Miscellaneous Afghan CAL

BarbaraJean

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disneypal, what a gorgeous afghan. :clap I have had such a hard time working with the homespun I kinda gave up on it. Do you have any tips, because your afghan makes me want to try again?

Thank you everyone for the nice comments :manyheart

The yarn is really pretty. What did you use?

I used Lionbrand's Homespun Yarn. The colors used were Deco (kind of an off white) and Tudor (varigated colors in blues, greens, purples and pinks)

Krystal - since I finished this - I was able able to do a charity square. I want to make a couple more to send to you so I hope to have them in the mail by Friday.

I tried to find a way around it and it was just WAAAAY too obvious because it was three extra stitches or so, so I frogged and started over. I finished it and put aside the daffodil ghan tonight and picked up the market tote (I'm hoping to have that done for when our downtown farmers' market opens in June or July, shouldn't be a problem).

Joyce

:worried I've had projects like that. It's disappointing to have to frog so much but it's also rewarding to know that you'll have a nicer finished product because of it. :applause

Okay, I know y'all thought I would never finish this (I was beginning to think that too) but I am please to announce (drum roll please)...I finished my Hexagon Afghan :yay

I was worried that it wouldn't be as wide as I wanted it to be but it exactly the length and width of a queen size bed (which I what I laid it on to take the photo).

I got the pattern from Lionbrand's website. It is made with Homespun yarn in Deco and Tudor. I love the jeweled look of it. It is really soft.

Here it is:

th_HexagonAfghan.jpg

(clickable)

Here is a close up:

th_HexagonCloseUp.jpg

(clickable)

Now I can spend more time on the Breast Cancer Ribbon Afghan. I am making that one for a friend's b-day so I have a time line for that one.

Disneypal, this is beautiful. I just love the colors and very well put together. Thanks for showing:yay

Hey everybody,

I'm back and still alive. Our 1st week on the remodeling of our house went ok. Didn't get done what we wanted to however this is the first time for both of us doing it ourselves. We got the bathroom painted and tiled but the grout hasn't gone in yet. The vanity has to be redone. This was my first time restripping and staining. I did an ok job but not good enough as my hubby said. Idon't know how many of you watch QVC at all but I said to him, "You know what this means?" He said, yeah you can buy whatever you want from QVC and I said either that or lots of YARN. :jumpyay:woo

Saturday we started hardwood flooring my room and then Sunday we went out for the day since it was sunny and gorgeous:sun

So hubby went back to work and this afternoon I will be working more on my afghan.

Wow Sue - sounds like you got a lot done!!! That is great - did you take before pictures before you started? I know you will be glad when it is done but it sounds like y'all have accomplished a lot so far.

Hey everybody,

I'm back and still alive. Our 1st week on the remodeling of our house went ok. Didn't get done what we wanted to however this is the first time for both of us doing it ourselves. We got the bathroom painted and tiled but the grout hasn't gone in yet. The vanity has to be redone. This was my first time restripping and staining. I did an ok job but not good enough as my hubby said. Idon't know how many of you watch QVC at all but I said to him, "You know what this means?" He said, yeah you can buy whatever you want from QVC and I said either that or lots of YARN. :jumpyay:woo

Saturday we started hardwood flooring my room and then Sunday we went out for the day since it was sunny and gorgeous:sun

So hubby went back to work and this afternoon I will be working more on my afghan.

Great feeling of accomplishment for both of you, I'm sure!

Wow Sue - sounds like you got a lot done!!! That is great - did you take before pictures before you started? I know you will be glad when it is done but it sounds like y'all have accomplished a lot so far.

Yes I did!!!! I want to put them in a scrapbook so when we have a House Warming Party(hopefully this Summer)! I want to set the scrapbook in our living room so people can look at all we have with the place. Hopefully also my hubby's yellow and blue afghan will be done. I found a bed in a bag at Kmart with those colors and a little bit of celery green in it. The comforter will go on my bed and the afghan, sheets, pillowcases and bedskirts that also has a blue and yellow stripe going around the bedskirt will be on my hubby's bed. I am so excited about the whole thing.

When I bought my place, it was mine. This new facelift will surely make it ours. :manyheart

Well here is a detail of the Harmony ghan finished. I didn't try for a full size shot tonight. It's too dark in my living room. It's about 6'6" long and about 4'6" wide. I'll try for another full size shot tomorrow.

I'm glad I finished it, but, this is definitely an "do once ghan" :sweat My DH really likes it. Thanks for all the encouragement, I don't think I'd have finished this one without it.

Harmonyfinished.jpg

Well, I didn't touch my hook AT ALL yesterday, as I was too busy! By the time I got home, I was too tired! Too busy again today, then pulled it out at baseball practice, and it promptly started raining again. Now I know why I keep my work in a ziploc bag! :lol

So now that we're all home, dried out, and kids are in bed, it's time to.... GO GROCERY SHOPPING! :rofl Isn't that what everyone does when their kids are in bed and DH gets home from work? I feel like Old Mother Hubbard, 'cuz my cupboards are BARE! Time to replenish. Can't wait another day! Mostly because there's ANOTHER practice tomorrow after school! LOL!

Well, I didn't touch my hook AT ALL yesterday, as I was too busy! By the time I got home, I was too tired! Too busy again today, then pulled it out at baseball practice, and it promptly started raining again. Now I know why I keep my work in a ziploc bag! :lol

So now that we're all home, dried out, and kids are in bed, it's time to.... GO GROCERY SHOPPING! :rofl Isn't that what everyone does when their kids are in bed and DH gets home from work? I feel like Old Mother Hubbard, 'cuz my cupboards are BARE! Time to replenish. Can't wait another day! Mostly because there's ANOTHER practice tomorrow after school! LOL!

:) Busy lady needs a crochet break!

Well here is a detail of the Harmony ghan finished. I didn't try for a full size shot tonight. It's too dark in my living room. It's about 6'6" long and about 4'6" wide. I'll try for another full size shot tomorrow.

I'm glad I finished it, but, this is definitely an "do once ghan" :sweat My DH really likes it. Thanks for all the encouragement, I don't think I'd have finished this one without it.

Harmonyfinished.jpg

Very, very nice!! I'm so happy we were here to help you get it finished but you deserve the credit for creating a marvelous afghan! Congratulations! I'll update the first post.

Over the past week, my daughter and I made 30 squares for the comfortghan for my co-worker. After saying I was going to take a break from crocheting last night because my hands were cramping, I found I couldn't just sit and watch tv. So I worked on the Dazzleaire afghan and got 2 rows done. It's slowly getting done.

Tonight I'm going to lay out the squares for the comfortghan and start joining them together. I think I'll take a photo before I join them just in case I get confused.

Over the past week, my daughter and I made 30 squares for the comfortghan for my co-worker. After saying I was going to take a break from crocheting last night because my hands were cramping, I found I couldn't just sit and watch tv. So I worked on the Dazzleaire afghan and got 2 rows done. It's slowly getting done.

Tonight I'm going to lay out the squares for the comfortghan and start joining them together. I think I'll take a photo before I join them just in case I get confused.

That's an excellent idea! Congrats on your progress!

Thanks for all the kind words. :ty It's supposed to rain, so I'll wait until a good day for the full size pic. I'm finishing a ripple for a friend and have a MAM I'm working on for another friend. I've got that baby afghan I need to finish and the Harley afghan I'm going to do for a friend of my DH and myself.

I have about 3 others in the back of my mind for other people, and, want to start a few Stained Glass afghans to use up some of my stash. :whew I kind of thought I would contact the Maryland Fisher house when those are done to see if they could use them. I really need to stop looking here. I keep finding so many really gorgeous things to do.:rolleyes

Well here is a detail of the Harmony ghan finished.

LeslieG: You did a great job on that :cheer I can see why your DH loves it - I just love the little splashes of color in there - Nice job. Also, I know what you mean about needing to stay away. I have so many WIM's that I had to put them on a spreadsheet to keep up with them. Everyday, it seems like I find another afghan that I want to do.

Over the past week, my daughter and I made 30 squares for the comfortghan for my co-worker.

LaurieE: I think it is great that you are doing the comfortghan for your co-worker and I'm glad it is coming along so well.

Archived