Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

i like all the things people have finished and posted! they all look great :) i finally finished my Popcorn ripple and will post a pic in a day or so..am now doing 3 star ghans for my 2 kids and my niece for christmas presents....after i finish them i think i am going to take a break for awhile but not sure yet (depends on if i find more patterns or not)!! hope everyone is staying warm!!

I finished the diagonal baby blanket...washed it and have a few ends to weave in...will take pics when I get home from taking daughter's senior pictures today. Next project, finish pink Kooky(rh) babyghan, finish round ripple in Homespun, and Quilt inspired (looks like a log cabin pattern) with scraps. Pink ghan is 95% done, rrhomespun is 75% done and log cabin is just begun...thanks.

Should I go ahead and put COMPLETED! by those items or wait until you post a pic?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, im finally posting a pic of the popcorn ripple..sorry it took so long to post, lost the camera again! this afghan was super hard to start and then once i kinda re-wrote the pattern it was easy, its a full-size ghan but i had to fold it in half to get a good pic!

allens.jpg

please put completed on this, Anna had a baby boy, 7 lbs...yahoo, picture coming soon.

blanket002.jpg

blanket003.jpg

blanket001.jpg

Oh, your diagonal ripple is so pretty! It looks delicate!

Congrats! I'll update the first post.

ok, im finally posting a pic of the popcorn ripple..sorry it took so long to post, lost the camera again! this afghan was super hard to start and then once i kinda re-wrote the pattern it was easy, its a full-size ghan but i had to fold it in half to get a good pic!

allens.jpg

You need some type of sensor on that camera to track it. :lol I hate when I can't find mine.

I saw a pattern for a popcorn ripple a while back and thought I'd like to try it. Now I know I do! Yours is beautiful! :cheer

So you say it difficult? Or was it just a poorly written pattern?

I'll get the first post updated.

yes, i think i do need some tracking device on my camera lol..i couldn't find it again yesterday when i wanted to take pics of my son's snowmen..but finally found it..can't wait to get the kids their own so they will leave mine alone! :lol

about the pattern, they left out a few stitches in one row and put in extra stitchs in another row..it took me several hours to figure out what was wrong but after i figured it out everything went smooth, just got to make sure the popcorns line up..but for all the aggravation in the beginning it was still a great ghan to do, and the lady i gave it to said it was so elegant so i guess a little aggravation was worth it all! :)

My next one is a grannie made with hexagons for my daughter...

hexagons001.jpg 16 of these little buggers, and with 2 more colors, the next color she picked out was a plum purple...I don't know but as long as she likes it...

hexagons001.jpg 16 of these little buggers, and with 2 more colors, the next color she picked out was a plum purple...I don't know but as long as she likes it...

Kids can pick out some "hummer of a color" afghans, can't they? LOL

Looks like that's going to be a great one too. I'll add it to the list. :clap

I'm REALLY REALLY sorry I haven't posted for so long, but at this point (abt 50/61) I just don't want to see another mint green hexagon in my LIFE! I think it will end up being a birthday present (her birthday's in October).

:lol That gives you over a year to finish it. Maybe you can put it up for a while and work on something else.

Wow, I've not been around quite a while. I moved onto other projects and put my hooks down for quite a while. The two baby blankets I have listed I've really set aside. I started an afghan for myself and that's about finished. I'll then move onto a rose-themed afghan for my sister's MIL and then an Army graph ghan for a friend's son. If you want to add those, I'll try to get back to checking in here.

Thanks for checking in BarbaraJean. Sorry I've been so absent.:(

Joyce

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile...I've really been lurking around and not posting because I was in a kind of crochet slump. Oh well...the good thing is that there is a new girl at work that is starting to crochet and she has me help her, so that got me motivated to start a new blanket and to tackle some of the WIPs.

I actually started a new blanket called Psychedilic Wave. I'm over half way through with it so I'll try to post a picture soon.

Happy New Year, Everyone!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! I haven't been around much the past couples of weeks with family and the holiday keeping me occupied. I have finished 95% of my Spiderghan I "should" finish this week.....it was supposed to be a Christmas present, but everything got in the wasy. :blush

BarbaraJean can you please add a 2-stranded giant granny to my list? I started on it last week....... hopefully I can complete 2 ghans before the end of the week.

Everyone be safe tonight!

I am still working on my pink/purple hexagon blanket for my daughter... haven't even started joining together yet...thou the pink is almost done and a couple have the plum color already, (i got bored with pink). I will try to post pics early jan when I have more accomplished...thanks.

Barb -- Thanks for the PM, it has motivated me to pick that Vanna afghan up again. I've been in a ear flap hat making frenzy, but I ready to resume my ghan again, and I'm about 75% done with it.

Krystal -- Your lacy chevrons is one of the most beautiful afghans I've seen. You have a real eye for color! :manyheart

Kim - the funny thing is that I am trying to raffle it off, and no one seems to like it enough to buy tickets... I thought the colors were good, too... but who knows?

Krystal, some people are intimidated by color. I personally LOVE it and wish I lived near enough to buy raffle tix for it!

Joyce

Joyce, I am raffling it off on a garden site, but I have taken tickets from other 'Villers for it.

http://forums.gardeningclub.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/98310065011/m/51510999241

Here is the link - you will be able to read it but not post, I believe.

If you want tickets, you can PM me. All the info about the raffle should be there. I'm going to close it soon, even though I haven't had many tickets sold. Just let me know.

Archived