Tank Top CAL?

Aineepooh1

Wow colleen that looks great!! I haven't gotten any farther than when you and I last talked...working a lot lately. I will definately make the back higher around the neck and add short sleeves. I will also use a tighter stitch for the back and front like I originally thought. Hope mine comes out decent like yours.

Thanks! And thanks for the odd push and for posting the pattern. Keep me posted on your progress.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sweet. thanks a ton. i'll put that on my to do list.

Shadow posted the pattern on post 11. Here's the link

http://www.crochetmagazine.com/freep...ails.php?id=37

I do recommend you do a search on the ville for "Mango Mesh Pullover" and read through threads with out people's experiences. There are some sizing challenges, but if you are aware of them you can work around it.

Thank you everyone for your compliments!

Thanks! And thanks for the odd push and for posting the pattern. Keep me posted on your progress.

odd push?? I don't understand.

Sorry, I just meant thanks for your interest and support in helping me with the pattern!

Hahaha I just thought I would give you ahard time...figured it was a typo. Glad you got it done!

• 3 weeks later...

A little late joining, but I'm also working on the Mango Mesh top. I splurged and bought myself some stunning bamboo sport weight yarn and decided this is this perfect pattern for it. For over $50.00 in yarn, I wanted to do something special. I'm almost done with the front of it. I'm making size large, and it looks like it's gonna be a perfect fit. I love this pattern. Working out from the middle it's easy enough to adjust the sizing if you need to.

I love the way yours turned out, Colleen. Looks great. The only change I'm going to make is not to do the bobbles in the center of the back piece. I'm not crazy about bobbles, so on the back I'm just going to DC where the bobbles are for a more plain look to the back.

Kathy

A little late joining, but I'm also working on the Mango Mesh top. I splurged and bought myself some stunning bamboo sport weight yarn and decided this is this perfect pattern for it. For over $50.00 in yarn, I wanted to do something special. I'm almost done with the front of it. I'm making size large, and it looks like it's gonna be a perfect fit. I love this pattern. Working out from the middle it's easy enough to adjust the sizing if you need to.

I love the way yours turned out, Colleen. Looks great. The only change I'm going to make is not to do the bobbles in the center of the back piece. I'm not crazy about bobbles, so on the back I'm just going to DC where the bobbles are for a more plain look to the back.

Kathy

Kathy, I like your idea of doing the back without the bobbles. Please post pictures, I would love to see it! I loved this pattern and may use it again in some shape or form.

Colleen

Kathy, I like your idea of doing the back without the bobbles. Please post pictures, I would love to see it! I loved this pattern and may use it again in some shape or form.

Colleen

I'll post a WIP picture once I get the front finished. I see so much potential for this pattern. I'm thinking of a shell stitch center panel with just DC on the sides (instead of the mesh) as another version. If I did that I'd probably alter the back so it's not as low and rounded. The frustrating part is figuring out how much yarn you need. I'm amazed at how much more yarn crocheting uses compared to knitting. I bought 1000 yards of this yarn I'm using now, and I really had to look hard to find a large size pattern that didn't need more yarn than that. I've made it far enough that I know I'm fine on yarn for this pattern.

Kathy

I'll post a WIP picture once I get the front finished. I see so much potential for this pattern. I'm thinking of a shell stitch center panel with just DC on the sides (instead of the mesh) as another version. If I did that I'd probably alter the back so it's not as low and rounded. The frustrating part is figuring out how much yarn you need. I'm amazed at how much more yarn crocheting uses compared to knitting. I bought 1000 yards of this yarn I'm using now, and I really had to look hard to find a large size pattern that didn't need more yarn than that. I've made it far enough that I know I'm fine on yarn for this pattern.

Kathy

I had to go back to the store twice to buy more yarn for my Mango Mesh. I can never find (or afford) the yarn the pattern calls for, so I'm am forever substituting.

I would like to do this pattern with a higher back and DC sides too. I like the idea of the shells for the center panel, although I wouldn't mind bobbles on just the front. You could do a simple ch3 sc style ruffle edge instead of the bobbles around the neck/bottom. I would just need to figure out how to put long sleeves on it. I'm working my first pattern now with sleeves to be attached and it is causing me some challenges. Maybe once I get one sweater with sleeves under my belt I could add some to this one.

Look forward to seeing your pics!

Archived