New stitch

I have just discovered the double base chain stitch.....and it has saved me!!:clap I hate making base chains, they seem to take me FOREVER...but this is just so wonderful.....Here is a site that gives you step by step instructions for it........I love this stitch.....

http://www.weirdmirror.org/instruction/dblbsch.htm

that is a really swift idea. I'd never seen it before, either, but may have to try that on my next self project. (eyes gleaming w/ anticipation of experimenting...<<evile cackle>> )

Sandy :D

After reading this I tried it and it is a wonderful idea :clap

Thank you for sharing it. I hate stitching into the foundation chain. I was making a purse and was to the handels when I found this. I used it for the Handles and it was soooooooo easy :yes

If you haven't tried it, do it! It really makes a nice foundation row if you are keeping to simple double or triple stitches :)

I've seen that in a crochet book I have for making cords...but never thought about using it for the base chain! Thanks for inspiring me. :) I'll have to try that stitch out.

Its been a while but this looks very similar to the dc starting chain used for the top-down socks in the Crochet Socks book. It was a little tricky to get at first and looks a little weird for the first few stitches when you're doing dc's but it really gives a nice edge to the work.

Okay, so since I HATE working into the chain and find it very difficult, I decided to try this for my next scarf. It works VERY well! The only hiccup I had was when I went to chain and turn -- because the yarn is on the bottom and the loop is on the top, it pulls kind of strangely, but not enough to make me not do it. You could also just tie it off and start a new piece of yarn to turn around.

Anyway, this stitch is a lifesaver.

Archived