Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey all. This one wasn't on my list, but I finished the Windwalker lapghan from Happy Yellow House for the crochet games. Here it is

th_DSCF0792.jpg

Let me know if I need to update the second post at all

Joyce

My next project is 4 projects actually. One of my best friends has 4 children who would love to have "non-holey" blankets made by me for them. Eldest to youngest, Brogi, who is getting a Green, white, and wine arctic ripple from the 200 ripples stitches book, Manny' who wants something purple to give to his girlfriend, Lyle, who wants something green, and Gigi, who is getting a aqua, lavender, and white round ripple. If you want to make the entry easier just put "the whole family". The parents both have afghans I have made. Purple LB chenile for the mother and Blue and black LB Homespun for the dad. I will update when I figure out what to do for the boys, and will send pictures of the progress I have made for the girls...thanks Joyce. I also noticed that the hexagon is still in the first post, that project has been scrapped. Thanks.

I updated the second post, which is the one we are working from now that I've taken over the CAL. I can't remove the hexagon because that's in the first post that BarbaraJean was using when she was running this CAL. I couldn't find the hexagon in the second post.

Joyce

My next project is 4 projects actually. One of my best friends has 4 children who would love to have "non-holey" blankets made by me for them. Eldest to youngest, Brogi, who is getting a Green, white, and wine arctic ripple from the 200 ripples stitches book, Manny' who wants something purple to give to his girlfriend, Lyle, who wants something green, and Gigi, who is getting a aqua, lavender, and white round ripple. If you want to make the entry easier just put "the whole family". The parents both have afghans I have made. Purple LB chenile for the mother and Blue and black LB Homespun for the dad. I will update when I figure out what to do for the boys, and will send pictures of the progress I have made for the girls...thanks Joyce. I also noticed that the hexagon is still in the first post, that project has been scrapped. Thanks.

sorry joyce,

I'll ignore the first post, everything else is great...thanks for taking over so we can all continue to be helped to finish those projects that seem to take forever... at least mine seem to. I just spent the last three weeks covering for my employees vacations so crochet time has been limited to say the least...now I have semi recovered enough to see I have a lot to do. ugh!

Not a problem. Goodness knows I can use all the push I can get to get stuff done. The crochet games helped, which reminds me, I wanted to post that ghan project here. I did a lapghan from Happy Yellow House. Here's the pic.

th_DSCF0792.jpg

It's all packed up to be sent off to Sissie for her seniors.

Joyce

sorry joyce,

I'll ignore the first post, everything else is great...thanks for taking over so we can all continue to be helped to finish those projects that seem to take forever... at least mine seem to. I just spent the last three weeks covering for my employees vacations so crochet time has been limited to say the least...now I have semi recovered enough to see I have a lot to do. ugh!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All:clap

I know it has been so very long since I've been here, & in the meantime, my mother passed away this past June, and since then, it's been so hot here, I went outside one day, passed out, & the back of my head hit the corner edge of a brick & cut it open, & gave me a concussion, so I've had to stay still as much as I can:eek

Since then, I've been staying inside, & only come out, if it cools off in the evening, but I'm tough, & I'll make it.......:yay

Picture is clickable

th_GrannySquareAfghanWIP001carolscroch.jpg

I hope everyone has a lovely friday, & a beautiful weekend....

I just started my first afghan yesterday. I hope it's not too late to join this CAL a couple thousand posts into it! I know I'll need an incentive to keep working on it seeing as I have no attention span for long projects but I really want to finish this one. I'm not using a pattern, I'm just making granny squares and sewing them together.

Hello All:clap

I know it has been so very long since I've been here, & in the meantime, my mother passed away this past June, and since then, it's been so hot here, I went outside one day, passed out, & the back of my head hit the corner edge of a brick & cut it open, & gave me a concussion, so I've had to stay still as much as I can:eek

Since then, I've been staying inside, & only come out, if it cools off in the evening, but I'm tough, & I'll make it.......:yay

Picture is clickable

th_GrannySquareAfghanWIP001carolscroch.jpg

I hope everyone has a lovely friday, & a beautiful weekend....

Wow, what a tough summer you have had, but what a great attitude. Your afghan is looking beautiful.

I just started my first afghan yesterday. I hope it's not too late to join this CAL a couple thousand posts into it! I know I'll need an incentive to keep working on it seeing as I have no attention span for long projects but I really want to finish this one. I'm not using a pattern, I'm just making granny squares and sewing them together.

HI and welcome. It's not too late to join. Give me the name of your afghan so I can add it to the second post and then post updates however often you like.

Joyce

Yay! The name of my afghan is Tri-color Afghan. I'll post pictures once I have more than 1 1/2 squares made :blush. I got caught up messing with my new Ravelry account and didn't work on it yet! :eek

Yay! The name of my afghan is Tri-color Afghan. I'll post pictures once I have more than 1 1/2 squares made :blush. I got caught up messing with my new Ravelry account and didn't work on it yet! :eek

Added to the end of second post. Keep us updated.

I decided the name for the granny I'm making is "Granny Blues" I couldn't think of anything else, & this name popped into my head...LOL:c9

Added.

Yikes- I wandered off and forgot to update my progress! I am listed as "Fast and Easy Scrapghan"- it is actually Scrumptious Scraps, and I'm done with both. I have another started, but I have it listed on the new scrapghan CAL. Thanks!

Marked both "fast and easy" ghans as completed. Pics?

Joyce

I need to work on getting pics this week- I need to wrestle the blankets away from the kids first. Also, If you could retitle those ghans to Scrumptious Scraps for people doing searches, that would be great.

Done :hook

Joyce

Finished the kittens-in-a-row one!! I just finished this yesterday, ran out of one color of yarn while making the fringe so just fudged it a bit, but my daugther didn't mind, she was happy with it :clap hopefully i will have the other ones done soon, i could technically be done with them but i like it when they fit the whole bed and they only have a few more inches to go.

niasghan.jpg

That looks great. I'll mark the second post

Joyce

Finished the kittens-in-a-row one!! I just finished this yesterday, ran out of one color of yarn while making the fringe so just fudged it a bit, but my daugther didn't mind, she was happy with it :clap hopefully i will have the other ones done soon, i could technically be done with them but i like it when they fit the whole bed and they only have a few more inches to go.

niasghan.jpg

Hi everybody,

I'm sorry I haven't been around much, but I've got updates on my 2 afghans.

First, the good news. I finished the ABC Baby Afghan! I still haven't decided what I'll do with it, but it's done. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Joyce, please mark this one as COMPLETED!

2846557436_e906d43a6f.jpg?v=0

And now for the bad news, I've decided to give up on my Striped Cable Afghan. I got really bored with it, and there was still so much work to do! I think I can find a better purpose for this yarn. So could you please remove this one from the list, Joyce?

-Stacia

Hi everybody,

First, the good news. I finished the ABC Baby Afghan! I still haven't decided what I'll do with it, but it's done. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Joyce, please mark this one as COMPLETED!

And now for the bad news, I've decided to give up on my Striped Cable Afghan. I got really bored with it, and there was still so much work to do! I think I can find a better purpose for this yarn. So could you please remove this one from the list, Joyce?

-Stacia

Stacia, the ABC ghan is gorgeous. I wanna make that some day. Sorry about the striped cables, if it's in the second post, I'll remove it. It's probably best to move on it you're bored.

Joyce

Hi everybody,

-Stacia

Nice job!

niasghan.jpg

Oh, that is fantastic. Is it difficult?

Oh, that is fantastic. Is it difficult?

No, its not that difficult.. The only part i found difficult was trying to keep the end of my hook from pulling out the "tails"..i kept getting it stuck in some of them, but its easily fixed.

Glad everyone liked it!

Archived