Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

BarbaraJean, congrats to your son!

I am happy to report in tonight that the daffodil ghan is completely assembled. I'm struggling to figure out if I have enough Caron cream to start the border or if I should just do it in green, I KNOW I have plenty of that and that MAY be the route I take. Probably will so I"m not stressin' over it. Now it's off to bed, I"m exhausted and soooo tired of crocheting right now LOL

Joyce

Way to go! I think the green would look good anyway!

I watched them on DVD. :D

and here is a pic finally - my progress so far..... (clickable)

2617475310026294795yhHQbf_th.jpg

Just a few more to edge and join before I get to the flowers!

Very nice! I recently saw a kitchen window curtain pattern using the same concept.

Have now completed 30 rounds of my Pineapples-in-the-Round Afghan. The rounds may be taking longer now, but it's also getting prettier!

You're moving right along! :yay

Furball, I would love to see a picture of your Steelers afghan. I have faithful Steelers fans in my house too.

As for my progress... you all know I've done very little crocheting because things have been so hectic. I have picked back up a bit but have also been trying to catch up with the 3 forums I participate in too. :yes I did a bit on my afghan but have worked mostly on the Charisma Jacket. I really want to get it finished and then I'll be adding a baby afghan to my WIPs.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Maggie Weldon may do several of her patterns in that same format. It seems a lot easier than joining a ton of squares. :cheer

I NEVER thought I'd be able to say this, BUT!!! *drumroll* I finally finished my 35-square comfortghan!!! Yay!!!

However, I'm a bit of a Numbskull and took one really poopy picture of it before it was completed, then forgot to take another one when it was finished. Then it was given away right away to someone in need. So I will share the one picture I do have with you. You will at least get a general idea....

http://bizzycrochet.blogspot.com/2007/05/ongoing-projects.html

*my pics don't load here, so i've given you a link*

But in between the starting and finishing of this one, I did one other miscellaneous afghan. A Winnie Pooh in pastel colors, so I'll show you that one too. It was for my soon to be born niece/nephew.

http://bizzycrochet.blogspot.com/2007/05/pastel-pooh-is-done.html

Thanks for letting me share, even though I haven't actively participated in this CAL in a while!

Biz

So ... we are pretty excited that Mitchell was ranked 12th in his class of 229.

As well you should be proud !! That is great. I'm sorry you you had some family issues but so glad his graduation went well

I am happy to report in tonight that the daffodil ghan is completely assembled. I'm struggling to figure out if I have enough Caron cream to start the border or if I should just do it in green, I KNOW I have plenty of that and that MAY be the route I take.

:clap Oh, I know you are glad ! I think I would stick with the green border - I think it would look perfect.

and here is a pic finally - my progress so far.....

Hum, not sure why I can't get the pic to post but wanted to say that I think it looks great Mermaiden.

Have now completed 30 rounds of my Pineapples-in-the-Round Afghan. The rounds may be taking longer now, but it's also getting prettier!

My goodness !! You are speeding right through that thing. Where did you get the pattern from? It sounds so elegant.

I NEVER thought I'd be able to say this, BUT!!! *drumroll* I finally finished my 35-square comfortghan!!! Yay!!!

But in between the starting and finishing of this one, I did one other miscellaneous afghan. A Winnie Pooh in pastel colors, so I'll show you that one too. It was for my soon to be born niece/nephew.

Wow - two afgans completed !! They both look great. The Pooh one is so sweet!

Well, as far as my progress goes - I don't have much to report. I'm almost done with the dishclothes for my swap and I was wondering why I decided to be in the swap when I already had an afghan in the works?!?!? Oh well...

I was tired of working on dishclothes so I picked my afghan up last night and finished 1/2 square. So at least I did start working on it again - I haven't worked on it in over 2 weeks so that is progress.

I'm nearly caught up with my RW&B today. I measured it at 4 sections - the pattern calls for 6 sections, but I was afraid with making it longer that it wouldn't be wide enough. At 4 sections, it was 30" wide, which will give me more than 45" wide with 6 sections, so I think that's good enough for a 72" long afghan. I usually try to make the width 2/3 the length. So, I won't have to do an "extra" section, so I'm not as behind as I thought I was!

However, I'm a bit of a Numbskull and took one really poopy picture of it before it was completed, then forgot to take another one when it was finished. Then it was given away right away to someone in need. So I will share the one picture I do have with you. You will at least get a general idea....

http://bizzycrochet.blogspot.com/2007/05/ongoing-projects.html

*my pics don't load here, so i've given you a link*

http://bizzycrochet.blogspot.com/2007/05/pastel-pooh-is-done.html

Thanks for letting me share, even though I haven't actively participated in this CAL in a while!

Biz

I agree with Krystal, the pink and green are fabulous together! Congrats on finishing your projects. I'll get your progress posted in the first post.

As well you should be proud !! That is great. I'm sorry you you had some family issues but so glad his graduation went well

Thanks!

Well, as far as my progress goes - I don't have much to report. I'm almost done with the dishclothes for my swap and I was wondering why I decided to be in the swap when I already had an afghan in the works?!?!? Oh well...

I was tired of working on dishclothes so I picked my afghan up last night and finished 1/2 square. So at least I did start working on it again - I haven't worked on it in over 2 weeks so that is progress.

That's kind of how I'm feeling about the Charisma Jacket I started. Just trying to get it finished so I can get back to the afghan. :yes

I'm nearly caught up with my RW&B today. I measured it at 4 sections - the pattern calls for 6 sections, but I was afraid with making it longer that it wouldn't be wide enough. At 4 sections, it was 30" wide, which will give me more than 45" wide with 6 sections, so I think that's good enough for a 72" long afghan. I usually try to make the width 2/3 the length. So, I won't have to do an "extra" section, so I'm not as behind as I thought I was!

Yay! You'll get it finished by the 8th!

disneypal,

I download my Pineapples-in-the-Round pattern from e-patterns central.com. It was worth every penny of the 99 cents I paid for it!!! :hook

I download my Pineapples-in-the-Round pattern from e-patterns central.com. It was worth every penny of the 99 cents I paid for it!!! :hook

Thank you for sharing the info - that is really pretty! They have so many beautiful afghans at e-patterns central. I haven't bought any yet because I already have so many patterns of afghans that I want to do - LOL !!

Sorry I haven't posted much. Well, the baby afghan is almost done. :clap I'm up to the border. Hopefully it will be finished within the next day or two and I'll be able to share a photo of the set.

It is DONE! I only did two rounds of border from Drew's Dudessembly method and I"m OK with that. Here it is the much anticipated daff ghan

IM001240.jpg

:clap :clap :clap

I'm so glad it's done, now I can move on to stuff like the tote I need to finish and another felted bag :D

Joyce

It is DONE! I only did two rounds of border from Drew's Dudessembly method and I"m OK with that. Here it is the much anticipated daff ghan

IM001242.jpg

Joyce

Wow, Joyce! It's fantastic! I'll update the thread!

Oh wow !!! That is beautiful. You did a great job :yay

Hello ladies all of your ghans look lovely, here is what I have done so far.

This is gonna be a big one, for my dads king size bed, so will be working on it for a while yet.

dadafghanweek2.jpg

Have 4 more colours to add, and need 15 of each colour, gonna get 10 more balls of grey for the borders of the squares and the outer border (just to be on the safe side), need another ball of navy as well, will get them on tuesday.

They all need blocking and ends weaving in, will do that once I have at least 2 of each colours complete. Once blocked they will be 5" square.

Rox

Archived