hats off to the round ripple users!!

omegosh, started my first round ripple and i'm EXHAUSTED after only 20 rounds!! HATS OFF to those of you who have completed many! i must admit it is fun, but i just get so darn "burnt out"....:lol

i am also on my first found ripple and am on the last row before i put the edge on it. hang in there and soon it will be finished and worth every minute put into it. mine was suppose to be a gift to my mom for Christmas, i am either a little late or very early.... i am proud to say that i have finished this and cant wait for my mother to see it...now i am starting on a spiderman blanket...i have not 1 but 2 of this to make. i have 5yoa twin nephews birthday coming april 4

Yea, I have one my friend Amy rdered from Herschners catalog, it arrived oh, a couple weeks ago, I told her I coul dhave it done in a week, yeaaaaaaaaaa like that happened,,,humpppp I need to get that thing back out....lol..

it is LOVELY but BORING to crochet in my eyes..lol

I have completed 2 whole round ripples! It was getting to the point where it took so long to get that fianl round I never thought I would see the end~! but it was ok I made it for my sister lilpug! :heart I have one 3/4's of the way done and 2 baby round ripples started! I guess Iam a gluten for punishment huh?

I am almost done with my first round ripple - have about three more skeins of yarn to go - they are the Bernat chunky, so not very big. When the yarn runs out, it is done. Then I have at least two more I want to make.

talk about taking forever. Anybody remember the 8 1/2 foot one I made for my mom for her birthday? (It was an accident - I measured wrong and still had to finish the rainbow) 2 strands and an N hook and it still felt like forever lol. I have 2 more that need to be finished - UGH.

Niqita failed to mention that she threatened to tie one end of the afghan to a door knob, put the afghan in her car and drive to work!!!:eek Could you imagine seeing that driving down the highway!!??

Niqita failed to mention that she threatened to tie one end of the afghan to a door knob, put the afghan in her car and drive to work!!!:eek Could you imagine seeing that driving down the highway!!??

36_11_6.gif7_20_6.gif

To Funny!!!!!!!!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNxmk552JBUS

I know how you feel. When you get to the last few rows, you are doing hundreds of stitches to complete the round. It's like it never ends.

One tip I started doing was putting a colored stitch marker in the first stitch of the round. This way, I could kind of guage where I was as I completed the round. It was like a little mental game with me. Only about half way to the end, only one third left, etc.

It helped me.

I do love them, but those last few rounds are killers. By that time, you just want it finished!

They do turn out great and look a lot harder than they are.

:manyheart

Ohh, I'm trying to finish my first one right now. I just can't make myself do it! It takes SO long to get all the way around. I end up picking it up, doing 4 or 5 points, and then when I catch a glimpse of just how far away the end of the round is, I get frustrated and I quit.

At least it's just a lapghan for me, so I don't have to feel guilty about making anyone wait. ^-^

Archived