Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

Barb: have a safe trip!

Jessica: Can't wait to see your shell ghan! I'm sure your batteries will turn up... did you check the charger... thats where mine disappeared last time:oops

I'm up to 41 squares completed, plus I have about 10 more partially done, I've found that working them assembly line style is the quickest, first the pink on about 20, then the yellow, then go back to weave in all the ends... oh well... thats about 1/5 of the total squares I need!:hook

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have a good trip BarbaraJean

vcufashion419: Don't you hate when you can't find something like your camera batteries - that is so frustrating. Hope you find them soon - I'm looking forward to seeing your afghan.

stargazingirly: I have don't assembly line type afghans before too and it seems like that works good for me depending on the type of afghan - you're moving right along - that's great !

Hello everyone - I've been MIA for a few days. I had to finish up some dishcloths for a swap I was in.

I'm glad to see so many people join our CAL. :hook And to see others starting new projects :yay

I have got to get back to my afghan!!! I have not made much progress and I'm making this for a b-day gift for someone who's b-day is July 8th!

How's work on the afghan progressing Disney?

So i've got it figured out, I have to make 5 a day of my little squares, and weave in the ends, which will leave me with only 2 days to put it all together.... that wouldn't be so bad except I have a bunch of other things to make too... bottle covers, bibs, another sweater set, hats, bonnets, booties.... goodness, if i worry this much with my sister having a baby what am I going to do when I have one of my own???

7/196 completed (Ill get a picture up today!! PROMISE!!!)

17 of 196 done... I can't find the camera batteries.... I'm hoping my fiance' did something with them... I think I've finally got the hang of the squares so they are going a lot faster!

Found the batteries.... they were still in the charger... duh!!!

here is a picture of the squares I have so far. I'm doing well, I have all the ends woven in!

th_DSC02096.jpg

Stargazingirly, that looks great. Sounds like you have a solid plan. Good luck!

Finished square #9. Have run out of black yarn, so it will be on hold for a week or two. I just have to get it finished by the end of July.

Don't you HATE when that happens. I cannot wait to see this one finished.

Just got back from yarn shopping. So now it's time to start hookin :) This is what I got. Wish me luck :P

yarn.jpg

WooHOO, love to see that much yarn and think about what it'll become.

Hi all, having a few problems with my afghan, changed the design last week and decided to make a big square 15 inch, and place the smaller squares around and then do a border.

I have blocked all the squares the best I can, but they have not all come out the same size or shape, how do I make them fit around the bigger square without it looking a mess.

Cheers

Rox

Rox, did you get your sizing issues figured out?

Howdy,

I know I wasn't around in the forum for a long while. Things were rather stressful for me. I managed to go back to crochetting two days ago. I nearby forgot how the crafting make a person feel much better. :)

Just now, I finished the first color of my diagonal texture blanket. I decide to use up the yarn before I can move on to next color which will be RHSS Carrot (orange). First color is Raspberry (I think).

The length and width is a bit over 2' each. I hope to do 5 more colors which push it into about 6' square diagonal blanket. (Pics clickable)

th_IMG_0654.jpg textured stitch close-up

th_IMG_0652.jpg 1st color completed.

That is GORGEOUS and I LOVE that color.

Okay...I couldn't wait for all my yarn to get here so I started making squares with the colors I already have. I decided to make Cathedral Windows from A year of Afghans book 15 month of November.

I just finished making 3 squares. :cheer

I just have 17 more to go with this color.

I have to make 158 total, but they seem to be going fast.

I'll post a picture this weekend. Happy crocheting!:hook

I don't think I've ever seen this pattern, can't wait to see a pic.

I've been busy doing everything BUT afghans. I'm going to be doing the Hooking for a Cure traveling hook when it gets started, but until then, I'm working on cottons and wools. I started the Bernat Flower Power rug pattern today and I just KNOW I'm going to need motivation to get it done. The flower pattern is NOTHING like Krystal's daisy flower, which I would switch to, but I already have one done and undoing it would be a monster. SIGH

Anyway, no afghans right now, but I'm gonna stick around if that's OK?

Joyce

We are leaving a few minutes to take our son for orientation at UT. I don't expect to have internet access until I return home which will be sometime between Wednesday and Saturday. We're not sure what the plans are.

I will make any updates to your projects when I return. I look forward to checking in on your progress then. Happy crocheting!

Enjoy your trip. We'll see you when you get back.

Joyce

Okay, so I finally finished all 20 squares of the lavender. Yeah!!!

I started working on the next 20 squares of red, I've got 6 half way done. I did the red middle and I just have to do one round of black.

I have been crocheting all weekend and now my wrist is very stiff and in some pain. I think I might have done a little too much. Is there something I could wear to help prevent wrist pain while crocheting?

Malin - Wow that is a lot of yarn. I can't wait to see a picture of what you're making.

Stargazingirly - I love the colors of your squares, can't wait to see the finished ghan.

Well, I better stop typing my wrist is starting to hurt again.

Happy crocheting everyone!

Well it's been a while since I've posted on here, but I've been busy. I'm nearly halfway done with the afghan for my boyfriend!

th_6-17-07042.jpg

My mom and I watch a lot of movies together, so whenever we do that, I crochet and she knits. I'm going to have to take a break soon, though. Our church is making squares for afghans. They're being blessed next Sunday, and I volunteered to piece them together...

It's getting hard keeping this a secret. I'm spending a lot of time crocheting when I would normally spend chatting with my boyfriend, yet I can't exactly tell him that I'm still doing something for him. He'll understand when I give it to him. I'm just worried it won't fit in his suitcase!

Well it's been a while since I've posted on here, but I've been busy. I'm nearly halfway done with the afghan for my boyfriend!

th_6-17-07042.jpg

My mom and I watch a lot of movies together, so whenever we do that, I crochet and she knits. I'm going to have to take a break soon, though. Our church is making squares for afghans. They're being blessed next Sunday, and I volunteered to piece them together...

It's getting hard keeping this a secret. I'm spending a lot of time crocheting when I would normally spend chatting with my boyfriend, yet I can't exactly tell him that I'm still doing something for him. He'll understand when I give it to him. I'm just worried it won't fit in his suitcase!

It looks great! keep up the good work, And i'm sure your bf will love it!!

Good luck piecing together the ghan for your church! sounds like a big project!

Haven't made much progress on my projects lately as I am moving this week. Have finally reached the point where I have had to pack my yarn - arghhhhhh! I am already having withdrawal.......

How's work on the afghan progressing Disney?

Slow, too slow :ohdear . But only because I just haven't had time to work on it. I finished the dishcloth swap I was in and got back to the afghan but I'm an accountant and it is our fiscal year end now and we have auditors in the office and we are remodeling the office (doing lots of construction work) all around us so we are literally working out of boxes. So needless to say I am working TONS of overtime. I should have known that I might not finish this afghan in time. I don't see making the July 8th deadline. My only solice is that the friend I am making it for, I may not see her until a few weeks after her b-day so hopefully that will give me a little extra time to complete it. :hook Thank you asking and thanks for the encouragement!!!

I've been busy doing everything BUT afghans. I'm going to be doing the Hooking for a Cure traveling hook when it gets started, but until then, I'm working on cottons and wools. I started the Bernat Flower Power rug pattern today and I just KNOW I'm going to need motivation to get it done. The flower pattern is NOTHING like Krystal's daisy flower, which I would switch to, but I already have one done and undoing it would be a monster. SIGH

Anyway, no afghans right now, but I'm gonna stick around if that's OK?

With as many afghans that you've completed recently I can understand staying away from them for a little while - we will encourage you along on the Flower Power Rug.

th_6-17-07042.jpg

That's beautiful!

Slow, too slow :ohdear . But only because I just haven't had time to work on it. I finished the dishcloth swap I was in and got back to the afghan but I'm an accountant and it is our fiscal year end now and we have auditors in the office and we are remodeling the office (doing lots of construction work) all around us so we are literally working out of boxes. So needless to say I am working TONS of overtime. I should have known that I might not finish this afghan in time. I don't see making the July 8th deadline. My only solice is that the friend I am making it for, I may not see her until a few weeks after her b-day so hopefully that will give me a little extra time to complete it. :hook Thank you asking and thanks for the encouragement!!!

With as many afghans that you've completed recently I can understand staying away from them for a little while - we will encourage you along on the Flower Power Rug.

Disneypal, good luck through your rough time at work. I can certainly relate.

Thank you for the encouragement on the flower power rug, I just KNOW I'm going to need it. I'm going to take the next day or so off from crocheting (having finished my housewarming gifts) because I have a lot of tension and stress in my neck, back and arms and I think some of it is repetitive use from crocheting and computering:(

Joyce

51/196 done!

that more than 25% done!! yay! I'd post a picture but right now its just a pile of squares that look just like the ones I already posted... hopefully at this rate I can finish the squares in another week or two!

good luck to everyone else on there projects!

OK, kids, here I go.... I've been so inspired by your gorgeous photos that I thought I'd give it a try. Let's see if this works!

This is "Cottage Garden" for my bouncy 5yod who picked out the varigated yarn.

047.jpg

Here is a close up of "Forest" for my 6yos

046.jpg

This shows how far I've gotten with "Forest"- it's getting too big to haul around!

045.jpg

Only one more row to go on my blankie!!

Jess--I know the batteries are in the charger!! The problem is, I can't find the charger!! :(

My roommate lost her mp3 player the other day and it turns out one of the ferrets had drug it behind the refrigerator!! :eek So I am going to have to check every nook and cranny for the thing. :angry

If I have to I will result to the camera on my phone!

OK, kids, here I go.... I've been so inspired by your gorgeous photos that I thought I'd give it a try. Let's see if this works!

This shows how far I've gotten with "Forest"- it's getting too big to haul around!

045.jpg

That is absolutely gorgeous!!

I am halfway done with the squares for my afghan. I'm hoping to be done with it this weekend (fingers crossed.)

... I have been crocheting all weekend and now my wrist is very stiff and in some pain. I think I might have done a little too much. Is there something I could wear to help prevent wrist pain while crocheting? ...

Hi Brennae, hit your local drug store for some wrist supports. I have found that they're better than the type you find for crafting (and cheaper too!)

Julie those are gorgeous. I have that pattern and, someday :rolleyes , will do that one. I just finished up a load of scraps, so I don't have a lot to work with right now.

Thanks, ladies!

I've had the drunkards path pattern for awhile now, but I'm lousy with getting square ghans actually finished. The pink and yellow one here is inspiring, though.. it is gonna be gorgeous!

I think my problem is just that I am way too easily distracted. Scrapgans for me!

Oops, short people are calling for me.... gotta run!

I have 20 squares out of 35 done, and I'm assembly-lining the last 15 if you know what I mean LOL. I did all the centers at a rock-climbing gym, watching my friends climb (I would have, but I'm just a little too nearsighted). That was sort of distracting, I guess, because when I started putting the blue part on, I had to throw out two of the centers because I only put 4 points on them LOL! It looks like I have 5 squares ready to join once I weave in the ends. I really want to get this done by the 4th!!!

Julie- Those are awesome!

Mini- I'm so feelin' your pain! I'm waiting for yarn to finish too!

Since the kids afghan had to be put on hold due to a lack of yarnage. I am going to start on another scrap afghan...so please sign me up BJ. This one is to be donated to the local domestic abuse shelter.

biz

I have 20 squares out of 35 done, and I'm assembly-lining the last 15 if you know what I mean LOL. I did all the centers at a rock-climbing gym, watching my friends climb (I would have, but I'm just a little too nearsighted). That was sort of distracting, I guess, because when I started putting the blue part on, I had to throw out two of the centers because I only put 4 points on them LOL! It looks like I have 5 squares ready to join once I weave in the ends. I really want to get this done by the 4th!!!

you can do it!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Oooookay, three days to go, and I've finished joining 6 strips out of 7...all these ends to weave in are making me queasy! I still have the last strip to attach, then the border goes on, then I weave in all the ends and wash it! Then I'm done! But I only have three days left..........:eek

I can't believe how close I'm letting this get!

Calm down, self, calm down....

i had to put aside my shell stitch gahn cause I am waiting on my shipment of yellow yarn to come in so I can finish it. I have however started a honey comb wrap if you want to add that to my projects on the first page Barbajean you can I will be doing this one for a while I am 10 hexagons into it I have a lot to do but I have one color totaly done which is nice.

Archived