Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

I am making slow but steady progress on my DS's 2 strander. I have used almost 4 skeins of yarn so far. I am just about out of the blue again, so I will have to pick some more up. I hope Hobby Lobby has it in stock or it will have to get put on hold again.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Gang!!!

Barb can you put me on the list for this afghan

Here's the progress so far,,it's 48" wide and about 25" so far.

p><p>It

It's going to be at least 5'.

Someday:P

I'll get it added. Looking great already!

I have set the hexagons aside...I was promoted and have NO time, my daughter has several afghans already and is willing to wait...I have to finish my dad's ripple, LB suede, blue, and my mom's shawl, joann's sensation, blue&white, and the Prairie Star for my sister. Sorry, I will keep in touch when I can.

Congratulations on your promotion! :yay You're afghan will be here waiting for you when you get time to get back to it. ;)

I am making slow but steady progress on my DS's 2 strander. I have used almost 4 skeins of yarn so far. I am just about out of the blue again, so I will have to pick some more up. I hope Hobby Lobby has it in stock or it will have to get put on hold again.

The Victorian afghan I'm working on didn't call for using 2 strands but I decided to anyway. I'm glad I did but, yeah, it really uses up the yarn.

Another one bites the dust! Here it is :clap

WebghanJan08_edited.jpg

This officially completes all the afghans I have listed in the 1st post :yay

But......... alas........ I have another to add :yes

It's from 40 Favorite Ripple Afghans........ the "Aztec Sun"

I am using RH WW soft white & Monet. It's a three day weekend so I should get close to finishing my Monday.

WebghanJan08_edited.jpg

I am using RH WW soft white & Monet. It's a three day weekend so I should get close to finishing my Monday.

Great Job....I love it.....

Deb.

Thanks Barb for adding the quickie ripple to the list. It's pretty fun-going fast.

:clapDavaJ- That is a neat afghan,, I'm with candy4271,,What's that yarn??

Wish I lived closer to the cool yarn stores.

candy4271- Your spiderman is a knockout !! that's quite a list you got through. :yay

WebghanJan08_edited.jpg

Wow! That's fantastic! Who's going to be the delighted recipient of this wonderful creation?

I'll update the first post.

webpic.jpg

Got it done........:cheer

I agree with Candy about the colors on this. Beautiful! I'll update the first post.

Wow! That's fantastic! Who's going to be the delighted recipient of this wonderful creation?

I'll update the first post. quote]

This one is for my nephew..... he's a "super hero junkie" :yes

I'll update the first post. quote]

This one is for my nephew..... he's a "super hero junkie" :yes

My 17 year old likes the new Spiderman movies too.

I finally finished what was supposed to be a MAM afghan! :clap

Here's a picture of it:

MAMafghanfordaughtersdanceteache-1.jpg?t

Now I'm finishing up a 'basket weave' UFO, making a grey/black lapghan, and a baby afghan.

Deb

I finally finished what was supposed to be a MAM afghan! :clap

Here's a picture of it:

MAMafghanfordaughtersdanceteache-1.jpg?t

Now I'm finishing up a 'basket weave' UFO, making a grey/black lapghan, and a baby afghan.

Deb

That looks so cuddly! And what a lovely lady you are! :) I'll update the first post. Congrats on your completion! :yay

thank you all so much....:D

I used Bernat Masala.... Self Stripping ...... U can by the yarn online. I buy alot of my yarn online. With the cost of gas.. Much cheaper to just order on line...

I am going to make a green one too. but right now I am working on a beach bag for my sons girlfriend.

Can I sign up? I've tried to join so many CAL's here but never seem to get with the program! I am diligently working on a Vintage Vertical Stripe Afghan right now.

Plans for other afghans are running through my head right now but I am not making any committments right now.

Can I sign up? I've tried to join so many CAL's here but never seem to get with the program! I am diligently working on a Vintage Vertical Stripe Afghan right now.

Plans for other afghans are running through my head right now but I am not making any committments right now.

Hello! And welcome to the CAL! :yay

I'll add your name and project to the first post. A few CAL suggestions:

~ Come by as often as possible and post your progress or even lack of progress ;)

~ Pop in occassionally to encourage others on their projects or perhaps even give some advice.

~ If for some reason you decide to not complete this afghan let me know and I'll take it off the list.

~ Once your project is complete post back to let us know. If you have pics to share that's great! I will update the first post with a COMPLETED! by your name and a link to your photo if provided.

Welcome aboard!

That looks so cuddly! And what a lovely lady you are! :) I'll update the first post. Congrats on your completion! :yay

Nope, that's the recipient in the picture, but she is pretty, isn't she?

It is a warm and cuddly blanket!

Thanks, everyone!

Thanks for adding my name to the list Barbara Jean! I'm happy to be here! Last night around 6:30 my husband came in with a stack of firewood. Well- you know that I just had to plop myself on the couch and crochet for the rest of the night! 4 rows on my VVS :cheer

I was happy!

Hello! Barbara Jean, I've completed my "Vanna's Crocheted Squares Afghan". :clap

It turned out rather small. If anyone is thinking about doing this afghan I would suggest buying more yarn, because I did not have enough to do the edging suggested in the pattern, and I would add another row of squares in each direction for a normal adult-sized afghan. I used the colors suggested in the pattern, and they do look really pretty together.

Thanks for the support! It helped keep me from stalling on my afghan project!:yes

Archived