Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

Not much progress lately. 46/70

You ARE making progress - do you realize that you are already over 65% done with your squares? That is great progress.

Just think about how beautiful it will be when its all done. You'll get there. :yes

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I got two more strips added to my Rainbow Sherbert afghan and 4 rows around on my Giant Granny Square done. On the Giant Granny Square afghan each color stripe measures 4". I measured 4" across my hubby's bed last night 20x so that means I have 10 more stripes to go. There are 7 rows in each stripe so if I do a row a day I will get it done by July. That is my goal. :yay:cheer:yay

I finally finished Katchkan's Clematis Doily!!!!! :yay

P3220176.jpg

It's time to get back to Dad's Budghan. :c9 I hope I don't have any problems picking up where I left off.

Cross you fingers for me.

That is gorgeous! I would not even attempt to do something that intracate sp? Great Job:hug :cheer You get hugs for that one!

Aww Everyone's work is AMAZING! :cheer:clap I just read through the whole post (all 81 pages of it) and there are some REALLY talented people on here!

Since it is still going, would you put me down for a ripple Barbara Jean? It's a grad gift. I'll take and post the pic later on this afternoon. I need a nap before I pick up my daughter.

:hook

Well, I got two more strips added to my Rainbow Sherbert afghan and 4 rows around on my Giant Granny Square done.

I can't wait to see them - especially the Rainbow Sherbet one - it sound so ... yummy :)

Since it is still going, would you put me down for a ripple Barbara Jean? It's a grad gift.

Yea! Welcome butterflie :clap

I finally finished Katchkan's Clematis Doily!!!!!

Whoa! That is amazing! I can't even imagine attempthing that. It's beautiful!

BarbaraJean:

When you add butterflie, will you also mark my Hexagon Afghan complete? - Thanks :hook

I finished the 1st square of my Pink Ribbon Afghan. I think it is going to work up pretty fast. Mostly double crochets and just a little bit of counting.

Evening To Everyone!!

I had to take a break from making the granny squares, both of my hands started hurting, I think that the spring cleaning had something to do with it too :think , so I'll get busy & start making some more..

I figured it out, & I'll need to make 48 more squares, to cover our bed:eek I'll get it done, but i didn't realize what a big job it is to sew all of the squares together, then sew the strips together,

All of your afghans are so very pretty!!!

I hope all of you have a wonderful day tomorrow:manyheart

Natcat - instead of sewing each square together, then the rows, there's another (faster) way to do it....

I have it mentioned in my charity squares blog - keep going until you see something that looks like this:

1 2 3 4

5 6 7 8

It explains what to do... MUCH faster! (and fewer ends!)

I see lots of progress! Very exciting!! Have you all noticed how many(COMPLETED!)'s we have now in the first post? :yay

Aww Everyone's work is AMAZING! :cheer:clap I just read through the whole post (all 81 pages of it) and there are some REALLY talented people on here!

Since it is still going, would you put me down for a ripple Barbara Jean? It's a grad gift. I'll take and post the pic later on this afternoon. I need a nap before I pick up my daughter.

:hook

Welcome! I'll get your name added to the list. Do you have a deadline?

BarbaraJean:

When you add butterflie, will you also mark my Hexagon Afghan complete? - Thanks :hook

Oops! How did I miss that? :D

Just went down the completed listings to look at the pictures, Several I've seen but a few I haven't. They are all just superb, Great Job Everybody!!!!!! For those still working on there's :cheer I am cheering you on.

Krystal, I checked your blog for the easy joining method. I have two questions - do I have to fasten off once I finish each row ? How can I handle the four corners, for instance, the vertical rows are done and I am doing horizonal rows. Do I have to 'skip over' the vertical stitches to reach next pair to keep on slip st along the horizontal row ?

Now as I think about it, will it be better if I do vertical rows in back loops and horizontal rows in front loops while slip stitching ? Just a thought.

Tahlara -

You can pretty much do it any way you want. I did a sl st across, just skipped over the intersection with no extra stitches. If you think yours puckers, then do a sl st when you cross over.

Yes, you join off at the end of each row/column

You can also use this method with whipstitching, if you prefer.

I would imagine you could to front loops/back loops, but I just did through all the loops on all of them.

:D

I got the 2nd round of all of my (42) squares done today... I've got to get moving on it quicker, though - I think the raffle is mid-May! :eek

:eek :eek :eek Yikes! and Double Yikes! Move those fingers like a little elf making toys by Christmas, I'm cheering you on:cheer

I got the 2nd round of all of my (42) squares done today... I've got to get moving on it quicker, though - I think the raffle is mid-May! :eek

Uh-oh! You need some cheerleaders!

Finished one square yesterday. :irk seems I had more to do than I thought.

47/70

Eh, we all have days like that. You're still doing great.

Okay. I'm doing a fan quilt style afghan with peaches and cream cotton. Also have started a southwestern style.

Hi Darcee! Welcome to the CAL. I'll get your projects added to the first post. Looking forward to hearing your progress.

Barbara Jean,

Go ahead and add my Giant Granny Square blue/yellow afghan, Thanks.

Gotcha! :cheer I love blue and yellow together.

I don't have a deadline in mind just by the end of May probably. My BIL graduated college last year but I had no notice of this (no one did, he never mentioned it) so I waited until one of my other BIL's graduated hs this year to make his. Just seemed easiest.

Hopefully I can get some more done tomorrow.:yarn

Barbara Jean - Will you put me up for Diagonal Texture afghan ? It's an original design, based on an stitch that I am doing diagonally.

I plan to use up the red heart yarns in different 6 colors. They are pretty untouched except for one square per skein I did for a charity.

I don't have a deadline in mind just by the end of May probably. My BIL graduated college last year but I had no notice of this (no one did, he never mentioned it) so I waited until one of my other BIL's graduated hs this year to make his. Just seemed easiest.

Hopefully I can get some more done tomorrow.:yarn

I'm hoping to get some done today on mine too. Super busy weekend for me but some of it will be on the road so I'll drag along my project. ;)

I'm in! I just started an afghan that I need to complete by mother's day :eek

I'm making this one in pale yellow and gold/orange. So far, 15/48 squares completed.

Ohhhh, that color combination sounds fabulous! I wanna see. :) Got you added! Welcome!

Barbara Jean - Will you put me up for Diagonal Texture afghan ? It's an original design, based on an stitch that I am doing diagonally.

I plan to use up the red heart yarns in different 6 colors. They are pretty untouched except for one square per skein I did for a charity.

How exciting - an original pattern! I've added you to the first post. I've never made a diagonal project. I've seen some I'd like to try though.

I'll be out of town today and tomorrow - probably no internet access either. I'll check back as soon as possible to make any updates.

Have a happy weekend "Afghaners"! :yay

Archived