet" book and started crocheting. She soon lost interest, but I kept at it, sometimes less frequently than others.

Now that I'm retired, with a new granddaughter, I find myself crocheting more and more.

I have the support of all my family, even when I crochet in public.

Archived