Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

So many pretty finished afghans and so many pretty new ones started since I was in here last! Well done everyone!

:clap

Barbara Jean ~ your baby afghan will be very sweet, I like the airy wavy pattern ~

Candy ~ I like the variegated stripes, excellent accent to break up the solid color ~

Nutsaboutcrochet ~ wonderful geo-grannies and great color picks ~

Awnm ~ wonderful colors for summer ~

Vcufashion ~ I think variegated shells have a nice soft look and are perfect for a baby blanket ~

I have finished all of the squares for my afghan. Now comes the task of sewing them all together :yuck

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Mini! I worked on it a bit more today but ended up dozing off. ;)

So you don't like the sewing together either? I've never enjoyed that part and generally choose patterns that join motifs as you go. I really prefer that method and have modified some patterns to be able to join that way.

Last post to update on how my afghans sold. The last one went to auction Saturday and sold for $60. I'm happy with that but happier still that the young lady who bought it has always wanted a crocheted afghan and the only person in her family who crocheted is a late aunt. So, it went to someone who will treasure it. This was the breast cancer ribbon afghan I posted finished a while ago.

Joyce

I finished another 20 squares today... I literally made squares all day long... but i'm making progress! I'd count to see how many I have total but i'm too tired tonight, I'll count them up after tomorrow. I figure I have another 100 or so to go though....

20 squares! Great job!

Last post to update on how my afghans sold. The last one went to auction Saturday and sold for $60. I'm happy with that but happier still that the young lady who bought it has always wanted a crocheted afghan and the only person in her family who crocheted is a late aunt. So, it went to someone who will treasure it. This was the breast cancer ribbon afghan I posted finished a while ago.

Joyce

That's great, Joyce. It's so nice to know that somebody will love the item we worked so hard on.

I finished the stained glass window afghan for my oldest granddaughter. I didn't realize until I laid it on the floor to take a photo that one side seems to be a bit ruffly. Although it doesn't show in the photo very well, there is a row of black sc around the outside. I may add a row of dc and do some decreasing to even out that ruffle.

I started another stained glass window afghan this weekend for my youngest granddaughter. Her's will have a different variegated yarn around the edge so they'll be able to tell them apart easily.

EmmasAfghanDSCF0328-adj.jpg

I finished the stained glass window afghan for my oldest granddaughter. I didn't realize until I laid it on the floor to take a photo that one side seems to be a bit ruffly. Although it doesn't show in the photo very well, there is a row of black sc around the outside. I may add a row of dc and do some decreasing to even out that ruffle.

I started another stained glass window afghan this weekend for my youngest daughter. Her's will have a different variegated yarn around the edge so they'll be able to tell them apart easily.

EmmasAfghanDSCF0328-adj.jpg

That's pretty Laurie. Can't wait to see the next one

Joyce

Laurie: That stain glass ghan came out wonderfully!!! :clap :clap :clap :clap congrats on finishing it. Mine is still a WIP.... well becoming more of a UFO.... But i'll get to it eventually. I hope it comes out looking as good as yours!!

I made another 16 squares today. then I counted up what I have done so far, 99 of 196, so i'm just over the half way point:hook

Hope you all have a great night!

Good job everyone!!!!

update on my Box Stitch Afghan, I added a complete 16 oz. skein today. So I'd say that make me about 80 percent finished. I will probably put it on hold for a few days. Starting tomorrow I am going to blitz my dad's birthday present. I am making a Dale Earnhardt polar fleece/crocheted afghan. I should be able to finish it in 2 or 3 evenings.:hook

Good job everyone!!!!

update on my Box Stitch Afghan, I added a complete 16 oz. skein today. So I'd say that make me about 80 percent finished. I will probably put it on hold for a few days. Starting tomorrow I am going to blitz my dad's birthday present. I am making a Dale Earnhardt polar fleece/crocheted afghan. I should be able to finish it in 2 or 3 evenings.:hook

A whole skein - great job!!

Do you want me to add the Earnhardt afghan to the list?

Do you want me to add the Earnhardt afghan to the list?

Please do! I am so excited about it! I am following the mixed media designs pattern out of Crochet World June 07 "Fleece Afghan". I can't wait to show it to everyone:hook

Laurie your stained glass afghan looks fabulous. :D

I have completed another 20 squares. So, now I have 2 of 8 colors done and 40 of 158 squares done. I started on the third color so hopefully I'll be done with those in couple of days. :hook

Laurie- Your afghan looks great! Very pretty color balance.

Mini- I understand....its the colors, really thats all:badidea . Resist the urge!!! :help That's how you will feel 1/2 way through!

Joyce- Glad to hear your afghan sold so well! :cheer

Edit- Omgosh. I forgot to update my progress. I have completed 5 squares of the new comfortghan while the kids ghan is on hold. This one is going much faster cuz I don't have to make any little motifs to sew onto the squares. *singing* "Someday my yarn will come...." and then I'll be able to finish the kids ghan.

I joined a whole row of squares while watching Disney's 'Treasure Island', which I just found out we have an edition that had some 'objectionable violence' deleted. :( I'm probably going to watch Pinnochio (sp) sometime in the next few days, so I'm hoping to get some more then. I'm really working on school right now, so not much crafting time.

Hello all:

I haven't been around for a few days - work is keeping me too busy :P

Wanted to check in and see how everyone is progressing.

Laurie - your stained glass afghan looks great!

BarbaraJean - love, love, love the baby afghan you started - thanks for the link to the pattern. I've seen that before but I wasn't inspired until I saw your's - I think the colors you picked are better !!

I'm back to making blankets. This time I'm trying to finish two baby afghans by July 31 to send to Project Rest Assured. Wish me luck.

The first one is in Bernat Baby Boucle, it's a yellow v-stitch ghan.

The second is in TLC Baby new mint sprinkle and I'm using this really pretty fan pattern from a book of squares that I have.

I've started them both. So, when you can BarbaraJean, you can add those to the first post.

Joyce

Does anybody else have the join-as-you-go afghan book from Annies Attic? I can't find mine, and I need to find out whether the border to the Patriot's Picnic goes (from the inside) blue-white-red or red-white-blue. I suppose it would look good either way LOL.

Does anybody else have the join-as-you-go afghan book from Annies Attic? I can't find mine, and I need to find out whether the border to the Patriot's Picnic goes (from the inside) blue-white-red or red-white-blue. I suppose it would look good either way LOL.

Sorry, I don't have that book. You might have better luck though by asking in the pattern request section. Or do a search for Patriot's Picnic in the show and tell section to see if anybody has made one. Then you could PM that person.

I'm back to making blankets. This time I'm trying to finish two baby afghans by July 31 to send to Project Rest Assured. Wish me luck.

The first one is in Bernat Baby Boucle, it's a yellow v-stitch ghan.

The second is in TLC Baby new mint sprinkle and I'm using this really pretty fan pattern from a book of squares that I have.

I've started them both. So, when you can BarbaraJean, you can add those to the first post.

Joyce

Wow! Look what you've accomplished, Joyce!

jmccrochet - Square Elegance Afghan (COMPLETED!)

jmccrochet- Relay For Life Afghan (COMPLETED!)

jmccrochet- Breast Cancer Ribbon Afgham (COMPLETED!)

jmccrochet - Daffodil Days Afghan (COMPLETED!)

jmccrochet - Yellow V-stitch Baby Afghan

jmccrochet - Mint Sprinkle Fan Baby Afghan

You're my here! :cheer

Hi Everybody!

I have not been on here for quite awhile because I have been in a lot of pain in my abdomen. Found out I have growing fibroids. Getting an ultra sound and blood tests. However a good thing is that while I have been in bed I have been crocheting away. Here are my pictures. I need some suggestions for working around the Steelersghan. I think when I am done with the actual pattern it will be a size of a crib.

BARBARA, THIS ONE IS FOR YOU:

DSC01235.jpg

HERE ARE MY OTHERS:

DSC01237.jpg

DSC01236.jpg

Oooooookay, now that I finished the blushing grannies afghan, I've been sitting around picking my nose. :yawn

So I've found some afghans to work on...

1) Yoyo ghan (for me)

2) Kittens in a Row afghan (another family present)

I've started on the yoyos, but I have yet to start the kittens in a row. I have the yarn for it, but I need to start it.....

:hook

Sue- I've made the Noah's Ark afghan before. Is it a Leisure Arts ,or something like that, book? It was labor intensive, but it turned out really nice. Good luck.

I have 8 squares completed in latest comfortghan. Only 8 to go. Need to bring some scraps home from shop to keep going.

Archived