Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

So much to catch up on in here in just a few days! You ladies have been so busy.

So I finished another color in the purple afghan I'm making for my niece and now I am onto the cream colored section. I am down to 2 skeins to go ladies. I've done 8 so far. It's taken me 4 weeks to work up 8 skeins! I should be done this weekend.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also have 2 quilt style afghans going. One I designed myself and the Prairie Star. I miss you guys. I'm going to have to start more just so I can hang out here again. I did finish the yellow ripple finally. I finally found the yarn I needed. Oh well, back to work.

I did the Prairie Star afghan. :D

Just checking in to give an update on my progress on my ghan.

Havn't done much as have been trying to finish off a shrug I started in March.

Thanks to Minibooger for the tip on blocking, will give it a go when I have finished all squares. Have about half a dozen or so left to do. I showed my Mum what I had done so far and she said that the reason they are curling up is that I have sewed them together too tight, so have un picked all the ones I sewed up and will try a looser stitch once thay have all been blocked.

Rox

Just bippin' in to say HI and to compliment everyone on their beautiful work ~ well done!

I'm nearly done with my other CAL project, so I'll be back in here real soon!

I've started my first item of clothing. I picked up a pattern for a very easy shrug in Marble yarn. What nice yarn to work with. So soft. If it wasn't $5.00 a 3 oz. skein I'd love to make an afghan with it. :) So far, so good.

I absolutely LOVE Marble. And I finally found a site that sells all of the colorways :jumpyay

http://www.marymaxim.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10054_15871_-1_15019_15022

must. hold. back.

Wow, I am so amazed by all the beautiful work. YOU ALL are doing an awesome job. Congratualtions to you all.:yay

Furball, my son and husband are graduating this year.. My husband with his MPA... And my son High school. Then my son informed me last night he would like to have some thank you cards made..I already have an idea so it shouldn't take long.. Its been very busy around here.

I got all the graduation cards done and finished all the squares for my baby blanket, so now I just have to connect them together. :clap

Thank - you Krystal16....:D

I finished the Spiderman round ripple for my grandson last night and started back on the baby afghan.

Hello everyone!

Nice to read that everyone is busy!

LaurieE-Good job on getting the spiderman ripple done, I bet it looks Amaz-ing!

DavaJ-Congratulations on your son graduating I bet you are excited about that!

JMMCROCHET-Good work on getting two more squares done, YOU GO GIRL!

.....AND anybody else I forgot! You are doing a good job.

I have been in bed all day today. Feeling sick! Think its my sinuses. Been working on the blue and yellow afghan, it is now about 55" square. It's getting big.:headache:sleep:hook

Wow, I am so amazed by all the beautiful work. YOU ALL are doing an awesome job. Congratualtions to you all.:yay

Furball, my son and husband are graduating this year.. My husband with his MPA... And my son High school. Then my son informed me last night he would like to have some thank you cards made..I already have an idea so it shouldn't take long.. Its been very busy around here.

I got all the graduation cards done and finished all the squares for my baby blanket, so now I just have to connect them together. :clap

Thank - you Krystal16....:D

I have a son graduating too. We were so proud today at the awards ceremony.

Can I join in? I just started an afghan today for my boyfriend. We're going to be apart for a year (bad timing on the study abroad) so I wanted to make something that would remind him of me and keep him warm in England. I bought the yarn today...it's simply soft acrylic. Three shades of blue (his favorite color), and a skein of green (my favorite color) TLC Essentials. It's great, because none of them have dye lots, and so I can just go back and get more...and more...and more... :D

I'm using the basketweave stitch, which I just learned a few hours ago. So far I have two rows done...looks good! It's going to take a lot of work and patience (something I'm not always good at). I have to finish it before he leaves in August, so I guess this is my big summer project! :D

I was at work when I posted about the Spiderman afghan being done. I posted a photo in the Round Ripple CAL.

It looks great - I want to make that for my Godson - maybe that will be my next afghan :hook

Can I join in? I just started an afghan today for my boyfriend. We're going to be apart for a year (bad timing on the study abroad) so I wanted to make something that would remind him of me and keep him warm in England.
May I join this crochet along? I currently have three ripple afghans in the works.

Whoo Hoo !! I love it when new people join in.

thelittlewriter - What a great idea about making the afghan for your BF!!

justvicki - you will get those ripples done in no time.

As far as my progress...I havent' made any:P I decided to participate in a dishcloth swap so I have to put the afghan aside to do that first. Why do I do stuff like that? Oh well... the swap will be fun and hopefully I will be done in a few days so I can get back to my afghan.

As far as my progress...I havent' made any:P I decided to participate in a dishcloth swap so I have to put the afghan aside to do that first. Why do I do stuff like that? Oh well... the swap will be fun and hopefully I will be done in a few days so I can get back to my afghan.

We do it to keep from getting bored, even though we should know better:blush

My first afghan was auctioned off tonight. It was bought by a woman for her daughter's birthday. Bidding was slow and it was frustrating at first to watch the numbers stay static (I guess I shouldn't have watched) but in the end, a cancer survivor boosted the price from $25 to $40 because he said he thought that was a terribly low price. It sold for $45, so $15 less than the $60 value I would've put on it. I'm happy I guess. I think I should've known that a purple afghan may not have brought much interest. There was another one in Aran there and it went for $55, I think, so not bad.

The next Relay for life is June 9-10 and that's the one I have to have the daffodil afghan done for (just a couple weeks :eek ). The breast cancer ghan will be sold two weeks after that, I don't know how I managed to do those so backward.

I have 4.5 squares of the last eight done on the daffodil ghan and once those squares are complete, it's on to assembling (SIGH)

Joyce

oh, that is turning out VERY pretty! You've just given me an idea - I have several hex's started for a scrapghan, I might just convert them into a ripple like that. I dislike ripples, but with some hexes mixed in, it would be VERY pretty!

Sorry for being MIA. It's been a bizzare weekend! This coming week will be quite busy as well because we are preparing for my son's graduation party on Saturday. So much to do!

Can I join in? I just started an afghan today for my boyfriend. We're going to be apart for a year (bad timing on the study abroad) so I wanted to make something that would remind him of me and keep him warm in England. I bought the yarn today...it's simply soft acrylic. Three shades of blue (his favorite color), and a skein of green (my favorite color) TLC Essentials. It's great, because none of them have dye lots, and so I can just go back and get more...and more...and more... :D

I'm using the basketweave stitch, which I just learned a few hours ago. So far I have two rows done...looks good! It's going to take a lot of work and patience (something I'm not always good at). I have to finish it before he leaves in August, so I guess this is my big summer project! :D

Welcome! I'll get your name added to the first post. I'm sure your boyfriend will cherish your gift.

May I join this crochet along? I currently have three ripple afghans in the works.

Absolutely! I'll list your name three times. Right now I'll just put ripple afghan by each but if you can give me something specific to identify each of them that would be good. That way we can see as each is completed. Welcome!

We do it to keep from getting bored, even though we should know better:blush

My first afghan was auctioned off tonight. It was bought by a woman for her daughter's birthday. Bidding was slow and it was frustrating at first to watch the numbers stay static (I guess I shouldn't have watched) but in the end, a cancer survivor boosted the price from $25 to $40 because he said he thought that was a terribly low price. It sold for $45, so $15 less than the $60 value I would've put on it. I'm happy I guess. I think I should've known that a purple afghan may not have brought much interest. There was another one in Aran there and it went for $55, I think, so not bad.

The next Relay for life is June 9-10 and that's the one I have to have the daffodil afghan done for (just a couple weeks :eek ). The breast cancer ghan will be sold two weeks after that, I don't know how I managed to do those so backward.

I have 4.5 squares of the last eight done on the daffodil ghan and once those squares are complete, it's on to assembling (SIGH)

Joyce

I sympathize Joyce. But, hey, that's $45 raised for a worthy cause!

Ok I haven't posted in awhile but here is my progress on my "mother's day" ripple:

mothersdaywip02.jpg

mothersdaywip01.jpg

Beautiful! That is something I've never tried, the combination of motifs and a continual stitch.

Sorry to seem like a newbie...but what's a ripple?

I'm having problems with my afghan already...I lost a stitch somewhere and can't figure out where! Hopefully I'll fix it tonight.

:hug No need to apologize. This is a ripple:

ripplesmall.jpg

I am using Susan B's Easy Ripple Afghan Pattern for all three of my ripples. I guess you could identify them by Danny's Ripple, Reagan's Ripple, and Jayden's Ripple.

Thanks for welcoming me aboard!

I sympathize Joyce. But, hey, that's $45 raised for a worthy cause!

Thanks BarbaraJean. I didn't mean to sound like I needed sympathy, because I'm glad it sold at all and to have it go for $45 made me happy (at least it got more than the materials cost to make it, right?). That was my main concern when the first bid was only $10 (sounds ridiculous, I know, but still).

Good to see you here. Enjoy prepping for that grad party, I know those can be so great.

Joyce

Ok I haven't posted in awhile but here is my progress on my "mother's day" ripple:

mothersdaywip02.jpg

mothersdaywip01.jpg

Jessica

That's GORGEOUS. I can't wait to see the whole thing done.

Joyce

Archived