Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Everybody!

I have not been on here for quite awhile because I have been in a lot of pain in my abdomen. Found out I have growing fibroids. Getting an ultra sound and blood tests. However a good thing is that while I have been in bed I have been crocheting away. Here are my pictures. I need some suggestions for working around the Steelersghan. I think when I am done with the actual pattern it will be a size of a crib.

BARBARA, THIS ONE IS FOR YOU:

DSC01235.jpg

HERE ARE MY OTHERS:

DSC01237.jpg

DSC01236.jpg

Looks great. Can't wait to see 'em finished.

Joyce

Wow! Look what you've accomplished, Joyce!

jmccrochet - Square Elegance Afghan (COMPLETED!)

jmccrochet- Relay For Life Afghan (COMPLETED!)

jmccrochet- Breast Cancer Ribbon Afgham (COMPLETED!)

jmccrochet - Daffodil Days Afghan (COMPLETED!)

jmccrochet - Yellow V-stitch Baby Afghan

jmccrochet - Mint Sprinkle Fan Baby Afghan

You're my here! :cheer

Wow, I rarely go back to the first post to look at things. When you put it all together like that, and I think this all started in Feb., I get tired :lol

Joyce

I have almost finished my second pair of 16oz skeins today, and my ghan measures almost 42.5 inches. Almost half way done. Except for fringes and trim and such. Wiie, I am so excited! I think my sister is going to love it.

rippleprogress2.jpg

The blanket is folded in half in the picture.

Oh, and the blanket is laying on an angle, it isn't two toned IRL.

I have almost finished my second pair of 16oz skeins today, and my ghan measures almost 42.5 inches. Almost half way done. Except for fringes and trim and such. Wiie, I am so excited! I think my sister is going to love it.

rippleprogress2.jpg

That's going to be gorgeous. Nice work :cheer

Joyce

Hello everyone!

I've been so busy trying to stay cool these last couple of days I haven't been to the ville at all!! I was suffering from withdrawal, but we finally got an airconditioner hooked up. Hopefully I'll sleep tonight:yes

I hate weather like this, too hot to do anything including crochet..

over the past 3 days all i've gotten done is 34 pink parts.... Hopefully this heat and humidity will break for a while and I'll get more done.

All of you who have posted pictures: I am amazed at what you ladies can create!! You are all so talented!

I especially love the Noah's Arc pieces. I'd like to try and make that one someday.

Hopefully I'll be around more for the rest of the week, then I won't have so much catching up to do!

Hi Everybody!

BARBARA, THIS ONE IS FOR YOU:

DSC01235.jpg

Nice! I've thought about making something in Steelers or UT colors for my 18 year old.

Oooooookay, now that I finished the blushing grannies afghan, I've been sitting around picking my nose. :yawn

So I've found some afghans to work on...

1) Yoyo ghan (for me)

2) Kittens in a Row afghan (another family present)

I've started on the yoyos, but I have yet to start the kittens in a row. I have the yarn for it, but I need to start it.....

:hook

:D I'll get these added to the list.

Wow, I rarely go back to the first post to look at things. When you put it all together like that, and I think this all started in Feb., I get tired :lol

Joyce

I look at the first post frequently as I make changes to it and it's really neat to see it with all the (COMPLETED!)'s.

rippleprogress2.jpg

Great job, Malin! It's beautiful!

I hope everyone is enjoying the:hot weather. It is seriously sticky here in Central PA. I've been sticking to squares and the MAM. It's too hot for a ghan on your lap.

Barbara Jean, can I get you to make a change? I have dumped the scrap ripple. I was so mad at myself. I found 2 major errors far enough back that I decided to just frog it, and use the yarn for squares. I have another one started. I'm calling it the Sea Ripple. I'd like to add that one to the CAL instead.

I hope everyone is enjoying the:hot weather. It is seriously sticky here in Central PA. I've been sticking to squares and the MAM. It's too hot for a ghan on your lap.

Barbara Jean, can I get you to make a change? I have dumped the scrap ripple. I was so mad at myself. I found 2 major errors far enough back that I decided to just frog it, and use the yarn for squares. I have another one started. I'm calling it the Sea Ripple. I'd like to add that one to the CAL instead.

Absolutely. And I sympathize with you - had something similar happen to me recently.

Hi everone! I have been diligently working on my Dad's B-day present (Dale Sr Afghan). It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be to get going. I have to make the holes in the fleece as I go, so it is a slow process.:( I tried punching the holes ahead of time on my first one, but it was like the fleece closed up and I couldn't find the holes again. :think I'm barely halfway there and his birthday is tomorrow, however I am getting an extension since we are not celebrating until the 4th of July :devil

Any ideas on making this go quicker?

Don't know if I posted already. I can't remember. I have 11/16 squares done. And I have almost another completed and another started. So hopefully I'll get it finished if I have ANY time over the weekend to crochet! Of course, then I have to do an edging.

Here is a picture of the new afghan I started yesterday. It's actually going to be rather small, only 34" X 39".

Greenandwhite.jpg

That's going to be beautiful!

Joyce

I'm up to 81 yoyos....thought I'd show you what I keep them in...

th_IMG_2086.jpg

Yes, that is an empty fish tank. I just had it laying around after the fish I won at the fair died, so I decided to put it to use!

th_IMG_2087.jpg

It'll never hold water again, it's got this crack in it. And I can't return it like that either.

See that scary green furry yoyo? I'm adding a little texture to the afghan. :hook

th_IMG_2088.jpg

Nice little shot here.....into the portal...! :D

See, I was kind and didn't forget to provide breathing holes. :devil

Pics are clickable.

Still haven't started the kittens in a row, but I figure I have 'til Christmas so no immediate rush. I know where that got me last time....:ohdear but I will be starting it soon. Honest.

That's going to be beautiful!

Joyce

That's beautiful! I can't wait to see how it turns out! :c9

Thanks!

I'm up to 81 yoyos....thought I'd show you what I keep them in...

th_IMG_2086.jpg

Yes, that is an empty fish tank. I just had it laying around after the fish I won at the fair died, so I decided to put it to use!

th_IMG_2087.jpg

It'll never hold water again, it's got this crack in it. And I can't return it like that either.

See that scary green furry yoyo? I'm adding a little texture to the afghan. :hook

th_IMG_2088.jpg

Nice little shot here.....into the portal...! :D

See, I was kind and didn't forget to provide breathing holes. :devil

Pics are clickable.

Still haven't started the kittens in a row, but I figure I have 'til Christmas so no immediate rush. I know where that got me last time....:ohdear but I will be starting it soon. Honest.

They are so cute! How will they be joined?

Hey Barb, you mind reader you, the mention of yoyos in your siggy inspired me to go check out that CAL. I left a note there, come back here to find- yoyos!

I've been keeping my eyes open for any ideas for this stash of mine. I was thinking maybe a Happy House (All God's Children or Around the World) but I think I'm going to start a yoyo collection in the meanwhile. Anything less than 2oz is going in the yoyo bag! My 9yod and I wil work on it together, and keep it in our "go bag". Thanks for the inspiration!

Hey Barb, you mind reader you, the mention of yoyos in your siggy inspired me to go check out that CAL. I left a note there, come back here to find- yoyos!

I've been keeping my eyes open for any ideas for this stash of mine. I was thinking maybe a Happy House (All God's Children or Around the World) but I think I'm going to start a yoyo collection in the meanwhile. Anything less than 2oz is going in the yoyo bag! My 9yod and I wil work on it together, and keep it in our "go bag". Thanks for the inspiration!

Your 9 year old crochets?

Oh yeah, she does. When she was 8 she did a lapsized giant granny, some charity squares, and a bunch of "messing around"- then proceded to make some 8" dolls with interchangeable dresses....... WITHOUT A PATTERN. Yup. I was SOOOO proud. She gave one away, but I'l ask her where the other ones are and post a pic (since you asked....:manyheart ) She read every pattern book I had about different stitches and practiced. How many 8yo's do you know discuss the merits of X-stitch over V-stich when a more solid fabric is desirable??? (Then again, she read the entire Little House series when she was 5. Her nickname is Encyclopedia Blonde. She's a freak of nature.)

Archived