Hello from England!

damekiri

Welcome, from Kansas!

I leave in 12 days for my first trip to England! I can't wait. Spending plenty of time in London, staying in Surrey (Fetcham? I think...), and at some point I believe we'll be heading to Brighton.

I'm not sure where any of these places are in relation to one another. But if you know of any good yarn shops in the area, I'd love a recommendation!

Hello to you too! :welcome to Crochetville. I was allowed to pick anywhere I wanted to go for my High School graduation(20 years ago). My brother graduated from College the same year and both of us wanted to go to England. I absolutely loved the visit. One of these days I'd love to go back.

:cheer :cheer Welcome damekiri:cheer :cheer

I guess you know that there is a real Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, the NZ Opera singer who is based in London England.

Welcome from the home of this Dame Kiri.

I am going to hear Dame Kiri sing, with the NZ Symphony Orchestra, on the 12th of April, so if I get to speak with her, I will tell her you said hello.:lol

My kids gave me tickets for my Birthday and I have never been to anything like this, in all of my 65yrs so it will be a nice experience.

Mind you, I would really rather go to a country music concert but maybe it is time to broaden my horizons.

Welcome again from down here in NZ.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUE2zG3R-hc <--listen, she sounds amazing. Enjoy! (and welcome to our new friend - who is from England)

Hi:hi and:welcome to the board. I'm another newby from Central Pennsylvania, USA. This is a great place, you'll love it here. It's also very addicting so watch out. :devil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUE2zG3R-hc <--listen, she sounds amazing. Enjoy! (and welcome to our new friend - who is from England)

Heh I know, she's pretty excellent. I was named after her. I've been in two operas myself, but then only local ones haha, nothing big or fancy! I think she's great. :)

And thankyou everyone for the lovely welcome!

Heh I know, she's pretty excellent. I was named after her. I've been in two operas myself, but then only local ones haha, nothing big or fancy! I think she's great. :)

And thankyou everyone for the lovely welcome!

That is cool, opera singing!

I sing....

in my car!

:lol

Kiri,

Hello there, I'm just up the road from you, so to speak, in sunny Lowestoft. My mother in law tried to teach me how to knit but I found it too fiddly and I got easily frustrated with it. My grandma crocheted alot but I never really took the time to learn. I guess I was just needing a good connection to my roots and felt that crochet offered that to me. I'm starting my first afghan for one of my boys. So far so good!

And on a side note, we've had absolutely wonderful weather all this bank holiday! Long may it continue!

Mandy

Archived