Tank Top CAL?

Aineepooh1

Ohhhh, I love this pattern! I've never done a CAL as I'm a newbie, but I'd love to try this. I'm dying to try my first wearable. I read the pattern and think I could do this. Not sure if I can find the yarn..., but I'll see. Anyone have any ideas of what would be a comparable yarn (maybe in a Bernat)?

:)

No luck finding the yarn for this yet. The store I went to today didn't have RH LusterSheen. I would assume any fine sport weight yarn would do, but all I could find in that weight was baby yarn.:think So, I'm not able to start until I find something that will work. If anyone else has started the crochet magazine pattern and is using something beside the RH I'd be happy to hear what you are using.

Thanks!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay Nichole. Now that I'm looking at the right pattern...

"crochet 46-48-50 dc along the lower edge.(I'M RIGHT HERE AND STUCK) Now crochet, very loosely, 41-51-61 ch and turn the piece. Crochet 1 tr in the 4th ch from the hook and then 1 tr in each of the remaining 83-95-107 ch/dc = 85-97-109 tr, turn the piece.

Once you do you dc across the bottom edge, instead of tuning or finishing just keep going by chaining the amount for your size. This is going to be the back.

After reading through the pattern it looks like there is a split under one arm and you'll put buttons on later. Then the piece ends up being crocheted in the round.

Let me know if this helps. It would have been nice for the diagram to have shown this!

Sheryl

thanks, you're a dear! i believe that i have it figured out. i stopped doing it yesterday just to clear my head, otherwise, you know what happens! i was actually looking in another cal and someone else had done this exact tank, so i looked at her finished project and i believe that i am doing it correctly now. thank you tho.

I need a lot of tank tops for summer as it will become so hot in south california. It will be a good challenge to make some for a change. However, I need to finish up some projects. I will keep an eye on this thread for a bit. Keep up the good job!

Oooh, I may join you guys!! I love that Berocco pattern, how pretty is that!?! But..I have to find an alternate yarn for that pattern, as the suede is kinda out of my price range, but lovely yarn all the same. :yarn

Maybe I'll get some of Aunt Lydias new yarn lines? Any other suggestions?

-Amy :hook

I'm doing the one Shadow posted from crochet magazine. I have the back done but am changing the front a bit. and I think I am going to add sleeves. It is working up great and is a very easy pattern.

Oooh, I may join you guys!! I love that Berocco pattern, how pretty is that!?! But..I have to find an alternate yarn for that pattern, as the suede is kinda out of my price range, but lovely yarn all the same. :yarn

Maybe I'll get some of Aunt Lydias new yarn lines? Any other suggestions?

hey when you figure out what you are gonna use, lemme know because I reeeeally wanted to do that, but can't afford suede either. i coudn't find anything as thick as the suede but light enough for a summer tank.

hey guys! i finished my tank top!!!!! i had to make a bunch of adjustments and stuff, but it was a breeze. real easy. it looks great. i'll put some pics up tonight.

i have a couple more patterns that i want to do. they're out of magazines though. one is crochet today and the other is crochet world? not sure. i'll look. how are you all coming along?

Wow, that was fast Nichole!!! What kind of yarn did you use?? I can't wait to see the pics!! No..still haven't found a yarn to use myself, lol! I was thinking Ticker Tape, as I stocked up on it yesterday. Do you think that may be too thick for this pattern?

Wow, that was fast Nichole!!! What kind of yarn did you use?? I can't wait to see the pics!! No..still haven't found a yarn to use myself, lol! I was thinking Ticker Tape, as I stocked up on it yesterday. Do you think that may be too thick for this pattern?

-Amy

:hook

I used Caron Simply Soft, because it is my favorite.

I have never actually used Ticker Tape...

No luck finding the yarn for this yet. The store I went to today didn't have RH LusterSheen. I would assume any fine sport weight yarn would do, but all I could find in that weight was baby yarn.:think So, I'm not able to start until I find something that will work. If anyone else has started the crochet magazine pattern and is using something beside the RH I'd be happy to hear what you are using.

Thanks!

Are you doing the one I posted? I am using Aunt Lydia's Denim quick Crochet in plum. I originally started out splitting the yarn and rollin 1/2 and knitting the other half but it is too hard to do. :badidea So I am starting all over and using the full thickness of yarn. UGGGGG! :angry:scared:sweat I also am having make this pattern one size bigger than it is so that was adding to my frustration! I will make this! I will make this!!

I might have to join this CAL. I'm in the process of making a cover-up kind of tank. It's a pattern from The Family Circle Easy Crochet Magazine. Here's what I have so far

rose_shirt.jpg

rose_shirt_close.jpg

I'm still trying to work out the straps and I started knitting a cord to tie it in the back.

Maybe this will get me motivated to finish it!

I might have to join this CAL. I'm in the process of making a cover-up kind of tank. It's a pattern from The Family Circle Easy Crochet Magazine. Here's what I have so far

I'm still trying to work out the straps and I started knitting a cord to tie it in the back.

Maybe this will get me motivated to finish it!

is that the tank top that is yellowish gold (in the magazine)? i wanted to make that for this cal, but i wasn't sure what color it would look pretty in or what color i would wear. the pink looks great, tho! i love pink. i might do mine in a brick or coral red, if i can find that yarn.

Are you doing the one I posted? I am using Aunt Lydia's Denim quick Crochet in plum. I originally started out splitting the yarn and rollin 1/2 and knitting the other half but it is too hard to do. :badidea So I am starting all over and using the full thickness of yarn. UGGGGG! :angry:scared:sweat I also am having make this pattern one size bigger than it is so that was adding to my frustration! I will make this! I will make this!!

I wasn't able to find the LusterSheen, so I just picked a yarn I liked (it has a bit of sheen to it) and I'm going for it. So far so good. It is a nice pattern.

i'm going to start the pink tank top that's in SnB soon if this cal is still open...

It's open! come on in!! I just started over on mine tonight so we will be working together!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering how everyone is doing. I have completed the front and back of the Mango Mesh Pullover (except mine is Iris). Looking forward to putting it together and doing the finishing touches!

Just wondering how everyone is doing. I have completed the front and back of the Mango Mesh Pullover (except mine is Iris). Looking forward to putting it together and doing the finishing touches!

How did your sizing come out? I made a large and it is huge!! I'm not sure if I can save it or not. I really like the pattern and it was super easy. Can't wait to see yours.

How did your sizing come out? I made a large and it is huge!! I'm not sure if I can save it or not. I really like the pattern and it was super easy. Can't wait to see yours.

That is too bad, tigermom. Hopefully you can save it or find someone who can wear it. I read on other threads that the sizing came out huge, so you are not alone.

I used a thicker yarn and a bigger hook than the pattern called for. I did a hybrid of the M and the L (L for the middle panel and M for the sides) and I adjusted the sizing of the neck line to make it smaller (had to rip out a whole side to fix that). So, all of that done, I sewed it together today and it fits (Yay!). I am working on the finishing touches around the arms, neck, etc. and hope to post pictures in the next few days.

It is a nice pattern. I am really enjoying making it.

I did it! I finished my Mango Mesh Pullover. It fits pretty well, a tiny bit big, but definitely wearable. This is my first wearable and I am pretty proud (and already thinking what to make next!).

I used Patons Katrina, which is a very stretchy rayon/poly yarn with a bit of sheen to it, in Iris. I used a 4.5 mm hook. It is a bit chunkier than the pattern. This pattern works up very nicely and has lots of nice little details that made it fun to do.

I'm wearing a black camisole under it. Would love to find a purple one. What do you think?

Here are the pics:

IM000798.jpg

IM000799.jpg

Wow colleen that looks great!! I haven't gotten any farther than when you and I last talked...working a lot lately. I will definately make the back higher around the neck and add short sleeves. I will also use a tighter stitch for the back and front like I originally thought. Hope mine comes out decent like yours.

Colleen, that is beautiful!! I'll have to sew mine together and see actually how big it is. I did mine with a split down the front so it's like a vest not a tank. You did a great job on it and I LOVE purple.

Colleen! Wow! That is right gorgeous! Where did you get that pattern?

Shadow posted the pattern on post 11. Here's the link

http://www.crochetmagazine.com/freep...ails.php?id=37

I do recommend you do a search on the ville for "Mango Mesh Pullover" and read through threads with out people's experiences. There are some sizing challenges, but if you are aware of them you can work around it.

Thank you everyone for your compliments!

Archived