Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Candy, I love your Shocking Pink ripple afghan. I just happen to be using the Bon Bon Candy Variegated in my afghan now. I love that yarn color. Your afghan is so pretty and colorful. You daughter is going to love it.

I'm going to make two afghans from the Herschnerr's blue ribbon afghan book as christmas presents. I'm making the Pinwheel afghan and the Cowboy Blues afghan.

Has anybody seen the 'more herrschnerr's blue ribbon afghans' book? I just saw it at Joann's. It's got some really stunning stuff in it.

Last night I finally put the last of the fringe on the blanket for my neice. I'm done!! :c9

I can't believe how long it took to do this. I've been working on it on and off since December. :eek It's just one of those patterns that works up slow even though it looks like it would be fast.

Here's the finished product. Now I just need to get an address to mail it to her at grad school.

IMG_0551.jpg

For my diagonal texture blanket - did few rows in new color - this time deep sky blue. I do this blanket while I watch tv which is not often. Once I finish this color, I will take a pic, probably end of this month.

I apologize for not checking in more often. We've been busy getting our first son ready to go away to college.

Last night I finally put the last of the fringe on the blanket for my neice. I'm done!! :c9

I can't believe how long it took to do this. I've been working on it on and off since December. :eek It's just one of those patterns that works up slow even though it looks like it would be fast.

Here's the finished product. Now I just need to get an address to mail it to her at grad school.

IMG_0551.jpg

That is sooo pretty! I know she's going to love it! I'll update the first post to show that it's completed. Congratulations!

For my diagonal texture blanket - did few rows in new color - this time deep sky blue. I do this blanket while I watch tv which is not often. Once I finish this color, I will take a pic, probably end of this month.

Looking forward to seeing your pics. :yes

Hi lannoe! Welcome to C'ville!

It's not too late. Happy to have you.

Post back with the name of your afghans and I'll add your name and projects to the first post. Pop in whenever you can and report on your progress. I'll add "COMPLETED!" with a link to pics (if provided) of your project when you are finished.

There is a CAL button in the first post if you would like to use it for your blog, MySpace, etc.

I finished the sky blue part of my diagonal blanket. I uploaded the pic to the computer other day. I am waiting on a better time to take more pictures and upload on computer. I believe I will share the diagonal blanket picture on this thread. (At least the lastest update as it will be a while before I can finish this blanket)

I'm almost done the baby blanket I've been working on. Just a few more rows of the edging left. :yay I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to post the pictures though!

I sewed all the squares this weekend that I had made for my Zinna afghan. I have over 1/2 of it done now with all the squares put together. What a job!!!!:eek :eek :eek There are a lot of 3" squares.....but I made it through the sewing for now until I get more squares crocheted.:clap :clap

I was so lucky to have the whole house to myself on Saturday. I did laundry and house cleaning and I made some cards for Thanksgiving as well as the sewing and crocheting. I accomplished so much....of course...I had my Aerosmith CD's blasting so I got through the housework quickly. lol

I started a new afghan this weekend (well, a few new afghans, I must be out of my mind:loco )! Anyway, I'm using rh in a blue and brown camo color. I couldn't really find any patterns that looked nice when worked up in that color so I'm just doing a basic sc, ch 1, repeat. It's actually working up really nice though.

Does anyone know of any patterns that look nice with the variagated colors? Please let me know!!!

Does anyone know of any patterns that look nice with the variagated colors? Please let me know!!!

You know what? The zinnia afghan I am working on now is with some variegated yarn. I am using Bon Bon. It is so pretty. I saw a pattern that was a ripple that used the camo colored variagated that I want to make for my husband for hunting season. I have to look in my book and post which one it is in. I would love to see yours.

Did more rows of white on diagonal blanket. It feels soothing doing this blanket, kinda meditative while watching tv. I think it become one of my favorite crochet projects. :yes

I love the basketweave blanket! What is the pattern, littlewriter?

I've been a bit absent from this thread, but I finally finished my afghan for my boyfriend and I gave it to him yesterday! You can see my post about it here.

I love the way that came out! the colors are great! How big did it end up? I'm sure he will love having it to snuggle under while he is away:cheer:cheer:cheer

I've been a bit absent from this thread, but I finally finished my afghan for my boyfriend and I gave it to him yesterday! You can see my post about it here.

That's beautiful! I can definitaly see how you would now hate the basketweave stitch! It came out so nice though, really worth the effort! Job very well done!:clap

Archived