Christmas CAL... anyone interested???

Mommy2Max

Hello Love your agfhans. They will be loved where did you get the pattern? Great job.

I posted where I got them a few posts up and thank you

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Love your work what stitch are you doing this in afghan or sc? I am getting information together to try and do a graphghan.

Thanks! I was nervious. I made the graph myself and was afraid it wouldn't work out but it has.

Actually I am using HDC. I thought sc to be too short and dc to be too long.

I didn't get pictures today. I turned on the camera and the battery was dead.

I have made a couple of graph ghans. I am almost done with a Batman for one of our boys. I have a Superman one to do for another and a Spiderman face for the oldest son. I don't do my own graphs. There is a gal on Ebay that I have always gotten graphs patterns from.

Hello! I'm joining in here, too! I am in the process of making two Snowman T.P. Toppers (a Maggie Weldon 2005 pattern that was turned into a kit for Mary Maxim that I purchased this past year)! It's going quite easy so far and will go along with my Snowman/woman them! :yay

I am going to see if I can get these mag's. I think I might have one but not sure.

You know. I have been watching this thread for your answer, but, just saw it tonight!!!

Thanks very much.

Diane

Ok here goes

The green one is called country casual afghan and it was in annie's favorite crochet mag december 2006 pg 14

The purple one is called violet rings and it was in hooked on crochet mag february 2007 pg38

If you go to the websites I think you can contact them and request the patterns. I hope this helps everyone I love sharing my projects with everyone.

Ok. Completed one nephew toy to find out that I made the wrong one!! OMGarsh! So that one is going in my DS box of goodies. Then started on one of the right ones. Completed that one...and started on the next one. My hands ache!

I'm so impressed with everyone's work and so jealous with how fast you guys are!

I did finish two pairs of slippers and at this stage I'm just focusing on finishing my 2 sons lapghans and a couple of ornaments for a swap.

But I bow to all you crochet queens:bow

:lol I can relate. We tend to start working out gifts around June. I have plans for next year birthdays which I will need to get started on basically as soon as Christmas is over :).

My list is fairly small and I have about 1/3 of it done so far. Basically it is

5 facewashers (all done)

4 FBB (1 to the point of lining and handles, second started)

1 Fit-To-be-tied bag (needs lining and finishing

1 Cradle Purse for DD (finished needs ends tucking in)

1 Ani Dog (to be started)

1 set of PacMan figures (to be started)

2 Mini Aeroplanes (to be started)

about 20 mini Snowflakes (around 6 done needing ends tucked in).

Anyone who can get an afghan done for Christmas is fantastic in my book :) (next year I'm going to try and do one :)).

Sounds like fun...I'll join in.

I started on my Christmas items much earlier this year (like May) and only have 7 (of 35) projects left to crochet before Christmas. :jumpyay

DH scarf -

Stepson scarf -

MIL scarf -

Cousin scarf - WIP 60% done

Neice poncho -

Mom and Dad bathroom rug -

Granny kitchen rug -

(Maybe) DH slippers -

The only reason I'm working on an afghan is that it got too hot to sit under last spring so I moved it to a Christmas gift for a granddaughter. It's at least half finished already. But... I am impressed with all these magnificent Christmas lists, too. Some of you gals must leave a stream of smoke behind your hooks! :yes

I'm about half through the main section of the grands' bathmat but it's so hard on the hands I can't do much each day and am spreading that one out. I have finished a "selection" of thread bookmarks for occasional gifts. There was no particular number of these to be made but I think this will do. Plus, thread projects are easy to carry around in your purse to have for those odd moments of free time. Here are some pictures. (I'm also knitting, but this is a CROCHET forum, LOL!)

PineappleBookmarks.jpgPineappleBookmarksTassels.jpg

Hello! I picked up some smaller rolls of toilet paper for my snowmen and should have those done today or tomorrow! I just have to make the noses, stuff the t.p. into the snowman parts that are ready to go, put in some fiberfill, tie the scarves, put on the hats, and then glue on the buttons! :yay I'll be starting on stockings after I'm done with these! :yes

I have finished a "selection" of thread bookmarks for occasional gifts. There was no particular number of these to be made but I think this will do. Plus, thread projects are easy to carry around in your purse to have for those odd moments of free time. Here are some pictures.

Those are lovely. I love the pattern and the colours. What is the pattern?

Thanks for your compliments, all! These are really fun to make.

Those are lovely. I love the pattern and the colours. What is the pattern?
Here is a link to this booklet on eBay. I think it's a pretty popular book since I often see bookmarks which seem to be made from it here on C'ville, ddkitten. Like most of us, I did alter the pattern a titch. I like a bigger "pineapple" so I began making two extra DCs in the first ring. Also I crocheted a head for the tassel instead of just wrapping a head for it. It takes a little time but I prefer that look.

I finished the second sock to pair #3 for Christmas. I had to do some laundry magic and shrink one so they matched..lol...but they turned out really nice otherwise. I have cast on pair #4...only 4 more pair to go after this!

I have completed one more nephew toy. Am almost completed with another. Will have 4 more of those to make for a total of 3 per boy. Then I have to make a niece toy, a niece purse, a nephew sweater set, DD socks(part of the 4 pr left), and DS toys.....I think....I'm starting to lose count!!

Also need to make two more cotton towels and 6 more dishcloths! Yay!!:scared Ended up forgetting to include my grandmother in my Christmas counting, so that added some to the list.

i wish i knew how to do graph ghans but i wouldn't know even how to start. but i want to learn and i will have to check it out after christmas cause it sounds like fun.

They are really not terribly difficult. I know a gal who sells patterns on eBay. Have gotten quite a few from her. I don't think I could even sit and develope my own pattern. I thank God that there are those out there who have that talent. Not my talent though. I just follow the pattern and crochet!!!LOL

i wish i knew how to do graph ghans but i wouldn't know even how to start. but i want to learn and i will have to check it out after christmas cause it sounds like fun.

I have started Pair 'O Socks #4. Am already 1/2 way thru the cuff. The colors remind me of my brother...so I'm thinkin that's where these'll go. I have completed nephew toy #3...only one more to go! Yay!

Found out over the weekend that my SIL reads my blog and now they know what everyone is getting for Christmas. Not sure if that is bad or good. My BIL, the stinker, thought of asking for something different from me....I'll punch him if he does.

I have taken a break from crocheting to focus on reading the Bible, so I haven't gotten anything done since I lasted posted. I have set a goal to read the entire New Testament before January 1, 2008. So, between reading and crocheting, it is going to be a busy month and a half.

I have 2 RR's done and I have a stack of dishcloths done.

I am working on 4 RR's and more dishcloths. I keep getting interrupted by orders. The last order was for dishcloths, a scarf and a Sweet Pea Shawl. Now it is back to the RR's.

Archived