Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

That's very pretty. I've updated the second post.

Joyce

hi all... i finally finished my star ghan (it took me almost 3 months to do, the other stars only took me a few weeks, guess i got lazy on this one :lol)

this thing is kinda huge, i laid it on my king size bed to take the pic..i'm glad i'm done with it, dont think i'll do another star for awhile!!

aprilsstar.jpg

i'm about a little over 1/2 way done with my other one and will post pics of it when i'm done..anyways, here's the star

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad to report that I haven't worked on the blanket lately. My arms have been too achy for crocheting, which sucks. I have also decided to make it into a twin size blanket for my son's bed since he's in more need of it than I am at this point. I'll make one for my bed at a later date.

Maybe I'll feel up to adding to it in a few days. Just thought I'd give a progress report on it. I had added a few squares since last time, but it's been several days since I last picked it up. Set aside temporarily, but not forgotten. :)

hi all... i finally finished my star ghan (it took me almost 3 months to do, the other stars only took me a few weeks, guess i got lazy on this one :lol)

this thing is kinda huge, i laid it on my king size bed to take the pic..i'm glad i'm done with it, dont think i'll do another star for awhile!!

aprilsstar.jpg

i'm about a little over 1/2 way done with my other one and will post pics of it when i'm done..anyways, here's the star

Woo Hoo! :clap That really is huge!

Sad to report that I haven't worked on the blanket lately. My arms have been too achy for crocheting, which sucks. I have also decided to make it into a twin size blanket for my son's bed since he's in more need of it than I am at this point. I'll make one for my bed at a later date.

Maybe I'll feel up to adding to it in a few days. Just thought I'd give a progress report on it. I had added a few squares since last time, but it's been several days since I last picked it up. Set aside temporarily, but not forgotten. :)

Yeah, I've laid aside my baby blanket too. I may frog it because it's difficult for me to keep up with where I am in the pattern if I don't stay right with it all the time. I'm just not enjoying it.

Just checking in with everyone to see how it's going. I have completed the graph part of the Army graph ghan. Just need to make squares to border it and make it bigger. Here's a photo

DSCF0302.jpg

Joyce, i love your army ghan!! My husband is in the army and wants one like that, but he's wanting me to try and put all the bases we've been at on it, kinda like embrodiered on there or something, not sure how i would do it though!! i will have to think on it :lol again, i think its lovely!!

Joyce, i love your army ghan!! My husband is in the army and wants one like that, but he's wanting me to try and put all the bases we've been at on it, kinda like embrodiered on there or something, not sure how i would do it though!! i will have to think on it :lol again, i think its lovely!!

Wow, your husband's idea sounds like more than I could tackle. If you do it, I'd love to see it. Thank you for the compliments.

Just checking in with everyone to see how it's going. I have completed the graph part of the Army graph ghan. Just need to make squares to border it and make it bigger. Here's a photo

DSCF0302.jpg

Joyce, that is amazing! Awesome job!

Hello everyone all your afghans are turning out very nice. Sorry I haven't been around for awhile but I'm still here. I haven't been crocheting much lately life just gets in the way sometimes. I'm trying to finish up a baby blanket, then I need to work on two other baby blankets.

Oh, and guess what...I just found out I'm pregnant, so I need to start working on something for my little one. I'll be due on December 27th. I'm kind of scared but really excited. :hook

Hello everyone all your afghans are turning out very nice. Sorry I haven't been around for awhile but I'm still here. I haven't been crocheting much lately life just gets in the way sometimes. I'm trying to finish up a baby blanket, then I need to work on two other baby blankets.

Oh, and guess what...I just found out I'm pregnant, so I need to start working on something for my little one. I'll be due on December 27th. I'm kind of scared but really excited. :hook

Congratulations!

No worries Suzanne. life sure does get in the way. However CONGRATS are in order! Please by all means, if you don't post it here, direct us to what you create for your own little one

Joyce

HEY! I had to come in here to catch up on looking at your recent afghans. Very lovely. Beautifully done. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. How wonderful that God has given us this talent with our hands, huh?!:manyheart:crocheting

I am faithfully working on my Minnie Mouse ghan. The actual afghan is done, I have 6 more squares to do, my girlfriend is doing the cross stitch as she is better cross stitching then I am. Finally a border will be done to it and then it will be ready to take pictures so you can see it.

HEY! I had to come in here to catch up on looking at your recent afghans. Very lovely. Beautifully done. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. How wonderful that God has given us this talent with our hands, huh?!:manyheart:crocheting

I am faithfully working on my Minnie Mouse ghan. The actual afghan is done, I have 6 more squares to do, my girlfriend is doing the cross stitch as she is better cross stitching then I am. Finally a border will be done to it and then it will be ready to take pictures so you can see it.

Can't wait to see it

Joyce

Hi everyone! I haven't been in for ages! I am still working on my Aztec Sun Afghan, well, not really working on it, it's in a basket next to my bed :P I've just been so busy with.......... well everthing LOL

Finished Spring Round of Secret Pal and now going into Summer Camp.:yay Also signed up for the Whole Kit and Kaboodle Swap:blush which is ongoing, and then my Y! swap groups.

But I really need to pull this afghan out and get it finished up, I don't have that much left to do on it.

I have been lurking while avoiding this blanket, and I just want to let everyone know you are doing some good work!!!

Hugs to all!!:hug

detroitdeb - Afghan for Dad

detroitdeb - Shell Stitch Blanket

detroitdeb - Blue and Purple Afghan for Olivia

detroitdeb - Mosaic Afghan

detroitdeb - Rainbow Rows Afghan

Can you take off all except my blue and purple afghan for Olivia? I'm only going to post one in progress for now, just the one I'm pushing to finish. Then I'll add back in the next one I'm pushing to finish. Thanks.

deb

detroitdeb - Afghan for Dad

detroitdeb - Shell Stitch Blanket

detroitdeb - Blue and Purple Afghan for Olivia

detroitdeb - Mosaic Afghan

detroitdeb - Rainbow Rows Afghan

Can you take off all except my blue and purple afghan for Olivia? I'm only going to post one in progress for now, just the one I'm pushing to finish. Then I'll add back in the next one I'm pushing to finish. Thanks.

deb

Done. Can't wait to see a pic

Joyce

I have finally finished the Army graphghan :clap

Here's a pic.

DSCF0336.jpg

Now on to those RRs, plus some promised charity squares.

Joyce

Joyce, that really turned out great! You must be pretty happy with it.

Thanks BJ and Krystal. I am really happy with it. I was so not sure how to make it the size of a useable afghan, but am REALLY pleased with the outcome. Krystal, given your eye for putting things together, I appreciate your comment on the use of the gold squares.

Joyce

Hello, I am back to crochetville. :)

I just want to write a post here to keep ya all posted. I will keep you updated when I am ready to pick it up, Barb.

I didn't do anything on my diagonal blanket. Hopefully, summer will not be too hot for me to work on the projects beside school work. :yes

Archived