Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ta-da! Here are my two finished afghans for my boys....

IMG_4307_640_x_480.jpgIMG_4304_640_x_480.jpgIMG_4316_640_x_480-1.jpg

Congratulations, Laura! The afghans are both fantastic! Your boys look to be very close in age. I remember when mine were that little. There are 22 months apart, now 17 and 19. :sigh:

The Plum Granny Ripple is finally done :cheer:cheer:clap:yay:yay. I will post pics early next week. I am working Sat and Sun this week and heading for bed now.

Great Job! I'll wait until you post pics to update the first post.

LOL actually they are nearly 5 years apart (6 1/2 and 20 months) but the oldest is kinda short and the baby is a bit taller for his age. Oh well, they get along really well and love each other tons so it worked out great! And thanks for all the nice things everyone has said about the boys and their blankets!!! Yall are the best! :hug:manyheart

Beautiful!!! And very colorful!

Thanks Laura. I really wanted to stay away from pastels and they don't know the gender of the baby so, what's a girl to do but go COLORful :D

Joyce

Well I haven't been on in a long time lol. I took apart my Elvis ghan because the blue made the black look brown. I was half way done when I noticed it and being a huge Elvis fan it really bugged me. I decided to go with pink and black since they are my fave colors. Wish me luck as I start over again in the next few months. I am currently half done with the butterfly afghan and will be soon starting a Tow Mater ghan....

Hey there everyone! I'm sorry I haven't been too chatty here; but I had to leave town on family emergency and only recently arrived home. It's been crazy. :eek

Here are two of my projects, completed. One is a granny lapghan for my daughter; and the other is just a small RR for my son. I wish I had made it a bit bigger, but I probably will do so with the next RR I make for myself!!! LOL! DSCN5918.jpg

DSCN5824.jpg

For the squares I used the Lion Brand Simple Subtle Squares pattern. On the website, they used 5 colors of Jiffy yarn with a size N hook, but I used Caron One Pound with a size K hook. Its super simple and fairly quick. Only took me about a week to get it done! Can't wait to see yours!

For the squares I used the Lion Brand Simple Subtle Squares pattern. On the website, they used 5 colors of Jiffy yarn with a size N hook, but I used Caron One Pound with a size K hook. Its super simple and fairly quick. Only took me about a week to get it done! Can't wait to see yours!

Thanks for the details!!! I'm going to ask my son to choose his colors...I can't seem to get him away from just blue and white! Hopefully seeing your son and his blanket will change his mind. Thanks, again!

Sharon

Iam now working on the sweet dreams baby blanket again, I completed 2 pet blankets a while ago, but not able to post pics at the moment, have 1 more pet blanket to complete.

Then I might start working on xmas presents, want to do a wolf ghan for my step-dad and a Harry Potter ghan for my mum, and a blanket for my sister.

Not sure if I will do all of those yet, it might be taking too much on, will see how much time I have once I have all my WIP's finished.

Hey there everyone! I'm sorry I haven't been too chatty here; but I had to leave town on family emergency and only recently arrived home. It's been crazy. :eek

Here are two of my projects, completed. One is a granny lapghan for my daughter; and the other is just a small RR for my son. I wish I had made it a bit bigger, but I probably will do so with the next RR I make for myself!!! LOL! DSCN5918.jpg

DSCN5824.jpg

Laura,

Love your afghans! What pattern did you use for the Squares afghan? My 7 yr old would really love that afghan.

Thanks,

Sharon

Here is a afghan I just finished today. The color of the multi colored yarn is Red Hearts Earth and Sky.

th_Picture408.jpg

WOW!!!!! They ALL look fantastic, good job everybody:cheer

The baby rings blanket is FINALLY finished. I'm glad to move along. Here's a photo

DSCF0044.jpg

Joyce

Wow! I don't think I'd ever attempt that. You did a great job!

Well I haven't been on in a long time lol. I took apart my Elvis ghan because the blue made the black look brown. I was half way done when I noticed it and being a huge Elvis fan it really bugged me. I decided to go with pink and black since they are my fave colors. Wish me luck as I start over again in the next few months. I am currently half done with the butterfly afghan and will be soon starting a Tow Mater ghan....

Sorry to hear about you Elvis afghan. I'll get the Tow Mater added. What is that?

DSCN5824.jpg

Great job! :cheer

I'd love to join. I have 2 grannies to do, 2 baby afghans started, and a granny square graduation afghan going ask we chat :lol

Hi! Welcome to the CAL. I'll get you projects added to the first post. Please check back in as often as possible to let us know how you're progressing.

Here is a pic of my Butter fly afghan.....phpzcfl1mAM.jpg

That's fantastic!

:yay

Archived