ever wonder why?

do u ever wonder why SS does not make their yarns in variagated? i love the texture of this yarn for afghans, but i just like to stray from all the solids (i like to mix and match)...tried using RH variagated with SS solids and the piece just doesn't want to lay flat or cooperate or whatever! :think

It's not as soft, but its still better than red heart. that stuff is like steel wool. :( I have really sensitive skin, and the variegated didnt bother me very much. it works up pretty nicely too.

It's interesting how some things can be perceived so differently by different people. The first project I made in 10 years was an afghan made with Caron's Embroidery vareigated. I loved the yarn. And although it does not feel as soft as their regular SS, I enjoyed working with it.

Then I made a small project using some rayon cord. That was not fun.

Then I made two more afghans out of RH. Yikes! I was afraid my fingers were going to be rubbed raw! I will use up what I have on hand of that stuff (still quite a bit), and never buy anymore if I can help it.

Now I am working on a baby afghan using Caron's Baby Brights Ombre, and it feels so soft to me. I love it!

I've also got a bunch of TLC I will be using for an upcoming project, and it feels pretty nice, too.

I've noticed that since they've changed the skein wrapper on the Ebroidery Print, that the yarn isn't quite as soft and not really the same quality in color either. I'd made an afghan with it several years ago and wanted to make another one recently. It's kind of orangey now rather than red.

Somewhere (boxed up inthe store room) I have some of the black and the blue variegated (I forget the names). Enough to make a sweater or small afghan out of each (I hope). I wish they were still available ...

Archived