I am sure I am not the first one to think of this but I thought I would share it with ya all anyway. :lol

I really hate adding fringe to my projects, basically because it is too time consuming. Well, the other day, I purchased a latch hook and tried it. Worked great and went so much faster than using a crochet hook! Has anyone else tried or do this? I don't think I will mind adding fringe to my completed projects now. It's still not fun but at least it goes a heck of a lot faster! :D

I've always thought of fringe as a waste of perfectly good yarn.

But, the latch hook is a good idea, I've used it before to fringe a poncho that someone specifically requested fringe on.

Hey, that is a good idea. I still have a latch hook around from a rug I was working on once. I'm gonna give that a try next time too :hook

I'm not a fringe person. It's a waste of yarn. On an afghan it gets tangled in my toes funny or itches my nose, and since I'm short, a fringe border on anything is too long.... (and a little too 70s and/or girly for me....)

Edit: A latch hook would work great though! I hooked rugs many, many moons ago. It would also be great for adding hair/fur to little stuffies (sorry, can't spell ama-whats-it)

I think it is a good thing to try for fringe.

I personally don't do fringe. Instead, I do chain loops of say 20 chains, sc in next stitch, 20 chains, sc. etc. It gives the illusion of fringe but it gives something more than just cut pieces of yarn.

Just my opinion.

I think a latch hook would work very well. It would bring the yarn through and then just hook it over. Great idea.

:manyheart

I personally don't do fringe. Instead, I do chain loops of say 20 chains, sc in next stitch, 20 chains, sc. etc. It gives the illusion of fringe but it gives something more than just cut pieces of yarn.

That is a great idea! I am going to try this as well! Thanks for sharing!

Just my opinion.

I think a latch hook would work very well. It would bring the yarn through and then just hook it over. Great idea.

I've done something similar... I've crocheted fringe on by slip stitching into the end, chaining 20 or 25 stitches and single crocheting back to the slip stitch...slip stitch into the next stitch over, chain whatever I did on the first one, and sc to the end of the chain and then back... looked weird, but the relative I gave that afghan to liked it.

Just my opinion.

i always make my fringe this way, been doing it like that for over 20 years, even in the 70's though i never fringed as it is a waste of yarn:yes:yes:yes

Archived