Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

I have just finished reading all the posts and as I have a couple of afghans that won't fit in to the other threads I am in I would love to have the encouragement from you all here.

I am currently working on a diagonal baby blanket in Bernat Softee Baby, Baby Denim Marl, with a K hook. I have about a foot (across what will be the bottom of the blanket) done so far and my coworker's son is due December 12. I am hoping that he is a cooperative little guy and doesn't come before his due date.

Hello All,

I too have an afghan that won't fit into any other CAL. Could I join too? I am making a Log Cabin Afghan from Lion Brand. I don't know exactly if I love it but DH picked it out and the colors are iffy. Well oh well at least it will keep him warm no matter how ugly it is. :manyheart Can't wait to see everyone's creations. :hook

Hi! I'll add your name and your project to the first post. Please keep us updated on your progress. When it is complete post back to let us know and I will post (COMPLETED!) by your name and a link to your pics if provided.

Also, there is a CAL button in the first post if you would like to use it on your blog, myspace or web site.

Welcome! Looking forward to chatting with you about your afghan.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone !!:hi

I haven't checked in for about 5 months - all because of work constraints - it has been a really rough go and it still is but at least it is not as bad as it was.

As a result, I have not picked up my hook in a really long time but things are seeming to slow down a bit and now that the weather is colder, I really, really want to finish my afghan (it is still listed there on page 1 - The Breast Cancer Awareness Afghan).

I intended to make it for a friend's b-day, which has come and gone :eek but since Christmas is coming up, I decided I needed to finish it and give it to her. I still have quite a ways to go and not sure that I will finish it in time so definetly need to get back to joining all of you.

Everyone's afghans are simple beautiful - I love seeing all the progress everyone made since I was last here and seeing all the new ladies who have joined us.

I'm glad to finally be back!!

Hello All,

BarbaraJean - I hope it is ok but I couldn't get over how ugly my Log Cabin afghan was so I decided to do a different one.

I have already started a new Ripple Afghan for my DH it is a Ripple afghan. I don't have a pattern for it I am just taking the Ripple bag pattern much bigger and having 4 colors.

crazyboutcrochet - That is a beautiful blanket. Great job.:clap

Today is post day? Can't wait to see everyone's progress.:manyheart Will be back during kids nap times.

Alright, Barbara Jean - add me in AGAIN. I am doing an afghan called "Lacy Chevrons" that is in a booklet I have. I just started the foundation row. I'll post a pic when it looks like something other than a line of yarn.

It will be a comfortghan for a friend who is losing her husband.

Hi everyone !!:hi

I haven't checked in for about 5 months - all because of work constraints - it has been a really rough go and it still is but at least it is not as bad as it was.

As a result, I have not picked up my hook in a really long time but things are seeming to slow down a bit and now that the weather is colder, I really, really want to finish my afghan (it is still listed there on page 1 - The Breast Cancer Awareness Afghan).

I intended to make it for a friend's b-day, which has come and gone :eek but since Christmas is coming up, I decided I needed to finish it and give it to her. I still have quite a ways to go and not sure that I will finish it in time so definetly need to get back to joining all of you.

Everyone's afghans are simple beautiful - I love seeing all the progress everyone made since I was last here and seeing all the new ladies who have joined us.

I'm glad to finally be back!!

Delighted to see you back! Pop in here when you're needing a little extra push. ;)

Hello All,

BarbaraJean - I hope it is ok but I couldn't get over how ugly my Log Cabin afghan was so I decided to do a different one.

I have already started a new Ripple Afghan for my DH it is a Ripple afghan. I don't have a pattern for it I am just taking the Ripple bag pattern much bigger and having 4 colors.

Today is post day? Can't wait to see everyone's progress.:manyheart Will be back during kids nap times.

No problem, I'll switch it for you. :) And we don't have an official post day here. We just try to get back here as often as possible.

Alright, Barbara Jean - add me in AGAIN. I am doing an afghan called "Lacy Chevrons" that is in a booklet I have. I just started the foundation row. I'll post a pic when it looks like something other than a line of yarn.

It will be a comfortghan for a friend who is losing her husband.

Good to see you again, Krystal. I'll add your afghan. What a wonderful thing to do. I hope it brings your friend a measure of comfort.

Linxiscomfy004.jpg

Linxiscomfy003.jpg?t=1194668223

Here is the diagonal so far... 21 inches :yes.

Looking good! I've never tried a diagonal before. I've saved a few patterns though because I'd like to.

BarbaraJean, can I join in? I'm working on a V stitch baby afghan. :) I'll post pics of the WIP when I get the camera batteries charged up again.

Absolutely! We just ask that you post back occassionally to update on your progress. I'll add your name to the first post. When you've completed your afghan let us know and I'll add (COMPLETED!) by your project and post a link to your pics if provided.

Welcome!

What a beautiful afghan! Where did you get the pattern for this one? I have a special baby afghan to make and this would be perfect. You did such a good job!

quote=DavaJ;957101]Sorry, I haven't been in for awhile. I hope you all are doing well. I have a photo of the baby gan. All done. Hope you all like it. Circle of love.

Webpicblanket.jpg

Don't remember who I ordered this from but anyways here is the name of the booklet that I got it from:

Knit and Crochet for Baby

Baby Snugglers

Art. J17 Book 0702

by coats and clark

But you could try Annies Attic, Herrschners, Joanns,....

Happy Crocheting...:yay

hi all! i just thought i would jump in here and give an update on my ghans.. i finished my round ripple one (will post a pic once i find the camera, my husband hid it from the kids and now i can't find it lol)..i've only got a few more rows left on the star ghan and i totally frogged the regular ripple and instead of doing that one i'm now doing one called a Popcorn Ripple that i found on a site, i'm almost half way done with it. will post pics soon and i love all the pics people have posted of theirs!!

Well, my friends baby was born yesterday, and I finished the blanket today.:clap So it will be into the washer tonight and gifted tomorrow (hopefully :D). This is my first self designed crochet project, absolutely no pattern. :yes

babyblktblugrnNov07.jpgbabyblktblugrnNov07closeup.jpg

hi all! i just thought i would jump in here and give an update on my ghans.. i finished my round ripple one (will post a pic once i find the camera, my husband hid it from the kids and now i can't find it lol)..i've only got a few more rows left on the star ghan and i totally frogged the regular ripple and instead of doing that one i'm now doing one called a Popcorn Ripple that i found on a site, i'm almost half way done with it. will post pics soon and i love all the pics people have posted of theirs!!

:D I'm always putting things in a perfectly safe place so that I'll know where to find it when I need it - then I forget where the "safe place" is.

I'll update the first post by changing the ripple to a popcorn ripple.

Well, my friends baby was born yesterday, and I finished the blanket today.:clap So it will be into the washer tonight and gifted tomorrow (hopefully :D). This is my first self designed crochet project, absolutely no pattern. :yes

babyblktblugrnNov07.jpgbabyblktblugrnNov07closeup.jpg

Very nice! Those colors are great together! I'll update the first post. :clap

I was all over it this weekend! I completed the Vintage Vertical Stripe last night, after I completed the baby blanket :yay

VerticalStripeNov07.jpg

Candy, that's beautiful! Such cheerful colors! You must be pretty happy with it! I'll updat the first post.

Archived