Stripes abound -15" doll

darski

Stripes abound…*tlttg 2 :pinterest

post-4896-0-37469500-1364348127_thumb.jpg

This little dress was made with yarn that was just given to me by a neighbour who was tidying away stuff that keeps getting shuffled from place to place. It was in a bag full of little bits of yarn and I used a colour until it ran out. I planned ahead for the blending rows and I also worked Between Stitches rather than into stitches because I like that look in stripes.

What I am saying is… use up whatever you have in what ever way you want. I am not going to tell you to change colours, use a colour as long as you wish and change when you wish.

Start, row 1: Ch 28, hdc in 2nd ch from hook and next 2 ch, ch 5, skip 5 chain, hdc in next 9 ch, ch 5, sk 5 chain, hdc in last 4 ch.
(keep yourself oriented so you know which is the original chain row)

Row 2: work 2 hdc in first st, hdc in 8, 2hdc in next, hdc in 8, 2hdc in next, hdc to end and put 2hdc in last st. (the increases should be at the front side of the armholes… not that it matters but there yah go… wherever you end up J.

Row 3: work hdc across but work 4 increases (back, 2 in front, other back)

Rows 4 and 5: Work even

Row 6: Work hdc in 3, 3 hdc in next across

Row 7-9: Work even in dc.

Row 10: dc around but join and work in rounds from this point on.

Row 11-15: DC across.

Row 16: Work dc in 3, (hdc, dc, hdc ) in next around and break off. Tidy all ends.

post-4896-0-91765800-1364348127.jpg

This stays in place by means of a waist tie made just with a couple of strands of the last yarn I used. I found the centre and made a little bow and secured it so it wont come apart. I then threaded the strands of yarn through stitches and to the back where it ties.

post-4896-0-47834400-1364348128.jpg

When this was done, I went back and just took a stitch on the inside to secure the little bow so it doesn’t come undone or come off the dress.

*The Little Top That Grew

Copyright:
Darlene Cutler
– 2007

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

• 3 years later...

3 days ago the salvation army store had 3 Dora dolls....today they were gone! I'll keep looking until I find one that I can add in the grandkids toybox and make up some of these adorable outfits for my granddaughters to play with.

• 7 years later...

Archived