Kitties in a row CAL

Grammie Essa

Hi All!!

I have never started one of these before, so forgive me if this one has already started, or if I am doing it wrong.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a CAL with the Kitties in a row afghan pattern from www.bevscountrycottage.com ?? It is a really cute pattern!!! You can also find it by typing in Kitties in a row under the Search button on top of the message board. (I am not very computer savvy, or I could direct you better to it!)

Anyway, I have about three baby afghans I want to make and started my first one with this pattern. I love it so much, I want to do them all like this and just change the colors. The first one will be for a girl and I am making it in brown and baby pink, since those two color combinations seem to be popular now. The yarn I am using is Red Heart TLC powder pink and taupe. She will have a twin brother, (they are due in August/September), so his will be made with the same shade of brown(taupe) but with baby blue where the baby pink color is in his sister's blankee. For the baby blue, I am using Hobby Lobby's I love this yarn! soft blue. This yarn feels really soft and is only $1.99 per skein. The third one I plan on making is for a boy, and he will be born in September. I will be using the I love this Yarn! in royal blue and the TLC taupe. She said her baby bed has colors of denim and tan or Khaki, so I thought this might be a good color combination for her and her new baby.

The pattern suggests using three colors, but I am just using two on these. I might venture out and make a few more using three color combinations. Maybe I will make some for granddaughters christmas presents, and maybe for other young relatives for christmas! I just love the pattern. It has bobbles in it, this stitch is for the kitties paws. I never have made this stitch before, so it is new for me, and it is a fun one!! Anyway, let me know if anyone wants to join in!!! and happy kitties to you!!:cat

Here's the linkhttp://www.bevscountrycottage.com/kitsinrow.html

When you want to post a link just copy the link, click on the little world with a chain and paste the link in there... it took me forever to figure it out!:D

http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/justforfun/solitaire.shtml

Okay, this was my practice copy and paste a website!! I think I did it!! Anyway, I just love "The Office" and thought I would share this site!!!!

Thanks again for the directions to post a website, hopefully I will remember how I did this one!!!:clap

Kitties in a Row Afghan!! It is soooo sweet~~

So far there are no takers. Hopefully someone will want to join me. You can pm me if you find this someday and are interested. I plan on making about 5 of these in the next few months. Let me know if the kitties take ahold of you too!!!:yes

I plan on doing that one eventually, but am doing a baby one from Bernat and a heart one for my mum, then a round ripple. :) HA!! This one is on my to-do list.

I am not planning to do this CAL but I was looking forward to seeing the colours that people used for the pattern.

I love this and would join if I weren't completely bogged down in WIPs already.

Will follow and see what happens.

I would encourage others to make this as it is really easy once you get going.

This CAL looks so cute to do. Same as darksi, I have so many WIPs that need to be done. I will follow up on this thread too. I might try a scarf or a bag with this pattern. So I can use up my scrap yarns. I will post when I am ready to do this CAL.

Thanks for your replys!! And suggestions. I will join the CAL Selena mentioned. I will try to get a friend to take a picture of the ones I make and put them on the board. It would be neat to use the Kitties in a Row pattern for other things too, like bags, or even dish clothes:yes . The pattern is really great. I just love the concept of putting stitches together and they create animals or other shapes that end up really being something!! If any of you know of other patterns like this one, let me know. Thanks again for the ideas!! :manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

I made this one years ago. My sister really loves it. You can see it here.

Her,

Thanks for the picture!!! It is really pretty!! It helps to see it all made up like that. Right now, I am just using two colors. I finished one with brown and pink yarn for a baby girl, and now I am working on her twin brother's which will be brown and baby blue. Next, I think I am going to use black, white, and grey (probably just for me :) ....then make a couple for my granddaughters using probably pinks and purples and white, and maybe for the other one using orange, yellow and white....This is what I do, once I figure out how to make something from a pattern, I have to make more and more and more, just in case I forget how to do it!! In a year, I will probably be ready for be obsessed over a different crochet pattern, I hope anyway!!!! :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook :hook

Archived