A new yarn or thread?

I was wandering the yarn aislein Walmart and found the Bernat cool crochet. It is with the thread but I am not sure what weight thread it would be similar to. Has anyone used it yet? :think would I be able to make a doily with it without it being huge? :think I hate to buy it if I am not sure how to use it as finances are very tight right now. Thanks

I used it for the edging on my ladylike hooded scarf that I made my mom (eventually, she'll let me take a pic so I can post it) I love it!! It's so pretty and surprizingly soft. It seems too bulky to me to be a thread, I used a size f hook, I think. Sorry I'm not much help.

Kassi

I like that yarn very much. I made a skirt out of it (you can see in my crochet blog) using a 3.5 mm hook. Although the label suggested 4mm hook, I found 3.5mm hook more suitable. Since it's made with 70% cotton and 30% nylon, it has a sheen which is nice for garment.

I just made the wide headband out of it last night from the Family Circle Easy Crochet.

I like it a lot. I used the F hook it called for. You do have to be a little careful or it can split. It's a little thicker than Lustersheen, maybe almost double but not quite.

It could make a nice weight bedspread but be aware it's DRY FLAT ONLY.

Archived