Small victory

I finished the first row of a ripple afghan pattern and it came out right! lol.

I've tried other ripple patterns before, but couldn't even get to the end of the first row without realizing I'd messed up somewhere along the way. So frustrating when that happens. Especially when you back to the beginning to try to figure it out and it still comes out wrong.

Now I'm ready for the 2nd row! Or at least, I think I am. lol.

GO. GO. GO. You can do it, I know you can. Once you get thru the beg. and then when you finish you'll be able to WHIZ thru it faster & faster with each blanket that you do.

jaye

Thanks for all the encouragement, everyone. I need it. I think the hardest part is over...or should I say...I HOPE the hardest part is over. I hate making mistakes, because I can't just think of a "quick" way to fix them...I end up having to frog everything and start over. lol. I joined the Ripple CAL...this will be my first ripple and CAL!

Aimee

I just finished my first (successful) ripple! I had tried lots of times before, and it wasnt ever right... the sides would go crazy on me, and I couldnt figure out what I was doing wrong. Well, it finally just "clicked!" and away I went. I was so surprised at how fast it went after I got it.

Go Aimee, you can do it!!

Congrats on that victory. I know what a sense of accomplishment it is to finally 'get it'. I have tried numerous times to do a ripple, but I never could get it quite right. I decided this morning to try once again, after seeing the ripple CAL. I grabbed my practice yarn, got my hook and pattern (the one featured in the CAL), and with only one mistake, I finished 3 rows :D . I am so excited that I can now do a ripple.

Now off to dig through my stash and see what yarn I have to make my first ripple. I think I may even join my first CAL.

Congratulations on your first row. I tried a ripple afghan as my first afghan many years ago and I couldn't get it right so I ended up giving up on the thing and I have never attempted a ripple again. Don't know why.....I probably could handle it now all right.

Archived