Girls Cardigan and Hat

Dawn

I made this for my daughter. I followed the pattern for a ruffled cardigan from red heart. It was supposed to be made with rh plush, but I used simply soft. It's probably smaller than it was supposed to be, but it fits my Micaela perfectly. She wears about a girls 12 or 14. The sleeves are a little funny because when I followed the pattern they didn't fit in where I did the shaping on the back and front and I'm thinking that's because of the difference in the yarn. (Hope that makes sense.) So I had to increase more than the pattern said to, but once it's on you really can't tell. I also didn't add the ruffle because she didn't want it. It's trimmed with Caron Feathers instead.

ctmpphpsWyVib.jpg

The hat is just a basic v-stitch that I came up with on my own. I actually made this first and then went looking for a sweater to match. (They actually are the same color, just different picture quality!) A little backwards, but I like the way they both turned out. I'm still debating on whether or not to trim the hat with the Feathers.

ctmpphpSkI4sB.jpg

Thank you all. It's not perfect, but as a crocheter still new to making wearables (this was my my 5th sweater, and the second that wasn't made in one piece) I'm pretty happy with the results. DD is about to turn 11 and is very very picky, so I'm really happy that she likes it.

Archived