Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

I finished my green and pink blanket. Well mostly... Now it's just the end weaving, but it's finished enough for me to mark it off of the list! Just ignore the white ends on the front. I'm a forth of the way through weaving in ends but since it's not something on the top of my list, it's getting done very slowly.

2383833003_bc406f8b02.jpg

That's very pretty!

Joyce

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ARGH. SO, I noticed that my mile-a-minute panels on the Baby Rings afghan arent' lining up this a.m. I ripped one joining out and have it repinned to re-whip stitch and then I have a second to rip out. please cross your fingers that it's just the two ends that are a problem. Please?!?!

Oh no!! I hope that its a real quick fix for you!!! Kiwi and Dreams ~ love your afghans. Those neons really pop! And Dreams you've been really busy lately! I managed to get my first panel of my son's afghan! Yay!

Oh no!! I hope that its a real quick fix for you!!! Kiwi and Dreams ~ love your afghans. Those neons really pop! And Dreams you've been really busy lately! I managed to get my first panel of my son's afghan! Yay!

Thank You!

Yep, I've been real busy with hook and yarn. Being on bed rest for so long gives me lots and lots of 'free time'. I'd go bonkers without my crochet.

I go back to the Doctor this morning. Hopefully I will be put on partial bedrest but I don't think that will happen. I seem to be the same, if not a little worse.

I have decided to finish my Yellow and Blue ebay afghan early. I'm going to try to start a prayer shawl ministry. There is a lady I knw who is in need of one immediately and although this is wider than necessary I think it would make a nice prayer shawl. I'd really like to try to get it finished today.

I finished my green and pink blanket. Well mostly... Now it's just the end weaving, but it's finished enough for me to mark it off of the list! Just ignore the white ends on the front. I'm a forth of the way through weaving in ends but since it's not something on the top of my list, it's getting done very slowly.

That is so fun!! Congrats on a great job!

ARGH. SO, I noticed that my mile-a-minute panels on the Baby Rings afghan arent' lining up this a.m. I ripped one joining out and have it repinned to re-whip stitch and then I have a second to rip out. please cross your fingers that it's just the two ends that are a problem. Please?!?!

That looks like a very complicated project, Joyce. I wish you luck with it. It's going to be pretty fantastic when you're finished!

Can you tell me which one on the list in the first post this one is, please?

That's going to be gorgeous!

Joyce

YAY! I'm making progress!

Here's the Striped Cable Afghan I've started:

StripedCableAfghan2.jpg

I haven't actually finished a full stripe yet, but I really wanted to attach them together so that I could see how the finished product would look. It's a little harder to crochet the stripes now that they've been put together (my yarn gets crossed!) but it's worth it to see it all coming together. I enjoy a challenge!

I'm really liking this project so far. Now that I've memorized the steps to the pattern, it's going much quicker. But, it's still going to take quite a while before this fits my queen sized bed!

-Stacia

Thanks for your encouragement all. I am not going to getting around to the fixing until Sunday (MAYBE Saturday) as I am working second shift this week and I just don't have the time before I got into work. I'll keep ya' posted

Joyce

I have 3 afghans-in-progress and I am bored with all three! Maybe if I join here I will get motivated to finish them? My goal is to definitely finish the one this spring. I may frog the other and the 3rd will be years to finish as it is tiny squares.

I LOVE the colours that you are using in this afghan. I think pink and green go so well together - and the purple and white just bring it together so well. Lovely and bright.

I have 3 afghans-in-progress and I am bored with all three! Maybe if I join here I will get motivated to finish them? My goal is to definitely finish the one this spring. I may frog the other and the 3rd will be years to finish as it is tiny squares.

You're welcome to join in. I'll just need to know how many you'll definitely be joining with and the names of your afghans.

Kiwikitty, I like your granny. I've found, for myself, that if I weave the ends in as I go I'm not as frustrated at the end. I hate weaving ends myself, but, since, I like the way the different granny ghans look I do it that way.

I don't get as many squares done each day, but, I only have to weave in the ends that I use to sew them together when I'm done.

Everyone's ghans are so pretty. I have made a little more progress on the Plum ripple ghan so I should be able to post a finish pic by next week.

Well, I frogged three strips of my MAM afghan, am going to use the 'sunrise sunset' pattern from Caron (free) to make the blankie for my friend's daughter, Olivia. I'll post a picture when I get some done. (Barb, this is not new). But I did start a 'rainbow rows' for my daughter's friend, Calla, which I don't think you have. :)

***deb***

I love this pattern. Could you share where you got the pattern. Thanks

Raelynn,

The pattern I'm using is actually a scarf pattern. It's the "Aran Isles Muffler" from the book Encyclopedia of Crochet by Donna Kooler. I'm making a bunch of scarves that are the length of my bed and then joining the sides of them together with single crochet.

-Stacia

Well, I frogged three strips of my MAM afghan, am going to use the 'sunrise sunset' pattern from Caron (free) to make the blankie for my friend's daughter, Olivia. I'll post a picture when I get some done. (Barb, this is not new). But I did start a 'rainbow rows' for my daughter's friend, Calla, which I don't think you have. :)

***deb***

Got it, Deb

Hooray! Since my son was so accomadating letting me switch afghan patterns, I really worked hard to get it done ASAP for him. Today I finished the last panel, so tonight and tomorrow all I have to do is put the 7 panels together!!!! So now I am off to join the panels so that I can have it washed and on his bed tomorrow when he gets home from school as a surprise! :yay

Hooray! Since my son was so accomadating letting me switch afghan patterns, I really worked hard to get it done ASAP for him. Today I finished the last panel, so tonight and tomorrow all I have to do is put the 7 panels together!!!! So now I am off to join the panels so that I can have it washed and on his bed tomorrow when he gets home from school as a surprise! :yay

Wonderful!

Its finished! The Subtle Squares afghan is done! It will be on my patient boy's bed tomorrow after school...........the weaving in of the ends took longer than expected but its in the wash now, and I'll post pictures tomorrow so that I get his expression! He's gonna be soooooooo surprised! :woo

Congrats Laura. I can't wait to see pics. I have two more panels for my baby rings afghan to finish (The rings are all done) and then I'll be posting a finished pic.

Joyce

Can't wait to see pics

Sue

Its finished! The Subtle Squares afghan is done! It will be on my patient boy's bed tomorrow after school...........the weaving in of the ends took longer than expected but its in the wash now, and I'll post pictures tomorrow so that I get his expression! He's gonna be soooooooo surprised! :woo

Archived