Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And how to you get the raised effect?

The background is Stockinette stitch, whereas the design is plain knit. Can't really explain it that well :blush

Finished two more! :clap

th_misc.pics001-1.jpg

Hope square in Green/white (these are so fast and easy!)

th_misc.pics005.jpg

A kind of lopsided experimental granny square :think Why is it lopsided...?

Clickable pictures!

6/54

One-color granny squares are sort of wacky, I've found. I try to avoid them. I always have trouble with joining the rounds and starting the next round. I'm going to have to figure out a good way to do it, because I'm designing a Granny-Variant afghan for 'Pas de Crochet'.

The background is Stockinette stitch, whereas the design is plain knit. Can't really explain it that well :blush

Finished two more! :clap

th_misc.pics001-1.jpg

Hope square in Green/white (these are so fast and easy!)

th_misc.pics005.jpg

A kind of lopsided experimental granny square :think Why is it lopsided...?

Clickable pictures!

6/54

I love that green and white together!

I really like the lopsided square too. ;) Could you have miscounted on the one side? Having too few stitches would cause it to pull on one side. It will probably pull straight though once it is joined to another square because it doesn't appear to be off by much.

Oh, and I'll be starting a new afghan. A close friend is going to have her first baby so I want something really special for her. This is what I made for her sister-in-law.

gift4karen1reduced.jpg

Sorry, I haven't been in for awhile. I hope you all are doing well. I have a photo of the baby gan. All done. Hope you all like it. Circle of love.

Webpicblanket.jpg

And this one I made for our grand-daughter:

websmall2.jpg

Thought I would share it even though I didn't add it to this cal.... :)

Sorry, I haven't been in for awhile. I hope you all are doing well. I have a photo of the baby gan. All done. Hope you all like it. Circle of love.

Webpicblanket.jpg

And this one I made for our grand-daughter:

websmall2.jpg

Thought I would share it even though I didn't add it to this cal.... :)

The first one is gorgeous and the second looks incredibly soft! Great job!

Thanks so much Barb.

Everyone has been so busy and its so nice to see all the finished ones in a pic. Have an awesome crocheting week.

Deb :)

Barbara Jean - Here is a picture of my Christening Ghan... I forgot to post the pic here...

th_doilyghan092907B.jpg

th_doilyghan092907.jpg

WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely gorgeous!!! :manyheart I LOVE IT!!! Tell us all about it...please :)

Pattern, yarn, hook? Beautiful!

Barbara Jean - Here is a picture of my Christening Ghan... I forgot to post the pic here...

th_doilyghan092907B.jpg

th_doilyghan092907.jpg

Krystal, I've updated the first post. Generally, I link the COMPLETED! to the post in this thread with the picture but I linked yours to your Show And Tell thread because I'm sure many who look at the pics will want your information.

Say, I don't suppose I could join? I'm currently working on the Branches and Bobbles Afghan. It's a kit I received for Christmas last year. I've been working on it off and on since June, but I'm poking along, because:

a) Brick Red is NOT a color I would have picked out for myself. However, in looking around, I think it will go okay on the sofa in the living room.

b) The "Bobbles" and "branches" portions of this are killing my tendonitis-ridden arm, so I can only manage 2 rows at a time.

c) The rest of it is sc (can you say ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz????? I thought so)

Anyway, it might be nice to have a crochet along to drop in on to report progress and cheer on others.

I am all but done with the Grande Squares Afghan. I modified it as I was going of course. I just couldn't stand doing one more square. So I put a fall leaf border on the outside to add some width to it. I'll show pics as soon as I'm done. Hopefully today!

biz

nope, it was a surprise....sorry

A nice surprise! It's great!

Say, I don't suppose I could join? I'm currently working on the Branches and Bobbles Afghan. It's a kit I received for Christmas last year. I've been working on it off and on since June, but I'm poking along, because:

a) Brick Red is NOT a color I would have picked out for myself. However, in looking around, I think it will go okay on the sofa in the living room.

b) The "Bobbles" and "branches" portions of this are killing my tendonitis-ridden arm, so I can only manage 2 rows at a time.

c) The rest of it is sc (can you say ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz????? I thought so)

Anyway, it might be nice to have a crochet along to drop in on to report progress and cheer on others.

LOL Yes, I just finished a sc afghan (Green and White Leaf Afghan). It's very slow progress, isn't it?

I'll add your name and afghan to the first post. We just ask that you pop in occassionally and report your progress or lack of it. ;) When you've completed it come back and let us know, post pics if possible and we'll update the thread to show your afghan completed.

Welcome!

I am all but done with the Grande Squares Afghan. I modified it as I was going of course. I just couldn't stand doing one more square. So I put a fall leaf border on the outside to add some width to it. I'll show pics as soon as I'm done. Hopefully today!

biz

Looking forward to pics! :yay

Was away for two weeks and made this afghan,,didn't sign up before leaving:no . anyhow it's for a neighbor boy.

I also did two grannies in the same colors for his two little brothers,,, done with these colors for awhile.:eek

p><p>It

http://www.crochetcabana.com/stitches/diag-box-st.htm

Thanks for lookin" :hook I'm off to the scarf cal for a bit

:cheer Everyones afghans are so beautiful:c9

Thanks so much for including me...

Well, I'm still slogging along with my two rows at a time. I'm almost finished with another WIP, though, so I'm hoping to get more done on the afghan between now and Christmas. Ideally, I'd like to be able to have it out on the sofa during the holidays, seeing as it's red.

I'll try to post pictures of my progress, but I haven't quite figured out yet how you all manage to get pictures included in your posts...

Was away for two weeks and made this afghan,,didn't sign up before leaving:no . anyhow it's for a neighbor boy.

I also did two grannies in the same colors for his two little brothers,,, done with these colors for awhile.:eek

p><p>It

http://www.crochetcabana.com/stitches/diag-box-st.htm

Thanks for lookin" :hook I'm off to the scarf cal for a bit

:cheer Everyones afghans are so beautiful:c9

Wow...the colors just kinda reach out and grab ya, don't they?! Nice Job!

I'll try to post pictures of my progress, but I haven't quite figured out yet how you all manage to get pictures included in your posts...

Resize your picture using something like Microsoft Picture Manger. Then upload it to photobucket.com (You set up an account for free). Then you copy the IMG code and paste it here. :D

More updates... finished two more!

Square number 7... I winged this one, started on a pattern but frogged that and just made this one up! I call it 'Harvest Moon'... the center looks like a full moon and the varigated yarn reminds me of a dying garden...time to harvest :D I really like how it turned out and I'll be making more after I try writing up the pattern so I don't forget...

th_IMG_2680.jpg

Click

And this one has a meaning behind it.... see my DM had told her roommates in collage that she would marry the first man to give her a dozen red roses instead of the yellow/white/etc roses she had been receiving. So, by some strange coincidence, DF ended up sending her a dozen red roses while they were dating. So I found this square (actually the American Pie square, I altered it :hook) and thought it was perfect :c9 I think this is my favorite so far, I love the colors :D

th_IMG_2682.jpg

Click

8/54

Haven't posted in forever and ever, but I did finish Ghan #2 out of the 4 I'm working on. This one is the Paton's Divine throw. It's so soft.

Everyone's stuff looks amazing!

1473689483_2358833fd3.jpg?v=0

Beautiful! I see your baby loves it too!

More updates... finished two more!

Square number 7... I winged this one, started on a pattern but frogged that and just made this one up! I call it 'Harvest Moon'... the center looks like a full moon and the varigated yarn reminds me of a dying garden...time to harvest :D I really like how it turned out and I'll be making more after I try writing up the pattern so I don't forget...

th_IMG_2680.jpg

Click

And this one has a meaning behind it.... see my DM had told her roommates in collage that she would marry the first man to give her a dozen red roses instead of the yellow/white/etc roses she had been receiving. So, by some strange coincidence, DF ended up sending her a dozen red roses while they were dating. So I found this square (actually the American Pie square, I altered it :hook) and thought it was perfect :c9 I think this is my favorite so far, I love the colors :D

th_IMG_2682.jpg

Click

8/54

great job! I can't wait to see how that looks all together.

Archived