Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
100_0430-1.jpg

It's finally official....I've completed the shell afghan for my son and future dil. It's been a labor of love and very easy to crochet as well. At first I was worried that I wouldn't have enough yarn to make this sizable enough, but it worked out quite nicely. I had 10 skeins of Rowanspun Chunky tweed and I used each and every piece of yarn I had. :yes Although it could have been larger (I guess we could say that for all afghans) I am pleased with it. This picture was taken shortly before I completed it and that's why you can see the ball of yarn discreetly ;) tucked under the ghan.

1824CottonRippleAfghan-1.jpg

Here's a pic of a ripple afghan I just started, so don't count me out of this KAL just yet. :D

Thanks, Laura

Laura, your shell afghan is beautiful. It looks so snuggly! What a loving gift!

I'll get you ripple added to the list. Congrats on your finished project! :cheer

Congratulations on completing the shell afghan!! Both afghans are lovely.

Hi, I'm a new member and I would love to join the afghan CAL. I'm working on 3 (eek!) ghans at the moment. Nothing special, no pattern, just winging it! I have 2 photos I can post, too.

Here's the first one, it's 60 inches long and about 34 or so inches wide here. It will be 72 wide.

47b7da08b3127cce83c581fe93ff00000016108BcuW7Fyzao

And here is the second one. Also 60 inches long and this one is probably 22 inches or so wide. It will measure 60 inches wide when complete.

47b7da02b3127cce8330a7cfc65500000016108BcuW7Fyzao

The purple one is for my 3 year old niece, and the camo is for my 7 year old nephew. I hate the camo one, but he'll love it, since he's obsessed with GI Joe.

Hi, I'm a new member and I would love to join the afghan CAL. I'm working on 3 (eek!) ghans at the moment. Nothing special, no pattern, just winging it! I have 2 photos I can post, too.

Hi April! Welcome to C'ville and to the CAL! I'll add your name to the first post. Can you give me a name for each of your afghans?

I added:

April7 - Purple Afghan

April7 - Camo Afghan

Hi April! Welcome to C'ville and to the CAL! I'll add your name to the first post. Can you give me a name for each of your afghans?

I added:

April7 - Purple Afghan

April7 - Camo Afghan

Well, those names work! :)

Can I be in? I'm making the Patriot's Picnic afghan from the Join-as-you-Go Afghans book from Annie's Attic. It's my first afghan (well, I've made two baby afghans as gifts), because I didn't want to sew squares (or strips, or whatever) together.

Can I be in? I'm making the Patriot's Picnic afghan from the Join-as-you-Go Afghans book from Annie's Attic. It's my first afghan (well, I've made two baby afghans as gifts), because I didn't want to sew squares (or strips, or whatever) together.

You're in! :yay Welcome! I'll get your name and project added to the first post. We encourage you to pop in occassionally to report your progress and to encourage others on their afghans. :hook There is a CAL button in the first post if you would like to add it to your blog.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

So am I ridiculous or down-right insane? :lol I started a THIRD ghan last night and will start a 4th this weekend. :eek

The purple ghan and the camo ghan are gift for niece and nephew for Christmas. The one I started last night is all in Paton's Divine. Very fuzzy! It's for a wedding in October for my boyfriend's brother and his new wife. And this weekend I'm going to start on a scrap ghan for me. I posted pics in my blog of the scrap ghan yarn. Very retro, very bright and obnoxious! :hook

I think I'm crazy. I'm going pretty quickly on things though. Last night I wanted something a little different to work on so I started and completed a scarf in a sitting. So these shouldn't take me more than a couple months max. Hopefully! I have about 4 more I want to make! :)

Updated my siggy, too.

I think we're all crazy or we wouldn't be here in the first place. I have so many wips i finally decided I'm not buying anymore yarn until I get caught up.

We'll see how long that resolution's gonna last. lol

So am I ridiculous or down-right insane? :lol I started a THIRD ghan last night and will start a 4th this weekend. :eek

The purple ghan and the camo ghan are gift for niece and nephew for Christmas. The one I started last night is all in Paton's Divine. Very fuzzy! It's for a wedding in October for my boyfriend's brother and his new wife. And this weekend I'm going to start on a scrap ghan for me. I posted pics in my blog of the scrap ghan yarn. Very retro, very bright and obnoxious! :hook

I think I'm crazy. I'm going pretty quickly on things though. Last night I wanted something a little different to work on so I started and completed a scarf in a sitting. So these shouldn't take me more than a couple months max. Hopefully! I have about 4 more I want to make! :)

Updated my siggy, too.

Uhhhhhhh, You ARE crazy, but hey that's the crafter in you. I get that way sometimes too. I start something and when I get bored I start on something else, and then on something else until it snowballs.

i'm really getting into doilies big time right now. I think I'm hooked! I know I should get some of these things finished but this is the first time I've ever done 30 round doilies and I'd really like to get 2 done for mothers day. I can hear my yarn calling to me - it misses me - it wants me back - can anyone else hear that?

I'm not making much progress on my afghan just now. I started the Coral Charisma Jacket from the cover of Crochet! magazine and I've been working on it every spare minute. :D

i'm really getting into doilies big time right now. I think I'm hooked! I know I should get some of these things finished but this is the first time I've ever done 30 round doilies and I'd really like to get 2 done for mothers day. I can hear my yarn calling to me - it misses me - it wants me back - can anyone else hear that?

I totally get where you two are coming from. I got hooked on making a market tote and cast the daffodil afghan aside. HOWEVER, I have a kind of deadline for it, and since I want to do Dudessembly on it, I fear it may take me longer than the other two so....This weekend I'm going back to my sister's and I'll take the yarn for the daffodil afghan and try to put a dent in squares for that, but I'm itching to do another market tote like the one I just finished

IM001231.jpg

Sigh, so much to do, so little time. Will you guys post your other projects here?

Joyce

Joyce, is that the market tote from Lion Brand pattern site ? It is on my to-do list. :)

For myself, I really got into scarves lately. It's something about scarves that make me itchy to create different designs and stitches. Diagonal stripes and now sampler scarf for mom as a mother 's day gift. :sigh

When things slow down later in May, I will have more time to do the diagonal texture afghan. :xfin

Joyce, is that the market tote from Lion Brand pattern site ? It is on my to-do list. :)

That is the Lion Brand market tote. I'm so glad I made it and I want to do more, but must get the daffodil afghan done.

Joyce

Sigh, so much to do, so little time. Will you guys post your other projects here?

Joyce

My Charisma Jacket is further along than this picture but it's really not taking shape yet. I'm using a different yarn than is called for. I started a CAL for it and have been told that this yarn probably isn't a good choice for this pattern. They may be right. :D I'm going to finish it anyway. It will probably be too big for me to wear but I'll just donate it to the church craft sale. If I like it I'll get a different yarn and try again for one for myself. I'm going to be away from home through Sunday night so will probably leave the jacket at home and take my afghan to work on.

CharismaJacket.jpg

Have completed my 1st row of my afghan.

Please bear in mind that i have only been croching for a few months and still learning.

Had a few problems getting the yoyos into squares and to stay square, as I was making the pattern up as I go along, and spent along time frogging.

I think they are getting there and suppose they will all square up once the whole ghan is complete.

row1.jpg

Rox

My Charisma Jacket is further along than this picture but it's really not taking shape yet. I'm using a different yarn than is called for. I started a CAL for it and have been told that this yarn probably isn't a good choice for this pattern. They may be right. :D I'm going to finish it anyway. It will probably be too big for me to wear but I'll just donate it to the church craft sale. If I like it I'll get a different yarn and try again for one for myself. I'm going to be away from home through Sunday night so will probably leave the jacket at home and take my afghan to work on.

CharismaJacket.jpg

That's really pretty so far. I like that lacy kind of look where you can wear it over a camisole. There is a Trellis Tunic top I would love to do for myself which is on the front cover of Crochet Today. They use Aunt Lidia Microfiber in Caress

Archived