Two Felted Bags (A little img heavy)

mizduck

Here are two felted bags I've just gotten around to posting pics of...

(All pics are clicky!)

This one is Patons SWS in Natural Blues. I used this pattern. :clap I added more rows to make it a bit bigger.

th_felted.jpg

This is the before pic.

th_swsbag.jpg

This is my version of the well-traveled bag, done in Noro:c9

th_NoroBag.jpg

th_NoroKureyon.jpg

with a little patons classic mixed in...

I don't have a before pic...I was disgusted with this bag for months...until I found out I could felt it more!!!:clap Now I'm lovin' it.:manyheart

the colours of the skeins of Noro are gorgeous! i really like the colour and style of the Natural Blues bag. great work :)

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! Great bags! It's inspired me to get back on the project I started ages ago--I'd never felted and made a small-scale version of a tote, just to see what this whole felting thing was all about. The small version turned out great, but I've not overcome my laziness to make the bigger sized one!

I especially like your first bag. Terrific work!

Thanks guys!:hug Andrea, I think I used 3 balls of sws....maybe part of a fourth. I added on to the handle as well to make it a bit sturdier. And Brianna, I almost cried to felt it because the sws is soooo soft!:manyheart It is really a true pleasure. Miss USA made a seraphina shawl from sws and it just shows off the stitches beautifully. Everything about the yarn is faboo!:hook

Archived