Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

Wow, you haven't heard from me in SOOO long! I have been doing my lacy stars afghan (blue) assembly-style so I really haven't wanted to show the "incomplete" squares. Well, I'm getting into the home stretch, have about 36 more squares to finish the last round and then join and border. I hope to have it done in a week, and I'll be right on time for that church bazaar!

ugh! i CAN'T get my link to work... here's a link to the post on my blog:

http://krochetkrystal.blogspot.com/2007/05/my-blue-lacy-stars-afghan.htmllacystar0508.jpg

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been doing my lacy stars afghan (blue) assembly-style so I really haven't wanted to show the "incomplete" squares. Well, I'm getting into the home stretch, have about 36 more squares to finish the last round and then join and border.

Krystal, the description sounds like this is going to be very pretty, I can't wait to see it!

I finished the "Baby's Bed of Roses" crib afghan for my granddaughter. It's made with green, pink, and white Baby Pompadour yarn and the finished afghan is beautiful, if I do say so myself!

Marci, do you have pictures of the Baby's Bed of Roses Afghan? We all would love to see it. Sounds precious.

Hi All

I'm just checking in. Was gone for a 3.5 day weekend this weekend and though I took my crocheting, I did not a stitch of it. So, on the daffodil afghan, I have all nine daffodil squares done and three of 8 off-white squares (finished two since I got home). I have five more of those to do and then 9 in yellow before I can tackle assembly. Fingers don't fail me now :hook

Joyce

Joyce, sounds like you got a lot done. The daffodil squares would seem difficult for me AND would take a long time to do. Seems like you are pretty far in the project. Can't WAIT to see the finishing result.

Tip: If your squares don't "square up", you can set the shape by pinning them to a board. (I use cardboard covered in plastic wrap.) Lightly spray with water and let set until dry. This is called blocking. It's typically done with starch for thread work, but I've used it to shape unruly afghan squares too :)

Wow am I learning something new everyday. That is a neat way of shaping out your squares, I need to try that, Thanks.

I almost lost my hook! Actually I did lose it! EEK! But I found it! I'm hopin to get another square done tomorrow. I'm a fifth of the way through!

Yaviiniiaa, Hey don't fret on the lost hook! I always lose my hook and then when I stand up I find that I sat on it.:rofl

Progress report --The Dazzleaire afghan is getting close to being done. Just 28 more rows and 3 color changes and then it's done.

Tomorrow I'm going to get the yarn to finish the baby afghan. My co-worker found out last week that she's having a girl.

Laura your afghans are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Hi ladies!

I just got back home after a wonderful weekend with friends and popped in to catch up on everybody. So nice to see some new pics and to read of your progress. And the blessing of finding a lost hook! :P Don't you hate that!

I made a bit of progress on my afghan but not much. I'm going to try to get the jacket finished up and then get back to work on this afghan.

Welcome back BJ!

Hi everyone, I have eight more squares to crochet and I will start connecting them together and hopefully have it all done this friday. Then I will have the Circle of love blanket done and then back to the one I was doing for myself.

But also have some graduation cards to make. Hopefully it will all fall into place.Deb.

:cheerCan't wait to see pictures. Sounds like your life is just a taaaad bit busy right now. So who is graduating?

I 'd love to pop into this cal for this little guy

It's homespun with a "K" hook It's about 26" now and not much yarn left so it will be small.

Here's the pattern

It makes a nice simple pattern,I thought.

th_100_1025.jpg

th_100_1026.jpg

(click)

They are beautiful. I like the warm colors in the chocolate, tan, cream.

Wow a lot to catch up on when you don't visit the CV for awhile. Well, I have finished with the border on my Rainbow sherbet afghan. All I need to do now is WEAVE IN ENDS. I should be done with this sometime this week and I will take pictures and put them on to share with y'all.

personally id have put both blue and pink in it... but my mom didnt' want to put either... so we ended up with pound of love in cream and light green, then a caron varigated (SP?) in baby colors. the pattern will be 5 rows green, 1 row cream, 3 rows varigated, 1 row cream, repeat for crib size ghan... Hopefully I like it more once we get going... otherwise its going to be tough to get done... I only have 10 days!

I think I would have done blue & pink too (or baby green and yellow) - but I am sure the colors your mom picked will be pretty also - 10 days is not much time but you can do it ! :cheer

Haven't been able to get in touch for awhile, but wanted you all to know that I finished the "Baby's Bed of Roses" crib afghan for my granddaughter. It's made with green, pink, and white Baby Pompadour yarn and the finished afghan is beautiful, if I do say so myself!

Yeah :clap so glad you finished - I'm sure it is beautiful - can't wait to see a picture of it.

Wow, you haven't heard from me in SOOO long! I have been doing my lacy stars afghan (blue) assembly-style so I really haven't wanted to show the "incomplete" squares. Well, I'm getting into the home stretch, have about 36 more squares to finish the last round and then join and border. I hope to have it done in a week, and I'll be right on time for that church bazaar!

Krystal - that is beautiful - I am glad you made it in blue - I really like it!

Hi ladies. Tons of progress and photos over the weekend, huh? It was great reading about what everyone is doing.

Well, I managed to work on my purple ghan this weekend, but not as much as I would have liked to. I did maybe another 6 inches in width? On a 60 inch long ghan. Not too bad, but considering I did 34 inches in 5 days, 6 is nothing to write home about over 3 days!

I'm hoping to have this baby done by May's end. :clap

Holy Moly! I guess I need to visit more often ~ alas, I am a wage slave and am easily distracted by work :rolleyes

Everyone's work is coming along nicely!

I am making progress on the mother's day afghan. Just 4 more border rows to go and a little blocking! :jumpyay

Well I got the first repeat done, and I have to admit it looks MUCH better than I thought it would, plus my mom loves the way its coming out... which is I guess all that matters, since it will be a present from her to the mom to be...

Wish I could post a picture, but would you believe this computer is so old it doesn't have a USB port for my camera to connect to!

Hope to get back to my laptop so I can post a picture soon!

Yahoo,,it's done!!!

th_100_1032.jpg

th_100_1031.jpg

The yarn did the lighter stripe,,worked out great,,30" had just enough yarn to slipstitch around to finish it off. this pattern was great for a thicker yarn.

I have some blue+white in the stash for a RR now

th_100_1033.jpg

So back to the Let's do a Round Ripple cal for me

:cheer LOVE all the Pretties going on here,,and check it every day or so!!

HOOK ON

Hi all,

On the last trip I only managed to make three squares...and all in one day. :shrug But I'm gradually making progress!

55/70

Ya know, if it wasn't for this support in here we'd never get our projects done. I know before I joined my projects were sitting, sitting, sitting waiting for me to pick it up and start working on it. Isn't this a great site to motivate you in such things. YOU HAVE 15 MORE SQUARES TO GO, YAHOO!!!!!:cheer

I have a picture! :cheer:clap:yay

Patriot's Picnic Afghan

It won't link. I guess you'll have to cut-and-paste.

I saw a PICTURE! Be great to take along to a patriotic event or Picnic. Love the colors, great job!:cheer :cheer

Ya know, if it wasn't for this support in here we'd never get our projects done. I know before I joined my projects were sitting, sitting, sitting waiting for me to pick it up and start working on it. Isn't this a great site to motivate you in such things. YOU HAVE 15 MORE SQUARES TO GO, YAHOO!!!!!:cheer

I agree!!! I would have never gotten this far without the support of everyone here! :ghug

Only 13 squares to go now!!! :D Go me...go me...go me...!

57/70

I agree!!! I would have never gotten this far without the support of everyone here! :ghug

Only 13 squares to go now!!! :D Go me...go me...go me...!

57/70

HOO-HOO

YOU GO GIRL!

Does anyone know about how much yarn you use for a blanket? I'm talking something along the lines of a Red Heart Super Saver ghan. The reason I ask is that I have yet to use a pattern for anything. I have pattern-phobia! haha. Anyway, I'm doing my ghans in hdc, very simple, striped color patterns. I'm figuring that for 60x60 or 60x72 ish I'll need 2000 to 3000 yards. Is this a good estimate do you think?

Does anyone know about how much yarn you use for a blanket? I'm talking something along the lines of a Red Heart Super Saver ghan. The reason I ask is that I have yet to use a pattern for anything. I have pattern-phobia! haha. Anyway, I'm doing my ghans in hdc, very simple, striped color patterns. I'm figuring that for 60x60 or 60x72 ish I'll need 2000 to 3000 yards. Is this a good estimate do you think?

Sometimes a pattern does show how many balls per color you should use to make. If not, I'm not the one to ask...very bad with that kind of thing. I hope I helped some.

April7 - go for about 3600 yards (10 skeins of RH super saver) to be safe. Usually, 8 skeins (364 yds each for RHSS) will be sufficient but for 60"x 60" or 72", you might need more. I assume that you will use hook H - J range to do this afghan?

Yahoo,,it's done!!!

th_100_1032.jpg

th_100_1031.jpg

The yarn did the lighter stripe,,worked out great,,30" had just enough yarn to slipstitch around to finish it off. this pattern was great for a thicker yarn.

HOOK ON

Good for you! I'll update the first post with a link to this post. :clap

:eek I lost my hook AGAIN! I knew I was a chronic G-hook loser, but it hasn't happened with an H before! I think I have another H hook (albeit a different brand) though, so it isn't incredibly terrible.

:hug Frustrating, isn't it! It's always the hook or scissors for me.

I know what you mean. I love have a CAL to help motivate me. I wish I had somebody who was doing the Charisma Jacket. I started a CAL for it but nobody has joined.

Yahoo,,it's done!!!

th_100_1032.jpg

th_100_1031.jpg

That looks great - love how the yarn made the lighter border stripe - perfect ! And you are already on your way to that ripple :yay

Oooh - me likey!! I have also been thinking about doing a red/white/blue afghan - but I have so many other works in mind that it will be a while before that is added to the list. Hopefully you will finish it by July 4th. It does feel like say "we have lift off" and we kind of do - lift off of our project - whoo hoo!! Oh, did you find your hook??:think

I am making progress on the mother's day afghan. Just 4 more border rows to go and a little blocking!

That's awesome - almost done - yeah!!!

Ya know, if it wasn't for this support in here we'd never get our projects done. I know before I joined my projects were sitting, sitting, sitting waiting for me to pick it up and start working on it.

That is SOOOOO true!! I had my 1st afghan sitting there un done for I don't know how long until BarbaraJean started this CAL :manyheart

Only 13 squares to go now!!!

Oh my goodness - you are on the down hill now! :clap

Once you only have 10 left, you'll be surprised how fast it goes - it is like you can't wait to get it done.

I am on the 2nd square of my cancer ribbon afghan - I just have been out of town for work (and working overtime when I am in town) that I haven't had much time for crocheting :( - Hopefully I will get some relief soon so I can get my priorities right and get more crocheting done!!

Archived