Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

Since I am lucky to be one of the testers for Vonnie's Travelghan, I thought I would list it here....

What I have so far

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/crochetk/melannie-1.jpg

I just started it last night but went to bed really early (8 PM) because I was seeing double and haven't been sleeping good for the past couple of nights.....crochet on the brain!

Thats very pretty. Ive added it to the list. How are you doing on the pink one?

:cheer I'M FINISHED :cheer

And this time I really AM finished!!

Congratulations!! Do we get a finished pic?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BarbaraJean - Can you change the name of the new baby afghan I'm doing. It's called Simply Beautiful.

I didn't like how the other one was turning out so I frogged it and picked a different pattern. This one is coming out much better. :hook

Here is a picture of my Daisy Delight finished July 7, 2007. It is from "A Year of Afghans 1999" Page 70.

100_1772.jpg

I collect Boyds Bears and this Bear is from the Daiseydew collection that I have displayed in my dining room during the summer. Thanks for letting me share.

BarbaraJean - Can you change the name of the new baby afghan I'm doing. It's called Simply Beautiful.

I didn't like how the other one was turning out so I frogged it and picked a different pattern. This one is coming out much better. :hook

Sure!

Hi Barbara Jean! The "pink" afghan is actually green but I put it on hold for a bit while I test the travelghan....and I have to find my J hook....

Okay, I’ll change pink to green and leave it there until you get back to work on it.

Here is a picture of my Daisy Delight finished July 7, 2007. It is from "A Year of Afghans 1999" Page 70.

100_1772.jpg

I collect Boyds Bears and this Bear is from the Daiseydew collection that I have displayed in my dining room during the summer. Thanks for letting me share.

That is certainly delightful!! I’ll update the first post.

I'm on the downhill side of the afghan for my neice! :D

I'm really trying to get it done before she leaves for grad school. Just 37 more rows to go!! :hook

Close up of stitches:

GradGiftCloseup.jpg

Anna

That yarn looks very soft. Pretty colors too! Good luck getting it finished!

Yes, you do get a picture, but first I need to get the yarn for the graph-ghan CAL off of this afghan, and then I need to wait for my sister to get up and take a picture. So this could take a little while.

I look forward to seeing them!

Ok, this is the finished Winter White. Thank you Barbara for posting I am finished with the Daisy Delight. This one is from A Year of Afghans 2000 page 122. The doll is Courtneywith Pearl Dropping Stitches from the Boyds Bears Collection. Did I mention I collected Bears.....lol I am presently working on Friendship Rings for Easy Weekend Afghans page 24. I have one row done!!! It is raining and thundering here and I have Casablanca on television-good crochet companions don't you think.

100_1779.jpg

Ok, this is the finished Winter White. Thank you Barbara for posting I am finished with the Daisy Delight. This one is from A Year of Afghans 2000 page 122. The doll is Courtneywith Pearl Dropping Stitches from the Boyds Bears Collection. Did I mention I collected Bears.....lol I am presently working on Friendship Rings for Easy Weekend Afghans page 24. I have one row done!!! It is raining and thundering here and I have Casablanca on television-good crochet companions don't you think.

100_1779.jpg

What a beauty!!

what wonderful afghans you are all finishing!!! I absolutely love the daisy one!!!

I only have 25 squares left to make.... then putting all 196 together, I am determined to get it done this weekend, so I should have a picture up soon!

Great job! You've got a lot ahead of you.

I'm sorry I've been AWOL everyone. My job gets insane from time to time and I work hideously long hours which doesn't allow me much time or energy to crochet. (Plus I had a couple other small projects sneak in.) I still haven't finished putting my squares together for my solo afghan, but it's still in my basket staring at me as a reminder. I'm hoping things will settle down enough so I can finish it in the next couple of weeks or so.

I had a lot of catching up to do here. So many pretty things that I can't post about them individually, so I'll just say Great Job Everyone! :yay

I'm sorry I've been AWOL everyone. My job gets insane from time to time and I work hideously long hours which doesn't allow me much time or energy to crochet. (Plus I had a couple other small projects sneak in.) I still haven't finished putting my squares together for my solo afghan, but it's still in my basket staring at me as a reminder. I'm hoping things will settle down enough so I can finish it in the next couple of weeks or so.

I had a lot of catching up to do here. So many pretty things that I can't post about them individually, so I'll just say Great Job Everyone! :yay

It's just nice to see you again, Mini. Hoping things slow down for you a bit soon!

HI all.

I haven't worked on the Caribbean afghan lately. I learned how to knit socks and have been doing it obsessively...

However I carry my afghan yarn everywhere with me in my project backpack so eventually I will get some more squares done.

I now need to set ALL yarn aside and get back to work..:)

Well I am making slow steady progress, I finished all 196 squares and have started putting them together, there are sooo many of them! I have about 35 together so far and it sure is going slow, but I think it looks pretty good so far. I'll get a picture posted soon, I'm not feeling very well tonight, allergies or a sinus headache, I can't really tell I just know my head feels very icky. I think i'm going to bed.

goodnight ladies

Hello everybody!

My weeks at church camp are finally over and I should be able to check in here a bit more faithfully.

Please check the first post to be sure I have your projects listed and updated correctly as I'm not sure that I haven't missed anything. :)

As for my own progress: there is none. I adore the green and white leaf afghan. The problem is that on every leaf row I was finding an error and had to do either an increase or decrease to correct. I finally realized that it was getting uneven on the sides. So I frogged about 35 or more rows. :eek I started over with similar results. I spent a couple hours trying to figure out what the problem was with no success. I still want to do this afghan so will not remove it from the list. I will be starting a new thread to see if anybody else is familiar with this pattern who can advise me.

alright, I finally got some pictures taken,

th_DSC02167.jpg

th_DSC02178.jpg

(images are clickable)

this is going to be a long process putting them all together, well a lot of time spent, I only have 2 weeks until the shower... so uh.... well I guess I better keep going:eek

Wow that's quite the commitment but I can't wait to see it finished.

I've been making steady progress on both babyghans I'm doing but I'm afraid I won't have them done by the end of July. I should just focus on one but I'm househunting and that takes a lot of time. Nothing much crochet-related going on with me right now SIGH

Joyce

I have completed my Sage Box Stitch Afghan.:hook

I have pictures on my blog (link in siggie)

Couldn't get the pictures to load here tonight :eek

Archived