Christmas CAL... anyone interested???

Mommy2Max

Dear ddkitten, I saw in your list that you had a cradle purse to make or had made aleady. I saw those on the site and was wondering if you could tell me where I might purchase the pattern. I have a few little people, plus I like to make something for the sheriffs dept. for there annual xmas toys for the less forunate.Thanks again and have a great day. britt:manyheart

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all :)

I just started making my gifts for christmas so I think it would help keep me going if I join this CAL.

I need all the motivation I can get. :cheer

I haven't listed out all the gifts I'm making but so far:

Sunbonnet Sue/Butterfly block afghan for Mom - WIP

potholder/kitchen sets for friends

SIL ?

MIL ?

Sister?

9 and 11 yo nieces?

Oh and do any of you have any good ideas for the men in your lives? I have a 23 yo brother, my dad, and my FIL that I have no ideas for. I will most likely end up buying them gifts but if anyone had good gift ideas for guys I'd love to hear it! :hook

Do they like to golf?? If so, there's 2 links on here in the original patterns section. One is TEE BAG and 1 is the covers for the golf clubs.

Do they have computers? if so, what about a computer cover?

are they jokers? a frog hat, maybe?

scarf? (I know, not original)

Sandy

Hi there. I have few projects - birthdays, a wedding gift, and a baby shower gift to complete. Once I get them out of the way, I hope to have time to make some xmas gifts.

-a heart-theme gift for an aunt, maybe felt hearts (3D little hearts) or a heart scarf.

-a WIP cardigan for mom (needs blocking then assembly) (Also a scarf for her Jan 3rd birthday)

-dad, maybe wine coasters or hiker's vest.

If it's impossible - then nice bookmarks for everybody.

I decided I need to join this CAL. Is it ok if some of our stuff has to be knit?

Here's my list to be accomplished:

8 pairs of socks- probably cashmere/alpaca/wool, something like that. These will be for all the mom's, dad's, brother's and sil's.

Toys for two 7 yr old boys, a 4 yr old boy, a 5 yr old girl, and a 2 yr old boy. Not to mention the 17, 15, 12, 11 , 10 and 9 yr olds.....

Oh heck and the newborn, not like he's even going to know it's Christmas!

(mine and dh's brothers like to make babies!)

I think the 17, 15, and 10 yr olds are getting money. I really don't know what to do for the 9 yr old girl.

The 12 and 11 are mine, so .....yeah... we'll see what Santa brings....

I saw those on the site and was wondering if you could tell me where I might purchase the pattern. . britt:manyheart

Hi Britt,

I'm planning on using a free pattern I found - http://www.geocities.com/crotiques/origcradle.htm, there are a few other free patterns around and at least one for sale pattern on Esty that I saw when I was hunting them. I haven't even worked out what yarn I'm going to use yet :).

Thank you so much I am going to try and make some for the sheriffs dept. toy drive they do for the kids who don't get alot of stuff for xmas. so thanks so much. britt:manyheart :manyheart :manyheart

Hi :hi I joined this CAL when it first started, but have been so busy over the summer that I just haven't done any posting here at the ville. However, since the kids are going back to school I will have a bit more time to post. I took some time to catch up and am in awe at what everyone else has accomplished. :tup

I have been getting some crochet done for my Christmas presents and here is what I have done so far....

1) Kitten potholders for an elderly friend

2) A kitchen set (consisting of a potholder, dishcloth, towel topper, and scrubbie) for my daughter-in-law

3)A pair of slippers for my boss

4) A water bottle sling for one of my 7 grandchildren (only 6 more to go)

I am currently working on a paperback book cover I will probably give to my daugher. If I get a chance, I will take some pics today so you can see what I have been doing. Do we have a special picture day here, or do we post them whenever we finish a project? I can't remember?

Good morning everyone,

I promised to post pictures of some of the Christmas gift projects I have been working on over the summer and here are two of them. These were made early in the summer and I entered them in the local country fair. I had never entered any of my work in the fair before and was really surprised when both of these items won a prize.

Here is a picture of the slippers I am going to give my boss for Christmas.

th_fair07004.jpg

These are the kitten potholders I crocheted for one of my elderly friends. I found this pattern on http://www.e-patternscentral.com/ and just had to get it. I am hoping to make a pair of these for myself in the future.

th_fair07003.jpg

I joined this CAL when it first started, and I am just now starting on Christmas goodies :eek

Life and other crochet projects just kept getting in the way.

I am making a RR for my mother. This one is similar to the straight ripple ghan I made for her back in March.

When this one is done, I have many more to do.

th_MomsStainedGlassRR1-1.jpg

clickable

I've been working on and off for months. I have several scarves done and am on my 5th stocking. I just haven't taken pics of anything yet. I'm going to try and find some appliques for the stockings to dress them up instead of trying to crochet something to go on them. I'm going to do that all at once so am waiting until I get all the stockings done. I'm playing with a felted oven mitt to see if it's something I want to do for gifts. I've started a poncho for my 4yo niece. My problem is that there are so many darn birthdays from now through Jan I'm trying to do for both birthdays AND Xmas ... I think I need to rethink that idea. LOL

I also have alot of birthdays coming up in fall. This month my mom, one of my granddaughters who is turning 16, and the beginning of Oct. is a grandson. I would really like to make them each something as well, but there is just so much time. :thinking

I have finished my first of many afghan's for Christmas.

This is one for my Mom. I'm calling it Stained Glass.

th_MomsStainedGlassRRDone.jpg

clickable

This one is coming along nicely. I have no idea who will be getting this one yet. I'm calling this one Shady Blues.

th_ShadyBlues2.jpg

clickable

Archived