Tank Top CAL?

Aineepooh1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a newbie here and I just wondered is there anyone here doing a T-Top CAL?

Just wondered since it's getting warmer all the time~:manyheart

Did you have a particular pattern in mind? I don't know if Ive got one in my collection.:think

Sheryl

i can't ever find a really cute tank top pattern. but i came across this the other day. very sexy.

http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/celia/celia.html

what do you think?

Very cute indeed! I don't know that I could wear something like that at my age(or shape!). Our almost 15 yo DD would love it! I'm going up to the big city next week where there is a JoAnne SuperStore:devil :devil :devil .

Sheryl

Guys these are all beautiful, sexy patterns BUT~ I wear an XL and I don't think ANY of them will fit me~

I have been looking at crochetpatterncentral.com and I am definitely a newbie crocheter so I need a simple/easy pattern. Do any of you more experienced crocheters have an idea.... and one that I can WEAR~!

BTW: I love all you guys patterns so far they are awesome ~!

I am thinking of joining but I am a 1x or 2x. I need something with sleeves. I will be adapting this top to have short sleeves and to fit a 48 bust.

http://www.crochetmagazine.com/freepatterndetails.php?id=37

Isn't this cute?

That is cute! How are you going to adapt the pattern? I have a friend I want to make a top for, but she is round in the belly and has a 40 inch bust. I am not sure I could do this without help!!

I definately want to join in on this one...but it may take a bit before I can get the yarn and figure out how to get the pattern to fit me...I'm a 44 in the bust and a 36 in the waist. I really like a lot of the patterns at garnstudio.com

ETA: I think I'm going to use this pattern

wow!!! i think i am going to drop what i am doing and do that! wow! how beautiful. the pattern seemed a little wierd. what is a dtr? double treble? are you going to do this one because i might need a bit o' help. but i will do this one!!!! (and probably the other one too, can't have too many tank tops)

I am thinking of joining but I am a 1x or 2x. I need something with sleeves. I will be adapting this top to have short sleeves and to fit a 48 bust.

Isn't this cute?

Ohhhh, I love this pattern! I've never done a CAL as I'm a newbie, but I'd love to try this. I'm dying to try my first wearable. I read the pattern and think I could do this. Not sure if I can find the yarn..., but I'll see. Anyone have any ideas of what would be a comparable yarn (maybe in a Bernat)?

:)

There's a cute one in Stitch n Bitch on page 174. I think I can wear that one. It's not too wild for this old woman!:cheer

I need to go get some sport weight yarn. All I have in that weight is baby colors.

I should be able to start around April 24 or so.

Sheryl

YES~ I have SNB and I like that one.. I also like Lilly Sugar n cream. crochet summer top.. it goes to an XL but no sleeeves and 421/2 in bust BUT it's classified as a beginner pattern

BTW: I like SNB pattern too: I lent my book to my SIL tonight ( so she can look at how to crochet) I taught her the ch, and sc tonight. .. BUT I think this pattern goes up to a 2X... I will recheck this tomorrow when I retrieve my book,, I also like CUPCAKE in SNB that has cap (short) sleeves it's a cutie too..

I :manyheart :manyheart the idea of CAL but PLEASE let me make it know RIGHT NOW I am NOT an experience crocheter ( less than 2 months) and I will definitely be needing/and asking for you more experienced knitters help~!! If that is ok with you guy.. I would love to participate but I just want to be fair to everyone since I started this thread.. that I AM MOST DEFINITELY A NEWBIE CROCHETER~:(

Isn't this cute?

Oh, just what I've been looking for.... Count me in!!! I started this last night. So far it's a very easy pattern. Shadow, how did you find this free pattern? When you go to the site and click on free patterns, this one doesn't come up! You guys are amazing, finding all these great patterns... thanks......

so i have decided and already started on the drop design tank top. it's so beautiful, the colors and all, but i am going to do it in just plain black. i dont think that you can have too many black tops. i would love to do the berroco celia tank, but i can't spend 40 bucks on suede yarn!!! ugh, but i will someday when i can afford to. i absolutely ADORE that cupcake top in SNB. Maybe i will do that next. I have plenty of stash to go with that. it's a very timeless piece. you could wear it with anything!!!

okay, well, i am almost done with the bikini top part of my tank, hope everyone is having fun. will check in later.

Okay, well I am totally stuck on my tank top. It's really confusing because its in British terms...I think. I have the two cups done and assembled together, but if somebody could help me with the next part, that would be great.

Assembly: Place the 2 bikini pieces as shown in chart 1. Crochet 1 row of dc round the bikini-top to make an even edge holding the two bikini pieces together. NB! Begin at the side of one piece, crochet all upper edges and finish with the lower edge – crochet approx 1 dc in each stitch and 2 dc in each row, and crochet 46-48-50 dc along the lower edge.(I'M RIGHT HERE AND STUCK) Now crochet, very loosely, 41-51-61 ch and turn the piece. Crochet 1 tr in the 4th ch from the hook and then 1 tr in each of the remaining 83-95-107 ch/dc = 85-97-109 tr, turn the piece.

so....am i supposed to crochet that 51 ch from the side of the piece or the top of the cup? it would make sense to chain 51 from the side right? ughhh!!! i hate getting stuck! and what is NB! ?

I am pretty sure the dc is across the bottom of the cups (above the part that goes over your tummy.

The long chain will be the back and it sound like you' just continue around the rest of the way. I haven't looked at the pattern but I assume you'll be working the rest of the top in a tube.

Sheryl

PS I 'll look at the pattern and let you know if I am wrong.

Okay, well I am totally stuck on my tank top. It's really confusing because its in British terms...I think. I have the two cups done and assembled together, but if somebody could help me with the next part, that would be great.

Assembly: Place the 2 bikini pieces as shown in chart 1. Crochet 1 row of dc round the bikini-top to make an even edge holding the two bikini pieces together. NB! Begin at the side of one piece, crochet all upper edges and finish with the lower edge – crochet approx 1 dc in each stitch and 2 dc in each row, and crochet 46-48-50 dc along the lower edge.(I'M RIGHT HERE AND STUCK) Now crochet, very loosely, 41-51-61 ch and turn the piece. Crochet 1 tr in the 4th ch from the hook and then 1 tr in each of the remaining 83-95-107 ch/dc = 85-97-109 tr, turn the piece.

so....am i supposed to crochet that 51 ch from the side of the piece or the top of the cup? it would make sense to chain 51 from the side right? ughhh!!! i hate getting stuck! and what is NB! ?

Okay Nichole. Now that I'm looking at the right pattern...

"crochet 46-48-50 dc along the lower edge.(I'M RIGHT HERE AND STUCK) Now crochet, very loosely, 41-51-61 ch and turn the piece. Crochet 1 tr in the 4th ch from the hook and then 1 tr in each of the remaining 83-95-107 ch/dc = 85-97-109 tr, turn the piece.

Once you do you dc across the bottom edge, instead of tuning or finishing just keep going by chaining the amount for your size. This is going to be the back.

After reading through the pattern it looks like there is a split under one arm and you'll put buttons on later. Then the piece ends up being crocheted in the round.

Let me know if this helps. It would have been nice for the diagram to have shown this!

Sheryl

Archived