Has anyone entered the Mary Maxim Afghan contest?

I see this in their catalog every year and always wondered who designs afghans for this contest.

Well, this year I am designing one and entering it in the baby division.

Has anyone entered? How have you done? The prize money sounds pretty good, so I am wondering how many people actually design an afghan and then enter it. It has to be original.

Forms have to be in by May and then the afghan itself has to be done in June. It doesn't give a whole lot of time, but I will get it done. Ordered some yarn and just waiting for it to be delivered to start.

It sounds like a fun thing to do.

:manyheart

I've never entered but one of the winning afghan's from last year was designed by a woman in our area. It was the pink cancer ribbon afghan.

Thanks for all the well wishes! I sure hope I do well.

FYI: I received my application in the mail, and I have a very low number. Less than 20! Which might mean I have a good chance, or that everyone waits to the last minute to order an application.

Sign up. I know I can use the $500 or $2,000 prize winnings! Probably take a trip to a yarn factory or something else. How about you?

I've never entered but one of the winning afghan's from last year was designed by a woman in our area. It was the pink cancer ribbon afghan.

I've seen that in the catty and thought it was really nice. If I had the time, I would get, make it and donate it. At the local ice rink one family with 3 girls that skate are now in their 6th year of putting on an ice show to raise money for cancer to donate.

Good luck and I hope you win!! Herrschners also has a contest as well if you want to enter that one too.

I can say I barely have the talent to follow a pattern, so I am OUT of thinking about that...lol

BUT I wish you the BEST of luck!!

I've been toying with the idea lately of entering an afghan contest. My plan is to get one made and written out (possibly tested) and then entering. So maybe next year.......?

Sheryl

I started my afghan on Wednesday. I am using Simply Soft Brites in Watermelon for the center. And then using purple and yellow for the border. I wonder how I will do.

By the way, my chances seem pretty good because the number for my entry is less than 20. I just will keep working on it until it's finished! That's my number one project now.

• 2 months later...

Mine is all ready to be driven to the post office. Wish me luck.

I'll let you know how I did.

I will be praying for you. I am so proud of you for doing this. More often than not, it just takes the "daring do"to enter and win a contest like this.

:hug

• 2 weeks later...

I got it to the post office on Saturday. Life's been pretty hectic around here with my son graduating 8th grade, Daughter taking finals and starting work at the beach, and my new job. So I am crossing my fingers. I will let you know how I do.

And if I don't win, I will enter the blanket in the county fair, when I get it back.

So either way, it's a winner to me.

Archived